Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/20/2005 4:53:04 PM EDT
I laughed my ass off reading this    

Bye-Bye Tookie!!        

Probably a dupe, oh well....

www.cnn.com/2005/US/12/20/tookie.funeral.ap.ap/index.html

Hundreds gather for Williams' funeral

Tuesday, December 20, 2005; Posted: 8:30 p.m. EST (01:30 GMT)

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Celebrities from hip-hop star Snoop Dogg to motivational speaker Tony Robbins lamented the execution of Stanley Tookie Williams at a funeral Tuesday that drew hundreds to the violence-wracked area where Williams founded the murderous Crips gang three decades ago.

Under heavy police presence, mourners including gang members flashing hand signs waited in line to enter the 1,500-seat Bethel AME Church for a ceremony that stretched more than four hours.

After the service, many of those outside the church dropped to the ground after hearing what sounded like three gunshots about a block away, but there were no injuries and no arrests.

Vendors sold T-shirts with Williams' picture, and a large TV set up in the parking lot allowed the overflow crowd to watch the service. Williams was executed December 13 despite clemency pleas from celebrities and others who said he had rededicated his life to peace.

"It's nine-fifteen on twelve-thirteen and another black king will be taken from the scene," Snoop Dogg told mourners, reciting a poem about the execution. The line "I don't believe Stan did it" drew wild applause in the parking lot.

Williams, 51, was put to death by injection at San Quentin Prison for the 1979 shotgun murders of a 7-Eleven clerk and three motel owners.

"The war within me is over. I battled my demons and I was triumphant," Williams said in a recording played to mourners, whom he asked to spread a message to loved ones.

"Teach them how to avoid our destructive footsteps. Teach them to strive for higher education. Teach them to promote peace and teach them to focus on rebuilding the neighborhoods that you, others and I helped to destroy."

The Rev. Jesse Jackson decried the execution of Williams, who Jackson said saw himself in the end as a "healer, not a predator."

"Tookie is dead. We're not safer, we're not more secure, we're not more humane," Jackson said.

Robbins told the mourners he knew Williams only a short time but said he had "so much rage and so much anger" after his execution.

While on death row, Williams wrote children's books warning against gang life. Those efforts attracted supporters who lobbied for clemency, arguing Williams had redeemed himself. But Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger was unconvinced, and refused to spare his life.

Several dozen gang members wearing blue attire associated with Crips gangs watched the funeral in the parking lot. One who identified himself as "Killowatt the Third," age 33, estimated there were 20 to 30 Crips-affiliated gangs there to honor Williams.

"That's my role model, man. That's the CEO of the Crips," he said.

Al Birdsong, 54, a school security officer who waited for hours to get into the funeral, said Williams did not deserve to be executed after more than two decades in prison.

"I'm here to pay my respects to humanity, and that goes to Tookie and everyone else they do in. ... What if it was your son?" Birdsong said. "He's no different from any other human being. We all made mistakes."

Keelonnie Roberts, 23, of Torrance, said her father was a Crip who used to tell her tales of gang life. Although Roberts never met Williams, she said, "He seemed like a sweet man to me."

Mourner Rick Hayes, 36, of Compton, wore a T-shirt with the slogan, "What does redemption mean ...," which he had made. If Williams was unable to earn clemency from the governor, "what can a black man do, what can he do in society, to get another chance at life?" Hayes asked.

In his will, Williams asked that his remains be cremated and the ashes scattered over South Africa.

Tuesday's ceremony was not the first public funeral for an executed inmate.

About 300 people attended a San Francisco service for Robert Alton Harris, a murderer whose 1992 execution was the first in 25 years after a death penalty ban and became a rallying point for opponents of capital punishment.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:56:28 PM EDT
[#1]
boo. freakin'. hoo.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:57:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Fuck him and all his supporters.  Scumbags.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:59:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey Tookie? Can hear me now?

How's your sunburn?

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:01:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Wish I hada helicopter.I could have provided the full bladder.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:01:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

+1 there
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:02:19 PM EDT
[#6]
That bastard is burning in hell right now.  Jesse Jackoff will join him there too.  Freakin race baiting POS
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:02:57 PM EDT
[#7]
The worst part is that it took 25 years to do what they should've done immediately.

HH
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:04:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Another one bites the dust.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:07:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Get his ashes the fuck out of my country then.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:07:13 PM EDT
[#10]
I saw footage of the people at Tookie's funeral. They looked like a bunch of black looters from New Orleans waiting for welfare checks! I'm not kidding, it was hilarious. The ghetto women were butt ugly.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:09:20 PM EDT
[#11]
I love Tookie with all my heart, why couln't he be given clemency.  Tookie I will always remember you in my heart.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:11:32 PM EDT
[#12]
All of you haters out there I know you will probably flame me but I think Tookie was a great American hero who deserves to be recognize by Bush if possible.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:12:12 PM EDT
[#13]
If he really did help to bring the "community" together how come there were no Bloods at the service?  
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:12:49 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

After the service, many of those outside the church dropped to the ground after hearing what sounded like three gunshots about a block away, but there were no injuries and no arrests.

...and in related news, water is wet.  
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:13:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:13:57 PM EDT
[#16]
You mean the Bleeds didn't show up to honor Tookie?  I wonder why?  More seriously, I'd love to hear what the Bloods feel about the execution of Tookie.  They'd probably say that the, "N***** deserved it."  
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:14:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Tony Robbins? What did he do, swallow the corpse whole with those gigantic fucking choppers?

"Tony Robbins HUNGRY!!!!!"
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:14:39 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
All of you haters out there I know you will probably flame me but I think Tookie was a great American hero who deserves to be recognize by Bush if possible.

Naw, no flames, if you think a murdering scum fuck piece of shit is what make a hero for you then more power to you.

So who's your next (living) hero, Green River killer Gary Ridgway?  
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:14:56 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Get his ashes the fuck out of my country then.

I am actually feeling better knowing we dont have to disgrace America by burying him here.

Get him the fugg out.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:17:26 PM EDT
[#20]

In his will, Williams asked that his remains be cremated and the ashes scattered over South Africa.

Just keep'n it real, I suppose...
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:18:35 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

+1000

Fucking scumbag will be forgotten in a week.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:19:34 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

If that evil SCUMBAG is your hero then I pity you.

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:21:27 PM EDT
[#23]
now, if we would have only called in some air support on the funeral...crime would have gone down in the area 75%.

Then, his death really would have been worth something.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:23:55 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I saw footage of the people at Tookie's funeral. They looked like a bunch of black looters from New Orleans waiting for welfare checks! I'm not kidding, it was hilarious. The ghetto women were butt ugly.

Wow.

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:27:48 PM EDT
[#25]
All I can hope for now is for his ashes to be eaten by hyenas and shit out and rolled around by dung beatles. I hope the gates of hell were opened by his victims.

I'll remember to rededicate my life to peace right after I murder a few people too. That should make it all better, cause it's the thought that counts.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:28:37 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

they were there for the food....and the heineken...lootie are you out there?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:42:34 PM EDT
[#27]
That shows how ignorant they are.  Didnt he decry gangs and killing and all that other shit?  Then you got KILOWAT the third or whatever his name is saying that tookie was his CEO?  Fuckin retards.  Seemed more like a social gathering to me.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:46:24 PM EDT
[#28]
They shoulda buried his ass in the prison yard.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:51:25 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

You must have smoked some strong crack tonight.
seeing this and some of your other post.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:57:57 PM EDT
[#30]
+1...........Tookie was punished for the crimes he committed, and he is no American hero, just a convicted murderer who finally got justice    

Quoted:

Quoted:

You must have smoked some strong crack tonight.
seeing this and some of your other post.

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:00:21 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I love Tookie with all my heart, why couln't he be given clemency.  Tookie I will always remember you in my heart.

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:01:56 PM EDT
[#32]
The L.A. Times has a pretty extensive coverage of the funeral, and 17 images of the various celeberties and dignitaries, including Jesse Jackson etc.

Mourners Pack Church for Williams' Funeral

funeral images
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:03:51 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Mourner Rick Hayes, 36, of Compton, wore a T-shirt with the slogan, "What does redemption mean ...," which he had made. If Williams was unable to earn clemency from the governor, "what can a black man do, what can he do in society, to get another chance at life?" Hayes asked.

If Tookie would have admitted his guilt and truly apologized, he would be alive today. Oh well, I wonder who the black Timothy Mcvege will be?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:05:25 PM EDT
[#34]
AMF
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:07:47 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
The L.A. Times has a pretty extensive coverage of the funeral, and 17 images of the various celeberties and dignitaries, including Jesse Jackson etc.

Mourners Pack Church for Williams' Funeral

funeral images

Some pathetic pics there, dude.

Yeah, let's celebrate the life of a quadruple murderer.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:11:21 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted: Then you got KILOWAT the third or whatever his name is
Aren't you familiar with ghetto name-ology? He was probably born next to an electrical substation. www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2005/09/28/on_cape_evacuee_gives_birth_to_a_son_and_a_new_dream/

... 'I named him that because I love Cape Cod," said Dionne White, who gave birth to the first baby born to a member of the camp's ''Village," at Falmouth Hospital at 5:19 a.m. ''Coming here has been a big break for me. It's like Christmas, just a big old miracle. And you don't get that very often."

White, who turns 37 today, has been given numerous donations of baby clothes and toys. But one thing she laughingly said she does not need much help with is giving birth. White has 12 other children ranging in age from 3 to 21. Four of them are at Camp Edwards. Another three of White's children, an 11-year-old and 9-year-old twins, were at White's sister's house in New Orleans when the floodwaters rose and have not been found. White and her partner, James Bannister, who is the father of six of her children, clung to the roof of their flooded house for three days before help came...

The crowd at Tookie's funeral looked like her. See if you can dig up some footage, the media seems to want to keep the amount of footage to a minimum. Just a few pics of cRap starts giving speeches is what most news outlets carry. I guess they don't want to show how the libtard War on Poverty was a complete waste of effort.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:12:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:19:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Merry Christmas  "Tookie".  

() "Your ass is mine now." (/)

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:20:51 PM EDT
[#39]
You guys are getting slow. Wheres the pic of beer looter dude at Tookies funeral.?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:21:18 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Well this is America and many GOOD people have died to preserve your right to state your opinion in public.

Personally I think Tookie was a piece of shit who should have died a violent death years ago.

The world is a better place without him.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:28:00 PM EDT
[#41]
PHOTOSHOP TIME BOYZZ!!!

Jesse Jackson && Louis Farrakhan

Snoop Dogg && Louis Farrakhan

Tony Robbins

Bianca Jagger and/or Michael Jackson

Sanitta Jackson wailing some tunes

Mourners with some early police sketches of Tookie

wganz

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:30:48 PM EDT
[#42]

In his will, Williams asked that his remains be cremated and the ashes blended with mannitol and cocaine and sold on the street in commemorative "Tookie Toke" baggies as a fundraiser for the Crips "Baby Daddy" fund to support the illegitimate children of affiliated street hoodlums.

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:34:40 PM EDT
[#43]
God, what losers.  That Tony Robbins character looks like a serial killer.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:35:19 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

In his will, Williams asked that his remains be cremated and the ashes blended with mannitol and cocaine and sold on the street in commemorative "Tookie Toke" baggies as a fundraiser for the Crips "Baby Daddy" fund to support the illegitimate children of affiliated street hoodlums.

LOL
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:38:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Burn, Baby, Burn....you fucking asshole (Tookie...pussy of a name)
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:40:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Fuck Tookie and fuck everyone who thinks that murdering piece of human shit didn't deserve death.

If you are a supporter of a death row inmate he should have to house a death row inmate until his execution. You should be forced to have a violent murder housed with you and your family for up to 20 years.

Then let us know if you still want him to remain alive.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:46:06 PM EDT
[#47]

Tony Robbins told the mourners he knew Williams only a short time but said he had "so much rage and so much anger" after his execution.

AAAAAH!!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:46:25 PM EDT
[#48]
See here for images of Tookie's victims:
(The left side of Yu-Chin Yang Lin's face, was partially blown away)
Tookie's Victims - <GRAPHIC PHOTOS>
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:56:44 PM EDT
[#49]

Tookies new best friend was also present at the funeral.......
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:20:53 PM EDT
[#50]
The Bloods stayed the hell out of there because the different Crips factions were the designated fighters.  According to the KFI reporter, they nearly started fighting at the Peace celebration.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top