Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/20/2013 10:57:15 AM EDT
Link from Foxnews here.

I looked to see if this was  dupe, but couldn't find anything. The article goes on to say that Republicans don't expect Harry Reid to even bring it to the floor for a vote.

Obama and Co. really are total idiots.  I would've thought they would go pretty quiet on this issue after his press conference, but I guess not.  They must really want to piss people off, for no reason but to say they did.  They have to know damn well that their proposed laws wouldn't do anything to prevent crime.

ETA: Another reason we should stay vigilant and keep up the pressure on our Reps and Senators....
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 11:00:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Link from Foxnews here.

I looked to see if this was  dupe, but couldn't find anything. The article goes on to say that Republicans don't expect Harry Reid to even bring it to the floor for a vote.

Obama and Co. really are total idiots.  I would've thought they would go pretty quiet on this issue after his press conference, but I guess not.  They must really want to piss people off, for no reason but to say they did.  They have to know damn well that their proposed laws wouldn't do anything to prevent crime.

ETA: Another reason we should stay vigilant and keep up the pressure on our Reps and Senators....

Don't forget to vote for the debt ceiling poll at that link.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 11:06:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Let them push, it's going to cost them dearly.

Any liberal that is not an idiot knows this is a bad road they're going down, and they will lose.

I've even seen talk of "pro-gun" liberals threatening to vote for republicans just to see dems who vote for it lose.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 11:11:09 AM EDT
[#3]
You're forgetting that it was pawn politicians that paid for the 94 ban and the healthcare law. The longtime democrats aren't going anywhere and don't care how badly the party suffers in the short term, because short memories will vote democrat in future years. Do not doubt for a second they'll use their own as cannon fodder to get an AWB.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 11:21:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You're forgetting that it was pawn politicians that paid for the 94 ban and the healthcare law. The longtime democrats aren't going anywhere and don't care how badly the party suffers in the short term, because short memories will vote democrat in future years. Do not doubt for a second they'll use their own as cannon fodder to get an AWB.

Dems need those cannon fodder seats though. They already have a poor record with rural voters, losing key swing state seats is going to hurt them long term, for a short term "victory".
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 11:22:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Any liberal that is not an idiot knows this is a bad road they're going down, and they will lose.

I've even seen talk of "pro-gun" liberals threatening to vote for republicans just to see dems who vote for it lose.

This is good.

From what I am hearing, the NYS Republican Senators/Assemblymen's staff (who voted yes to Stalin's 2A violation) are going nuts over all the people calling & telling them we're going to actively get them out of office even if we have to support the Rats in the next election.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 11:25:54 AM EDT
[#6]
keep up the pressure and get people to vote!  I hope they take a beating next election.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 11:30:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
keep up the pressure and get people to vote!  I hope they take a beating next election.

I hope they do too. I hope it's an ass beating so hard that generations of Dems to come will still be feeling it.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 11:30:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is good.

From what I am hearing, the NYS Republican Senators/Assemblymen's staff (who voted yes to Stalin's 2A violation) are going nuts over all the people calling & telling them we're going to actively get them out of office even if we have to support the Rats in the next election.

Voting has consequences.

It appears they chose poorly.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 12:37:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is good.

Voting has consequences.

Hopefully they will see the light.  I am just amazed at how hard the Obama administration is pushing this (or how hard it appears they are pushing this.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 12:45:41 PM EDT
[#10]
For all those think we've won.  You better wake the fuck up!  There is a lot going on behind the scenes here.  I haven't heard anyone propose a plan the counter this nonsense.  We need a concentrated effort to inform the public and we need a concentrated effort to put pressure on key lawmakers who are up for election in 2014.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 12:48:48 PM EDT
[#11]
They will probably sneak it into the debt ceiling legislation at the 11th hour.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 12:55:41 PM EDT
[#12]
So Plouffe, Schumer, and Feinstein, the primary proponents of the legislation, all say it is going to pass?  What the hell else are they going to do?
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 12:56:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

And?
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 12:59:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 12:59:24 PM EDT
[#15]
So many gun owners, so few politicians why are they always reelected??
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 1:01:44 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dems need those cannon fodder seats though. They already have a poor record with rural voters, losing key swing state seats is going to hurt them long term, for a short term "victory".

I think this has become a top agenda item though, particularly given the amount of media attention that it has generated and the time that Dear Leader has invested in it. They may be willing to make a short term sacrifice in order to get one of their long time/long term goals accomplished.

And they aren't doing it right before the election this time. There will be almost two years for people to forget.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 1:02:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is good.

Voting has consequences.

Hopefully they will see the light.  I am just amazed at how hard the Obama administration is pushing this (or how hard it appears they are pushing this.

"Appears" is the right word.
The part they really seem interested in is the universal background check and possibly the so-called high capacity mag ban.After saying they expect these measures to pass it's usually followed by a disclaimer "if it gets to the floor for a vote".Could be they don't want it to come to a vote,that way Dems in red states are safe come election time and they can try to use it as an issue to beat Republicans with.The revelation that NY was considering confiscation will cause some damage,how much depends on how effective we are in getting the word out.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 1:10:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is good.

Voting has consequences.

"Appears" is the right word.
The part they really seem interested in is the universal background check and possibly the so-called high capacity mag ban.After saying they expect these measures to pass it's usually followed by a disclaimer "if it gets to the floor for a vote".Could be they don't want it to come to a vote,that way Dems in red states are safe come election time and they can try to use it as an issue to beat Republicans with.The revelation that NY was considering confiscation will cause some damage,how much depends on how effective we are in getting the word out.

Hopefully it's all smoke and mirrors for them to throw a bone to their base.  With headlines like these appearing, I don't expect the panic buying to slow down much though.....
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 1:13:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Typical barganing tactic.

Ask for more than you expect to get and you'll get most of what you asked for.

They think they can horse trade to keep AW's legal in exchange for a ban on 30 round mags.

Republicans who control the House better not fucking horse trade away our freedoms.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 1:14:57 PM EDT
[#20]
They need to back the fuck up, not all gun owners are conservative like us, this could really back fire on them, and I believe it will.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 1:15:59 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Doesn't seem to be the case.  They will all pretend to be conservative democrats in about ten years and people will vote for them again even though they didn't get their freedoms back from the last time they were fooled and voted democrat.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 1:17:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Did you read how?  With the kenyan's newly formed tax exempt grass roots advocacy group to go out and campaign and brain wash people into going along with them.  The FSA will now become his private propaganda army.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 1:22:22 PM EDT
[#23]
I believe Obummer et al can read the writing on the wall and is going to put his money on shifting the balance of power in the SCOTUS before his term ends. He's a fucking communist...but not a stupid communist. There's little sense in pushing something through that could be compromised by SCOTUS decision.

No gun legislation bill will pass in the House and I really doubt Reid will let one even be heard in the Senate. It would fuck them in the midterms and undermine the ability to ramrod something through given the SCOTUS issue I mentioned above. If they wait until a Justice or 2 are replaced with Obummer nominees....we're fucked.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 1:24:21 PM EDT
[#24]
A lot of this doesn't make sense politically.The O regime has a budget fight coming up,and they've stated they want to tackle immigration next.Why would you want to piss off people on the other side whose cooperation you're going to need,not to mention politically endanger candidates on your own side?Maybe they truly believe they can get anything they want, but Zero would have EO'd a ban on imports and more if they really thought they could do it without repercussions.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 1:25:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
A lot of this doesn't make sense politically.The O regime has a budget fight coming up,and they've stated they want to tackle immigration next.Why would you want to piss off people on the other side whose cooperation you're going to need,not to mention politically endanger candidates on your own side?Maybe they truly believe they can get anything they want, but Zero would have EO'd a ban on imports and more if they really thought they could do it without repercussions.

the GOP should refuse to process any debt ceiling talks until all AWB bills are trashed
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 1:29:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Did you read how?  With the kenyan's newly formed tax exempt grass roots advocacy group to go out and campaign and brain wash people into going along with them.  The FSA will now become his private propaganda army.  

I am not surprised.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 1:33:03 PM EDT
[#27]
My brother says even people at work that don't own guns are against all this. They understand how government works, today 10 rounds, next year 5
until your down to flintlocks.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 1:34:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am not surprised.

Setting himself up to be head of this after his term so he can be in the spot light from now on like Slick Willie.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 1:35:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

the GOP should refuse to process any debt ceiling talks until all AWB bills are trashed

While I really think that there are some who want to do that,I'd be willing to bet cash that some east coast RINO's are contemplating selling out the 2nd Amendment to get a budget deal.
I absolutely hate to say this,but voting 3rd party is looking like a viable option  for me the next election.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 1:36:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 1:41:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
My brother says even people at work that don't own guns are against all this. They understand how government works, today 10 rounds, next year 5
until your down to flintlocks.

Then a board with a nail in it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 1:44:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

And?

Ever hear of the Hughes amendment?

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 1:45:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And?

Yes, but what does that have to do with the current congress?
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 1:45:59 PM EDT
[#34]
No.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 1:49:32 PM EDT
[#35]
What's  Harry Reid say?  I'm not so sure he'll roll over for Obungo.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 1:51:34 PM EDT
[#36]
The Republicans should propose that the preliminary bill to be voted on before any gun control bills are considered, would be to condem any plans to confiscate firearms and make such action by a state a felony punishable by loss of office and imprisonment.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 1:51:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Exactly.  I just get a feeling something is going on that we don't know about.  It's not adding up.  Obama is supposed to be a good politician (not lawful or good as in the sense that his intentions are good, but good as in tricky enough to get what he wants) but yet he keeps harping and harping on gun control.  Is he going to use this as a bargaining chip for the fiscal talks?

I know the guy wants all guns to be outlawed deep down in his soul, but I am having a hard time believing (from watching his past political actions) that he's stupid enough politically to make a grave error such as pushing through an AWB or mag limit.  The panic buying should be enough alone to make him understand that this is a bad idea.

Or on second thought, he could be using this to basically say a big "Fuck you I just won a second term and can do whatever I want" to the right, and use it to anger people.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 1:54:41 PM EDT
[#38]
The key is that when they say "gun laws" they're no longer talking about the AW Ban; Schumer et al appear to have given up on that and are focusing on mandatory background checks and a mag ban.

They do have some reason for optimism, as polls show strong support for both those measures.  The problem is, they committed a huge tactical error and put all their initial focus on banning semi-autos.  They stirred up gun owners and the NRA and now no Red State Democrat wants to be seen even voting for any type of gun control.

If they were smart, then they would have said nothing about banning guns but instead talked about background checks only.  They kicked the hornet's nest without thinking about how they were going to get it down.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 1:58:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
What's  Harry Reid say?  I'm not so sure he'll roll over for Obungo.

If ever there was a bigger reader-of-the-tea-leaves than Harry, I'd be surprised.

Yes, he says and does some stupid shit - but he will NOT act upon the issue without knowing first that it benefits him.
If he thinks it'll pass the Senate, he'll bring it to the floor; I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him vote "present" if he did, though.
Clark County is much to NV as the coastal areas are to CA. And we don't have a San Andreas Fault to hope for here....
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 1:58:30 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly.  I just get a feeling something is going on that we don't know about.  It's not adding up.  Obama is supposed to be a good politician (not lawful or good as in the sense that his intentions are good, but good as in tricky enough to get what he wants) but yet he keeps harping and harping on gun control.  Is he going to use this as a bargaining chip for the fiscal talks?

I know the guy wants all guns to be outlawed deep down in his soul, but I am having a hard time believing (from watching his past political actions) that he's stupid enough politically to make a grave error such as pushing through an AWB or mag limit.  The panic buying should be enough alone to make him understand that this is a bad idea.

Or on second thought, he could be using this to basically say a big "Fuck you I just won a second term and can do whatever I want" to the right, and use it to anger people.

Um, yeah.  This is Barack Obama telling everyone he's in charge.

And George Bush made this same mistake, although for different reasons.  After the 2004 election, Bush openly vowed to use his political clout to tackle big issues like Social Security.  The problem was, he wasted a lot of his political capital on things that made his base happy (Terry Schiavo) and by the time he got to the big stuff he had lost the momentum.

Obama has no interest in balancing the budget or fixing the debt crisis or making America a better place.  Gun Control is an example of what he truly wants to do as president; that is, punish his enemies.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 1:58:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And?

That was related to a pro gun bill, FOPA, Hughes poisoned it. Charles Rangel and the democrats.  They can't sneak gun control in a spending bill. Nothing is coming out in the House. Ammo Control has always been a lib holy grail.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 2:01:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
At least this stupidity in NY is convincing people that Democrats will disarm themthem

Sad part is,

I doubt it is enough.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 2:02:09 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Typical barganing tactic.

Ask for more than you expect to get and you'll get most of what you asked for.

They think they can horse trade to keep AW's legal in exchange for a ban on 30 round mags.

Republicans who control the House better not fucking horse trade away our freedoms.

yea!  that would never happen  

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 2:02:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
The key is that when they say "gun laws" they're no longer talking about the AW Ban; Schumer et al appear to have given up on those and are focusing on mandatory background checks and a mag ban.

They do have some reason for optimism, as polls show strong support for both those measures.  The problem is, they committed a huge tactical error and put all their initial focus on banning semi-autos.  They stirred up gun owners and the NRA and now no Red State Democrat wants to be seen even voting for any type of gun control.

If they were smart, then they would have said nothing about banning guns but instead talked about background checks only.  They kicked the hornet's nest without thinking about how they were going to get it down.

I think it is the post election high.  They seem to think that Obama and the Dems have more political capital than 2008/2009.  Believe it or not, failing to take the house, having a smaller majority in the Senate, and losing 10% of the voters from your last presidential election doesn't exactly inspire more confidence than the previous term.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 2:03:27 PM EDT
[#45]

Schumer, chairman of the Senate Committee on Rules and Administration, said on NBC’s “Meet the Press” that the background check proposal was the “sweet spot” of the debate and that Americans will likely see support for it “in the coming weeks.

Lanza stole his mother's guns.  How in the fuck would background checks have prevented anything?
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 2:03:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I find it hard to believe that O's regime is completely oblivious to just how pissed a large number of people are.I heard fairly"radical"(for want of a better word) talk at the rally the other day from people I wouldn't have expected it from in private, let alone in public.Check out some of the comment sections of articles about gun control in the online press;apparently there's no COC in most of these things because some of those comments openly call for revolution.Given how paranoid of the right this regime is, you have to figure DHS is monitoring the mood of the country.The risk versus reward just doesn't seem to add up.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 2:05:19 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The key is that when they say "gun laws" they're no longer talking about the AW Ban; Schumer et al appear to have given up on those and are focusing on mandatory background checks and a mag ban.

I think it is the post election high.  They seem to think that Obama and the Dems have more political capital than 2008/2009.  Believe it or not, failing to take the house, having a smaller majority in the Senate, and losing 10% of the voters from your last presidential election doesn't exactly inspire more confidence than the previous term.

I hate to compare Obama to Bush, but W made the same mistake in 2004.  He had won a comfortable re-election, his party controlled both Houses of Congress, and he had strong personal popularity.

Instead he blew everything trying to save Terri Schiavo, and by the time that was over he had lost much of his support.  Obama is making the same mistake, albeit for different reasons.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 2:06:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like I said the longterm never getting voted out no matter what democrats will sacrifice their underlings to get gun control. Boxer, Schumer, Feinstein, and Pelosi won't feel a thing when their pawns get axed. They'll still be in the game and that's all that matters.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 2:10:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
The key is that when they say "gun laws" they're no longer talking about the AW Ban; Schumer et al appear to have given up on that and are focusing on mandatory background checks and a mag ban.

+1

They could have then snuck in a mag ban towards the end and brought Republicans on board with some kind of concession.  

What really pisses me off is the notion that because something is popular with the average American that it should be passed.  THIS IS NOT A POPULARITY CONTEST!  You still have to satisfy the Constitution and Heller clarified a lot of the issues even if it didn't specify specific limits.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 2:11:31 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hate to compare Obama to Bush, but W made the same mistake in 2004.  He had won a comfortable re-election, his party controlled both Houses of Congress, and he had strong personal popularity.

Instead he blew everything trying to save Terri Schiavo, and by the time that was over he had lost much of his support.  Obama is making the same mistake, albeit for different reasons.

I haven't seen zero make many mistakes, especially one so big as this.  But then, he did punt the whole deal to Congress.....

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top