Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/20/2004 7:09:31 AM EST
He's a friend of a friend, and had shot A rifle Once before.

We started him on a buddy's lever-action .357 rifle (which he shot very well), and moved to my SIG Trailside (which he was getting the hang of). At 10 yards, he was getting about 50% of his shots on a 5" target.

He didn't do so well with with the .40 Glock. (I don't need a flame suit, I've got calluses.)

Amazingly, he put three shots in a row on the target from a .44 magnum (single action shooting).

And he hit the cardboard with another friend's .500 S&W.

He loved it, and we were glad to give him the chance, since there's pretty much NO WAY he'd get to shoot any of that over in GBR.

BTW, he said folks on the street over there are just as appalled as we are over the treatment of Tony I'llgooglehisnamelater who shot a burglar and got five years for it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:27:36 AM EST
Tony Martin. His name was Tony Martin.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:30:13 AM EST
great! i have a Chinese PhD student as a roommate I want to take shooting. I am glad it worked out and he dosent think that we are all terrorists.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:25:17 AM EST
There was Brit living in town until a couple of yrs ago who was all into Cowboy Action shooting.

Real neat guy. Late '50's, tall with close cut salt&pepper hair - mostly salt - and really looked the part when all dressed up. Hell of a good auto mechanic too.

He left England when he was 15 to see the world. And he did pretty much. But he moved back to England when he left here. Can't imagine what possessed him to do that. I sometime wonder if he's sitting over there wondering over a pint "Why the hell did I ever move back?"
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:35:04 AM EST
Sounds like "English Bob".

A plague on you. A plague on the whole stinking lot of ya, without morals or laws. And all you whores got no laws. You got no honor. It's no wonder you all emigrated to America, because they wouldn't have you in England. You're a lot of savages, that's what you all are. A bunch of bloody savages. A plague on you. I'll be back.

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:35:06 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/20/2004 8:37:10 AM EST by kindstranger]

Originally Posted By CSM:
great! i have a Chinese PhD student as a roommate I want to take shooting. I am glad it worked out and he dosent think that we are all terrorists.

I have taken Chinese grad. students shooting many times. The "of age" males needed no introduction to the finer points of the bolt action or AK.

Scary, I have taken Chinese men separated by their US tenure by at least ten years, who did not know each other. The all handled weapons exactly the same way. hmmmmmm.
Top Top