Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2002 8:44:06 PM EDT
Hey did anyone else almost get nailed by the tornado today...

I had just gotten home from the gunshow, it was kind of cloudy outside, and I passed out in my room.

Not more than 10 minutes later I wake up to the phone ringing and loud rain hittin' all of the windows.

At this point between rain here, and the phone ringing I wasn't sure what to do luckily I somehow figured out how to pick up the phone still not awake or sure of what's goin' on.

Well it was a girl I know tellin me she's scared for herself and worried about me...I still had no idea what was going on.

She told me about she can see the tornado going right where my house is and there was a whole emergency broadcast over the TV and radio.

well my street looked like a river and the water was standing halfway into my yard.  The rain was blowing so hard every direction that the top of the door under the huge patio was getting hit.  Well I closed the door it went for about 10 more minutes and then completely stopped.

I thought about loading up my M4, but I guess that wouldn't have stopped the tornado...so what the hell can I shoot at a tornado to kill it...
Link Posted: 9/7/2002 8:49:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Glad you are safe! But I am laughin my ass off because we were under a tornado watch/warning all night last night because of Fay and I thought about loading up my AR too....wonder what the psychologist would have to say bout that. [whacko]
Link Posted: 9/7/2002 8:56:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, I just always figured when I die, there are going to be a lot of fired shots involved...

[shotgun]       [pistol]

Link Posted: 9/7/2002 9:01:16 PM EDT
[#3]
ya know, AZ is a pretty big freakin' state.  what part of AZ were you in?

and glad to hear you're all right.
Link Posted: 9/7/2002 9:03:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Glad you are safe! But I am laughin my ass off because we were under a tornado watch/warning all night last night because of Fay and I thought about loading up my AR too....wonder what the psychologist would have to say bout that. [whacko]
View Quote

Not such a bad idea.  Especially if you lose power for an extended amount of time.  Being that I'm in hurricane ally, I've experienced my share of blackouts due to weather.  Crime seems to spike during those times.  After one hurricane, my ex-girlfriend's car had it's stereo stolen.  Easy pickings since all the street lights were out.

USPC40

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/line.gif[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 9/7/2002 9:09:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Not such a bad idea.  Especially if you lose power for an extended amount of time.  Being that I'm in hurricane ally, I've experienced my share of blackouts due to weather.  Crime seems to spike during those times.  After one hurricane, my ex-girlfriend's car had it's stereo stolen.  Easy pickings since all the street lights were out.

USPC40

[url]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/line.gif[/url]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]

[url]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/url]
View Quote

And I thought I was crazy...the whole time it was just my SHTF skillz kickin in. [:D]
Link Posted: 9/7/2002 9:16:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I helped clean up after the May 3rd 99 tornado in Midwest city. We came across plenty of firearms in the rubble. After a couple of incendents of the clean-up workers picking up live weapons we were told to mark them and call for either the police or the EOD guys.
I loaned my shotgun to a guy who had the roof and one wall blown off of his house for security.

Link Posted: 9/7/2002 9:51:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I live over in Glendale, it is next to Phoenix for all you people that don't know.

PS...there are always a few loaded guns in the house, especially when one of us gets home from work...I just randomly wanted my M4...
Link Posted: 9/7/2002 10:21:10 PM EDT
[#8]
[b]I loaned my shotgun to a guy who had the roof and one wall blown off of his house for security.[/b]

Damn, blowing the roof and walls off a house is a lot more trouble than I'd be willing to go through just to get some security...
Link Posted: 9/7/2002 10:25:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top