Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2010 4:34:48 PM EDT
First time for the little man, where he was getting to shoot like a big boy.

The single shot rifle wasn't as fun as what dad and sis were shooting.  So we had a quick word on handgun safety.

Then dad helps

After a couple mags, we are off to the races:

Link Posted: 7/23/2010 4:35:11 PM EDT
[#1]
nice.
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 4:38:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Good for you both.
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 4:43:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I remember the first time my Dad took me shooting. Getting ready for squirrel season. Single shot .410 and PBR cans on some fence posts. Take him every chance you get, trust me, means more to him then it does to you.
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 4:43:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Good for you (and him).

Before you go next time grab him some eye pro (it's for the kid!)
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 4:43:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Good for you both.

Pitcher taking apprentice sammichmaker was there too.  She got bitchy when she realized that a 30 minute range session was code for "until we run out of ammo", revolted and then started returning guns to the car.

With foresight of continued range sessions with my girl, I gave her the keys to the car so she could sit in the AC while the boy and I swept up.  

It was only 95 with 90% humidity.

Link Posted: 7/23/2010 4:45:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Good for you (and him).

Before you go next time grab him some eye pro (it's for the kid!)

It was in the car.  Forgot it.  

I never once wore eyes until I got old enough to pay the bills.  

Just habit for me now, and I forget to make them sometimes.  Rode a bike without a helmet too.  

Link Posted: 7/23/2010 4:45:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Nothing better than a day at the range with the kids!!!

Bravo!!!!  
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 4:48:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 4:49:27 PM EDT
[#9]
looks like fun.  now he'll tell all his buddies about your silenced 22
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 5:03:26 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

looks like fun.  now he'll tell all his buddies about your silenced 22

As long as he keeps mum about the silenced p-90 and the silenced AR.  

Actually, because my house is decorated in "arms room, casual" guns are not much of a topic of conversation with the other kids.  Mine are astonished to find out that other familes don't store pistols on the top of the ice box, let alone the "Dad... johnnys parents don't own guns at all!  None!"  

Link Posted: 7/23/2010 5:11:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Thats the same place I took my daughter for the first time shooting. She took to it like a duck to water. The whole firing line got quite and watched that little youngin shoot. She was 5 yrs old.
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 5:15:25 PM EDT
[#12]
That's awesome!!!!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top