Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2001 3:48:43 PM EDT
I went to the recruiting office (US Army) with a young guy from work who wants to join up, to make sure they didn't feed him a line of sh*t (we all know how they are), and to make sure they didn't do the same to another guy from work who went earlier. The Reserve recruiter came in, and told me that I could just barely squeeze by the age limit. I have the paperwork in front of me now. All I need to do is decide when I want to go to Ft Knox for training (going 19D, so I have to "re-train"- I was 13B, but I want to get a little closer this time). I'm an AMERICAN, and if my country goes to war, so do I.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 4:09:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 4:11:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 4:18:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
19D!!! Outstanding!!!!!!!!

[b]If you ain't CAV you ain't shit![/b]
View Quote
 YA G*DDAMN Right! I want to SEE my enemy before I kill him.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 4:21:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I went back in at 29, and I got activated yesterday for USAF security forces!!

by the way Gary Owen!! I was a huey crew chief in the 5/117 Cav. !!!!!  
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 4:55:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I went to the recruiting office (US Army) with a young guy from work who wants to join up, to make sure they didn't feed him a line of sh*t (we all know how they are), and to make sure they didn't do the same to another guy from work who went earlier. The Reserve recruiter came in, and told me that I could just barely squeeze by the age limit. I have the paperwork in front of me now. All I need to do is decide when I want to go to Ft Knox for training (going 19D, so I have to "re-train"- I was 13B, but I want to get a little closer this time). I'm an AMERICAN, and if my country goes to war, so do I.
View Quote

Whats the age limit?  I have three years prior service.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 5:00:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 5:09:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:Whats the age limit?  I have three years prior service.
View Quote
They subtract your time in service from your age and go by that
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 5:15:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 5:20:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
We sweat it out every year at my unit when the time for cutbacks rolls around again.
View Quote

Why I am just certain this will not be problem again for the forseeable future?
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 5:23:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Where did ya find a 19D slot in the Reserve? I thaught the Gaurd had all those sewn up.

Actual combat units in the Reserves are getting rare, the  Natioanl Gaurd has 99% of em now. We sweat it out every year at my unit when the time for cutbacks rolls around again.
View Quote
I was just about to e-mail ya, asking which units were around here, so I can call 'em. I know how the Army works, and I ain't going to train as a scout, only to end up as a supply clerk, or in NBC
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 5:34:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 5:43:34 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm in Spartanburg, so the drive is no problem. I told the recruiter that I would drive up to 100 miles, as long as it was combat arms, either Infantry or Armor.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 5:44:29 PM EDT
[#13]
I am a college student, and i am so pissed right now that i could shave my long hair off and march right down to the Marine Corps recruiting center right now--that's a bad sign for me considering how much i dislike the organized military.  but i ain't gonna be no damn long haired hippy war protester if it comes to that.  by the way, i am also Syrian...
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 5:46:05 PM EDT
[#14]
I am glad to see that Patriotism is not dead, at least among this board, I am a Combat M.P. in the National Guard and am currently on standby, I joined on Sept 1999, after a 16 year gap in service, I was formerly with the 7th Infantry Div. Ft. Ord CA.
2nd BN 8th FA  (13B) Gun Bunny - 1980 to 83'

I would be proud to have any of you in my fighting hole.

[red]MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE 168 GRAINS AT A TIME[/red][sniper]
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 5:46:29 PM EDT
[#15]
I am a college student, and i am so pissed right now that i could shave my long hair off and march right down to the Marine Corps recruiting center right now--that's a bad sign for me considering how much i dislike the organized military.  but i ain't gonna be no damn long haired hippy war protester if it comes to that.  by the way, i am also Syrian...
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 5:48:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top