Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2006 6:07:22 PM EST
My son came home 2 weeks before the end of the semester as the range has now opened up. He brought 2 friends who wanted to shoot some of my stuff and his girlfriend.

Got out today. Perfect. 70deg, not a cloud in the sky, light breeze.
Checked them out on safety, gun ergos. Then shooting at 50m with AR and AK.
Once up to form, clays at 100 and 150m. My son was killing them fast. The other two guys did alright for having very limited experieince and none with EBRs. One seemed a little bit intimidated.

Then we went to some more tactical stuff with other positions, 3 shot rapid fire, mozambiques, zippers, shooting with lateral movement. That's about as far as we got. Went through about 400rds 7.62mm and 700rds 5.56mm. They got to blast.

My son really kicked ass all the way around but he has BTDT. The clays were eating it all over the place and did great with tight groups on bursts, mozambiques, etc. We built a LMT M4 the night the AWban died. Magpul stock, RAS, Colt BCG. Helluva rifle.

My daugter's BF shoed up towards the end and he shot the AR a little. He had a hard time with it as his hunting rifle has a 1# trigger. Not to happy to hear that and I advised against but it was like talking to a wall. His Dad does it, he does it.

Then we came home and good old Dad cleaned guns and put gear away while they did their thing and my wife made Easter dinner. They will have to head back early tomorrow.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:13:54 PM EST

Sounds like fun. I always have a good time introducing new people to the game.

Originally Posted By drjarhead:

Then we went to some more tactical stuff with other positions, 3 shot rapid fire, mozambiques, zippers, shooting with lateral movement. That's about as far as we got. Went through about 400rds 7.62mm and 700rds 5.56mm. They got to blast.

I'm not familiar with this one. What is that?

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:16:53 PM EST
i've introduced a bunch of my college buddies to guns, and converted several "guns are scarry" types into avid shooters and gun owners
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:23:28 PM EST

Originally Posted By AvengeR15:
Sounds like fun. I always have a good time introducing new people to the game.

I'm not familiar with this one. What is that?

That's what I call 'em, not sure if there is another name.

3-4 shot bursts up the midline. Bang, bang, bang-- chest, neck, head. Or add pelvis.
I like it better than mozambique. Seems more natural.

They weren't doing very good at it. My son did fine. Just a matter of practice.
Maybe it was a bit much for the first day. Just wanted to give them some ideas for next time at the end of the shoot.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:27:20 PM EST

My son came home 2 weeks before the end of the semester as the range has now opened up. He brought 2 friends who wanted to shoot some of my stuff and his girlfriend.

I can understand them wanting to shoot some of your toys - but I hope they didn't hurt your son's girlfriend.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:34:32 PM EST

Originally Posted By Bohr_Adam:

I can understand them wanting to shoot some of your toys - but I hope they didn't hurt your son's girlfriend.

She stayed home with my wife as she wanted to learn a little about cooking. I guess her mom isn't a very good cook.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:52:31 PM EST

Once up to form, clays at 100 and 150m. My son was killing them fast. The other two guys did alright for having very limited experieince and none with EBRs. One seemed a little bit intimidated.

My son really kicked ass all the way around but he has BTDT. The clays were eating it all over the place and did great with tight groups on bursts, mozambiques, etc. We built a LMT M4 the night the AWban died. Magpul stock, RAS, Colt BCG. Helluva rifle.

My daugter's BF shoed up towards the end and he shot the AR a little. He had a hard time with it as his hunting rifle has a 1# trigger. Not to happy to hear that and I advised against but it was like talking to a wall. His Dad does it, he does it.

Then we came home and good old Dad cleaned guns and put gear away while they did their thing and my wife made Easter dinner. They will have to head back early tomorrow.

I hope you told him that was not a good idea
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:57:33 PM EST

Originally Posted By Maddog_44:

I hope you told him that was not a good idea

I just told her to run around. They weren't that good and couldn't hit a moving target.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 10:58:56 PM EST

Took some college kids shooting

Did any of them survive?

Link Posted: 4/16/2006 6:01:21 AM EST

Originally Posted By Bumblebee_Bob:

Took some college kids shooting

Did any of them survive?

So far.

But they are all still here!
Top Top