Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2006 4:42:40 AM EDT
www.imdb.com/title/tt0339579/

"After an alien invasion threatens to annihilate the human race, a young Japanese girl, named Milly (Anne Suzuki), travels back in time from 2084 to October 2002, and enlists the reluctant aid of skilled Tokyo gunman, named Miyamoto (Takeshi Kaneshiro), to discover and prevent the start of the war. However, trouble ensues when the two protagonists are forced to deal with a Japanese mafia boss, named Mizoguchi (Goro Kishitani), who is somehow involved in the start of the war by keeping the first alien spaceship and its alien pilot captive, while our two heroes race against the clock to find a way to stop the oncoming destruction from the vengeance-seeking alien invasion fleet on its way to Earth."

The Japanese sure do a damn good job when it comes to using firearms in movies.  Great cinemetography, some cool action sequences, good special effects, a little humor thrown in, some neat ideass, and very well acted and filmed.  It gave my 5.1 surround sound system a workout too, with some very good sound effects all around.

Definitely worth a rental - though I bought it.  Dubbed in english, too.

Lots of P90s, and the main character had a 1911 as well!

www.imdb.com/title/tt0339579/trailers-screenplay-X22798-6-3

Good trailer here.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:47:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, I've watched that one too.  It was pretty good.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:58:32 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
www.imdb.com/title/tt0339579/

The movie is called Ritana.

Thanks for the recommendation.  I will have to check it out.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:13:01 AM EDT
[#3]
That was on TV here last night. I watched just a little because it was in Japanese on the Asian channel. Seemed pretty good from what I saw.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:14:05 AM EDT
[#4]
the American extras in the film ( in the "returning" part ) are hilariously bad actors but the film is actually DAMN good.  I was VERY impressed.......
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:17:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Netflix has it under Returner.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:24:03 AM EDT
[#6]
tag
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:38:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Is that the one were they can bend time and then use that to run around bullets and such? I think I saw that one some time ago. And it has that big airplane (won't go further and spoil it for anyone) at the end that reveals a secret?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:07:46 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Is that the one were they can bend time and then use that to run around bullets and such? I think I saw that one some time ago. And it has that big airplane (won't go further and spoil it for anyone) at the end that reveals a secret?

Yes, that is correct.  The "bending time" thing was pretty damn cool, though it had limited charges.  The gun stuff, though, in the movie was just damn cool.  I swear, it is pretty bad when the Japanese get guns in movies better than we do here in America.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top