Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 56
Posted: 2/7/2011 10:30:56 PM EDT
Love it or Hate it..it Starts tomorrow at 10p/9c on History Channel.

It will be bitter sweet for me..Bitter because I came so close to making the show but didn't..sweet because I got to meet and know a lot of the cast members and just the overall filming of the show (slow-motion is awesome).

I have gotten some of the cast members to join ARFcom..so maybe they'll chime in once in awhile!!
Link Posted: 2/7/2011 10:34:28 PM EDT
[#1]
OP may have the lowest join date/# of posts ratio I've seen.
Link Posted: 2/7/2011 10:35:05 PM EDT
[#2]
First season was fun. This season I actually hope that they use a weapon that they never did first season, some kind of AIR RIFLES, whether it be a red ryder, or some high power springer, they definitely would be more fun to watch than knife throwing.
Link Posted: 2/7/2011 10:37:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Yes...gathered a lot of good info on this site..Im more of a Cowboy Action Shooter and used to spend a lot of time on the SASS wire.

I do more USPSA stuff and 3 gun.. built 3 AR's with the help of this site.
Link Posted: 2/7/2011 10:37:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Probably spends all his time at the range practicing to be on Top Shot.

Link Posted: 2/7/2011 10:41:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I originally posted my audition tape here in the fall...got a lot of support from this site..it helped get to the top 50 in LA

I did spend a lot of time at the range!!Rokmel's Top Shot Season 2 Audition

Link Posted: 2/7/2011 10:42:48 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I originally posted my audition tape here in the fall...got a lot of support from this site..it helped get to the top 50 in LA

Hey, I remember that!

Link Posted: 2/7/2011 11:14:59 PM EDT
[#7]
A guy I work with is trying out for the next season. He was the top marksman at this past SWAT Roundup.
Link Posted: 2/7/2011 11:17:16 PM EDT
[#8]
cool
Link Posted: 2/7/2011 11:20:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
A guy I work with is trying out for the next season. He was the top marksman at this past SWAT Roundup.

He should know in the next 2-3 weeks if he is going to LA for the TOP 50.

Link Posted: 2/8/2011 12:02:22 AM EDT
[#10]
In on one! Hope it's good!
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 6:54:07 AM EDT
[#11]
I know the AF "sniper". .  I'm curious to see how he does.  I also saw how he sounded like a total guido on one of the promo clips.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 7:06:31 AM EDT
[#12]
I have it set to record.

What ever happened to USMCBamBam? Wasnt he on the show and posting here? I really liked him.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 7:09:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Too bad you didn't make it onto the show, O.P.
I bet you would have done well.
For being only 41 years old, you've certainly already accomplished a lot in life, judging by your audition video!
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 7:10:26 AM EDT
[#14]
I'll be watching and rooting for the guy from Tennessee.

Link Posted: 2/8/2011 7:11:05 AM EDT
[#15]

Maybe this time they will have a ak in a challenge

Link Posted: 2/8/2011 7:14:45 AM EDT
[#16]
I wasn't overly impressed with the first season.  I did notice on the commercials for season 2 that Chris Tilley will be competing.  His family runs a guns shop in Raleigh that I have bought several guns from.  While I have had some bad experiences with some of their employees, Chris has always been super nice and helpful.  I have had the chance to see him shoot a few times in person and he knows his way around a pistol to say the least.  I look forward to seeing him do well in the competition.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 7:26:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

that would be nice
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 7:31:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I wasn't overly impressed with the first season.  I did notice on the commercials for season 2 that Chris Tilley will be competing.  His family runs a guns shop in Raleigh that I have bought several guns from.  While I have had some bad experiences with some of their employees, Chris has always been super nice and helpful.  I have had the chance to see him shoot a few times in person and he knows his way around a pistol to say the least.  I look forward to seeing him do well in the competition.

Chris and family are great people.  Their store is fantastic.    

Gunny Zins will be tough to beat.  He is a first class guy and a super tough, hard holder.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 7:34:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Too bad you did not make the show OP.  Any chance of you being included in future seasons?
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 7:37:31 AM EDT
[#20]
I've set the DVR.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 7:39:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I know the AF "sniper". .  I'm curious to see how he does.  I also saw how he sounded like a total guido on one of the promo clips.

Thats George Reinas..and he is a true bad ass. While in LA for auditions we had a chance to sit around and chat one afternoon and he had some hair raising stories and the scars to prove it from his time in Iraq and Afstan..He has served our country well and he will be a force to reckon with on the show.

I think that he will known for his "quotes" and comments..he had me laughing off my seat

He looks italian but is actually half filipino!
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 7:41:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I have it set to record.

What ever happened to USMCBamBam? Wasnt he on the show and posting here? I really liked him.

Adam Benson still lurks around here once in awhile...Met up with him in Vegas at the SHOT SHOW.

He is a super nice guy (like everyone else from the first season). More focused on hunting now.

Link Posted: 2/8/2011 7:43:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Rock On!  Lets hope it's a bit more refined from last season.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 7:43:16 AM EDT
[#24]
would you think I was a jerk if I said I was invited to send in a video and chose not to?  Just not my thing.  I am not an entertainer I guess (in my opinion, I am not an expert shooter either - I am a student of shooting).  But after I saw the show I realized it was more a redo of "Survivor."
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 7:43:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Too bad you didn't make it onto the show, O.P.
I bet you would have done well.
For being only 41 years old, you've certainly already accomplished a lot in life, judging by your audition video!

Thanks KRNONIK...still waiting on the big home run. It seems I just miss the big time by a hair.

When I made it on the Price is Right (on the audition vid) I made it all the way to the showcase showdown but lost.

Kinda like TOP SHOT where I make it all the way to the top 50 out of 6300+ applications and not make the show.

Still some hope for season 3 though..
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 7:44:39 AM EDT
[#26]
that was a great audition tape, I can't believe you didn't make it
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 7:44:53 AM EDT
[#27]
tag
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 7:47:38 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
would you think I was a jerk if I said I was invited to send in a video and chose not to?  Just not my thing.  I am not an entertainer I guess (in my opinion, I am not an expert shooter either - I am a student of shooting).  But after I saw the show I realized it was more a redo of "Survivor."

Absolutely not...There is a lot more to this show than just shooting..being on camera 24/7 and have a mic on you. 16 people all sharing things in a house with no TV, computers, books, Ipods, phones..it takes a certain type of person to do it.

Its a huge sacrifice to be away from your family and friends for a month or so..
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 7:48:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

No, I wouldn't.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 7:49:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Too bad you did not make the show OP.  Any chance of you being included in future seasons?

They said I should know about season 3 in the next 2-3 weeks..but Im not holding my breath...looks like the next one might be in a "partners" format. Husband/wife, co-workers, father/son etc..

Link Posted: 2/8/2011 8:17:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Barrett 50 cal
m-14
full-auto tommy gun
1911-gi issue and scoped red-dot
glock
benelli shot gun
sharps 45-70
bowtech compound bow
blow-gun
tomahawks
ar-15

this is what I have seen in the sneak peeks
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 8:24:04 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 8:28:11 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I've bought one handgun from them, and they will get more of my business.  I also shoot there fairly regularly, and went to a basic handgun course with Chris.  He's a good guy, and look forward to the show.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 8:34:13 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Barrett 50 cal
m-14
full-auto tommy gun
glock
benelli shot gun
sharps 45-70
bowtech compound bow

blow-gun
tomahawks
ar-15

Compound Bow could be interesting...hope everybody has the same draw length...lots of adjustments need to be made for most people to shoot a compound bow decently...
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 8:42:28 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Barrett 50 cal
m-14
full-auto tommy gun
glock
benelli shot gun
sharps 45-70
bowtech compound bow
blow-gun
tomahawks
ar-15

The Thompson should be interesting.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 8:58:33 AM EDT
[#36]
I caught only the first two and last two episodes last season , it seemed like a little too much drama (aka Survivor) but all-in-all.....it wasnt too bad .
Im just glad to see a show dealing with all the fun aspects of shooting on TV. ( I know it must drive the libbys mad )

I'll try to remember to watch this year when I can , now that we have cable TV again.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 9:06:33 AM EDT
[#37]
Hey guys, I am still around.  Just finished hunting season in Maryland.  Had a nice battle one afternoon with a herd of doe using the lever action .45-70 (flash backs to the Top Shot episode cutting the guillotine rope! Ha!!).

Last season I was able to give some behind the scenes insight, but this time around I am pretty much in the dark.  Will be watching along with everyone else.  The shooters from first season did give suggestions on how to improve the shooting challenges.  What comes of that remains to be seen !!

Anyone here going out for Season 3 ?
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 9:09:50 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

I know the AF "sniper". . I'm curious to see how he does. I also saw how he sounded like a total guido on one of the promo clips.

I met him at RTC during training before deploying.  I don't remember much about him.  He did like to make fun of the Guidos in Jersey where he is from.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 9:17:12 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Hey guys, I am still around.  Just finished hunting season in Maryland.  Had a nice battle one afternoon with a herd of doe using the lever action .45-70 (flash backs to the Top Shot episode cutting the guillotine rope! Ha!!).

http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae337/supercomp38/5for5.jpg

Last season I was able to give some behind the scenes insight, but this time around I am pretty much in the dark.  Will be watching along with everyone else.  The shooters from first season did give suggestions on how to improve the shooting challenges.  What comes of that remains to be seen !!

Glad you're still here.  It is amazing that there are any gun guys in Maryland ever.  Nice haul of deer there.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 9:24:23 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

That was actually really cool , you've gotten quite a bit accomplished in your life so far .
But like one of the comments over on YouTube stated , they must take ones personality into consideration and give it priority over your actual skills with a weapon . ( Not that you've got any shortcomings in your presentation)

Good luck nailing a spot in season three

Link Posted: 2/8/2011 9:27:09 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Damn.......That's quite a haul!!

I can almost taste the backstrap from here

Link Posted: 2/8/2011 9:27:36 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Hitting something with an AK would be luck, not skill.

Link Posted: 2/8/2011 9:31:08 AM EDT
[#43]
I'm looking forward to it even though I think the host comes off as a douche.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 9:32:55 AM EDT
[#44]
I'm glad to see the tomahawk.

I like that they did knife throwing last year.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 9:38:13 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

They said I should know about season 3 in the next 2-3 weeks..but Im not holding my breath...looks like the next one might be in a "partners" format. Husband/wife, co-workers, father/son etc..

Top Shot: Junior vs Senior!

Link Posted: 2/8/2011 9:41:44 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Glad to see that you are still around.

Im gonna have to come out to MD and find some does to shoot. It looks like there are plenty out there.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 9:50:29 AM EDT
[#47]
What the hell, in.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 10:00:54 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chris and family are great people.  Their store is fantastic.    

Gunny Zins will be tough to beat.  He is a first class guy and a super tough, hard holder.

Those two are probably the most accomplished shooters on this season.  

Tilley has been to /won the World Shoot in South Africa as a junior years ago; he has not stopped pulling the trigger since.

Zins won NRA's "Bullseye" One Handed pistol championships - so when it comes to ONE HANDED or Olympic style pistol shooting, he will be very tough to beat.  I thought he was a full-time, upper level  NRA employee?  He's also been to a few local USPSA shoots so he is, at a minimum, familiar with the speed/accuracy combo that was featured in almost EVERY contest on season 1.  

We used to have an old Thompson rental gun at the store & we even used it for a few 3gun shoots we had; it was tougher to control than you might think (the old Uzi we had was tame by comparison) & the thompson weighed a ton.

Tilley should be very familiar with any of the firearms mentioned other than the 45-70 & if speed is a factor, I think he stands a good chance of placing 1st.  But, as we saw with J.J., anything can happen; nothing is for certain.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 10:03:31 AM EDT
[#49]
I will be watching.  

OP your Video was awesome, I remember when you posted it.  Good luck trying to get on in the future.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 10:16:08 AM EDT
[#50]

in for season 2
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 56
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top