Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/23/2005 8:26:30 PM EDT
How do I get rid of it? Any certain kinds of excercises I could do?

Keep in mind I don't have access to any sort of weight machine.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:27:28 PM EDT
crunches atkins crunches atkins crunches atkins crunches atkins. Throw in some walking and jogging here and there to.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:27:56 PM EDT
diet

exercise - walking, jogging, etc....

situps...

don't need a weight machine for this
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:32:40 PM EDT
do some walking if you have a dog you both can walk, it makes for more enjoyment than walking alone. Also start eating something like the frozen dinners lean cuzines. I've done this for about six weeks now and I've lost 15 pounds. I went from 236 pounds to now 221 pound. And also lay off the soda. Drink more water and if you want soda every now and again drink the zero stuff not coke zero. the sprite with zero stuff but still has taste
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:35:45 PM EDT
eat healthy and exercise. particularly run. a lot
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:40:37 PM EDT
OK, I know about diet and excercise. I want to know of specific excercises for the waist.

I read crunches and sit-ups. Any more? Any specific way to do these - number of reps, what not to do, ect . . .
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:43:43 PM EDT

Originally Posted By spork:
OK, I know about diet and excercise. I want to know of specific excercises for the waist.

I read crunches and sit-ups. Any more? Any specific way to do these - number of reps, what not to do, ect . . .

Till you hurt, then 40 more, this is boot you pansy!
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:43:57 PM EDT
there is no specific exercise you can do to isolate fat loss. your body will loose the fat where it wants. you can do situps and crunches all you want but you wont loose fat in that area any faster. just plain old diet and exercise.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:47:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 556_Chowder:
there is no specific exercise you can do to isolate fat loss. your body will loose the fat where it wants. you can do situps and crunches all you want but you wont loose fat in that area any faster. just plain old diet and exercise.

+1

You can do crunches all you want but it won't give you a sixpack. To get a flat stomach you have to get your bodyfat down to between 15-18%, for a visible sixpack shoot for less than 10% BF.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:47:13 PM EDT

I find running to be the best way. Start with walking and biking. Progress into a fast pace on the walks. I used to run up until a year ago but a few heart palpitations scard the heck out of me though. Docs said its normal and harmless but still freaked me out to not want it to happen again.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:47:54 PM EDT
Eat less.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:59:25 PM EDT
biceps are built at the gym, abs are built at the dinner table, or something like that.

You can do all the ab stuff you want but you won't be able to see 'em until you loose weight. And you won't lose much weight doing ab exercises. You also won't lose much wt exercising and eating a lot of food, especially junk food. Drinking sweet drinks like sodas will not leave you feeling full but will add extra empty calories before you know it.

And forget all those commercials saying how it isn't your fault, it's really stress, and you can take a pill and and fix it, it's all bullcrap.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:11:02 PM EDT

I'd stop eating at fast food places who provide you a "spork" as your only utensil
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:12:42 PM EDT
The best thing for the spare tire is aerobic exercise and diet. Reduce all non essential foods and fats, eat a big breakfast, liter lunch, even lighter still dinner. Do not eat with in 2 hours of going to bed. Drink 8-12 16 oz glasses of water a day. Work out at a level that will cause you to have to concentrate to carry on a conversation at least 4 times a week.

Patty
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:17:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/23/2005 9:24:32 PM EDT by Andreuha]
Exercise is only a small part of it.
Diet and sleep are two big ones. If you really want ripped abs, be ready for an egg-whites, unsalted crap tuna, and chicken-breast diet (actually, be ready for this anyway because you've got a ton of fat to burn).

I'd recommend getting on a walking/jogging/running routine (work your way up: walk 50 yards/jog 50 yards, up until youre just jogging (at least 8 weeks in), until you're running.
Running: If you're over 40, well, PM me because there's alot of typing to do here, or better yet, read on and you won't have to read my crap.

Get a nutritionist and personal trainer (or someone whose both) to work out a workout plan and diet guidelines for you. Don't get some bullshit guy, because there are currently no regs on the industry and many folks out there have either no certification or paid $50 for some bullshit certificate, and don't know WTF they're really doing (some obviously fit folks out there don't know anything, so check out the credentials). Check out this month's Men's Health magazine, a good read on really crappy people calling themselves personal trainers.

A good place to start is bodybuilding.com , but then remember: what I said above (to get some real help) will go a LONG WAY, and you won't waste the time and money reading articles and buying crap you don't need. The best thing about the internet is that you can post (on a site with a good base on this topic, not this one!) and make sure you're not getting the wrong 'help'.

Edit: There's a LOT of factors that go into losing fat. Enough to fill up a book (literally) the size of a webster's dictionary. The reason for my suggesting you pay a real professional to help you: he's probably read several of those.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:55:01 PM EDT
I was going to say "Take the spork out of your mouth!" but npd233 beat me to the sentiment!
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:05:04 PM EDT
OK, thanks for the help. I'll get right on it.

And the spork stays!
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:07:34 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Dusty_C:
crunches atkins crunches atkins crunches atkins crunches atkins. Throw in some walking and jogging here and there to.

I have yet to talk to a doctor, nurse, or anyone in the medical field who thinks atkins is a good idea. I've heard of things like muscle breakdown, and kidney failure.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 11:46:06 PM EDT
SEX
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 11:54:22 PM EDT
ECA Stack! You will loose weight from an ECA stack but you must give them the proper respect.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 11:59:01 PM EDT
The government can spend billions of dollars on research to lower fat and obesity and after years of clinical trials and thousands of people used as guinea pigs, they'll say.....

EAT LESS.

EXERCISE MORE.

It really is the only way.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:08:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/24/2005 12:11:07 AM EDT by Winston_Wolf]

there is no specific exercise you can do to isolate fat loss ...

... (knows what he speaks )

.... Just cut back on PORTIONS - In our value-minded upbringing, it's sometimes hard to walk away from a half eaten dinner but DO IT!

... You WILL become acclimated to smaller portions once you REALIZE you don't need to finish the meal in ONE SITTING.

... Even mild EXERCISE will complement your mental/physical change tremendously, if you chose this path.

... Bottom line - NO PILLS or PROMISES of svelte bodies without certain (and sometimes painful) SACRIFICES.

... You only live once
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 2:22:56 AM EDT
Here's the best way....

Eat less, EXCERCISE, eat less,EXCERCISE repeat often to you can get the results you want.

I started 13 weeks ago and have lost 40 lbs so far (I was 290 @ 5'11', a big fat lard ass), still have along way to go as I want to get down to 200 lbs.

Started out walking 30 minutes a day and I am up to 4 miles running at a 12 minute mile right now. I do this 2 days aweek and the other 3 days I weight train and then run 2 miles. And this is from someone who would get out of breath walking from the couch to the fridge.

I cut out all soda, fast food, as well as junk food. Instead of eating till I was stuffed I eat just one plate of portians now. I actually eat 5-6 times a day now, but its small meals (200-400 calories each). Also drink lots of water, this is one the most important things you have to do.

I feel better now than I have in years and am started to look less like 300 lbs of chewed bubblegum and more like I looked when I got out of the Army. Feels good to here people tell yopu how much better you look.

The first two weeks are the hardest, after that it gets easier, now I look forward to my excercise everyday. Good Luck to you on losing your unwanted weight.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 2:27:31 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Enigma102083:

I have yet to talk to a doctor, nurse, or anyone in the medical field who thinks atkins is a good idea. I've heard of things like muscle breakdown, and kidney failure.

Most Dr's I've talked to about it get a DUH look on their face when I say this and tend to agree. "What's less healthy? Loosing weight in a way that may be dangerous, or staying fat?"

Fact is being fat is very bad for you. And atkins flat freaking works if you follow it right. My stepdad lost 45 pounds on it in 6 weeks. And as far as being unhealthy, my mom took diet pills to loose weight, and had a brain anuerysm rupture because of it. And at the time they were considered healthy. I'm not saying Atkins is the perfect weight loss option or real safe, It's not and I know it. But it does work.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 2:35:38 AM EDT
Your body stores fat as a physilogical response to eating. Millions of years ago, humans did not McDonalds on every corner, so they did not know when, where or how they would get their next meal. Your body will not give up its fat stores with out a fight.

Cut your intake back to about 1200cals a day, and walk, jog or do any type exercise. Yuo need to burn more cals than you are taking in, it is that simple.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 3:03:29 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:06:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/24/2005 9:13:32 AM EDT by Andreuha]

Originally Posted By Enigma102083:

+1 (I'm a fitness trainer in my spare time)
Basically, this is like cutting the gasoline out of your car's diet, and just running it on the additives.

They call it a 'balanced diet' for a reason. In short, what cmJohnson said; eat until "satisfied", not until "full". Eat more often, and eat smaller servings. Eat better foods in general, keep factory-foods down to a minimum.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:09:24 AM EDT
Spork,

Forget what everyone else says...Liprosuction. It's the wave of the future.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:12:01 AM EDT
meth
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:13:05 AM EDT
WORKOUT FOR CATEGORY I

RUNNING: The majority of the physical activities you will be required to perform during your six months of training at BUD/S will involve running. The intense amount of running can lead to overstress injuries of the lower extremities in trainees who arrive not physically prepared to handle the activities. Swimming, bicycling, and lifting weights will prepare you for some of the activities at BUD/S, but ONLY running can prepare your lower extremities for the majority of the activities, You should also run in boots to prepare your legs for the everyday running in boots at BUD/S.

The goal of the category I student is to work up to 16 miles per week of running, After you have achieved that goal, then and only then should you continue on to the category II goal of 30 miles per week. Let me remind you that category I is a nine week buildup program. Follow the workout as best you can and you will be amazed at the progress you will make.

RUNNING SCHEDULE I

WEEKS #1, 2: 2 miles/day, 8:30 pace, M/W/F (6 miles/week)

WEEK #3: No running. High risk of stress fractures.

WEEK #4: 3 miles/day, M/W/F (9 miles/wk)

WEEKS #5, 6: 2/3/4/2 miles, M/Tu/Th/F (11 miles/wk)

WEEKS #7, 8: 3/4/5/2 miles, M/Tu/Th/F (16 miles/wk)

WEEK #9: same as #7, 8 (16 miles/wk)

PHYSICAL TRAINING SCHEDULE I

(Mon/Wed/Fri)

SETS OF REPETITIONS SETS OF REPETITIONS

WEEK #1: 4 X15 PUSHUPS

4 X 20 SITUPS

3 X 3 PULLUPS

WEEK #2: 5 X 20 PUSHUPS

5 X 20 SITUPS

3 X 3 PULLUPS

WEEK #3,&4: 5 X 25 PUSHUPS

5 X 25 SITUPS

3 X 4 PULLUPS

WEEKS #5& 6: 6 X 25 PUSHUPS

6 X 25 SITUPS

2 X 8 PULLUPS

WEEKS #7&8: 6 X 30 PUSHUPS

6 X 30 SITUPS

2 X 10 PULLUPS

WEEK #9: 6 X 30 PUSHUPS

6 X 30 SITUPS

3 X 10 PULLUPS

* Note: For best results, alternate exercises. Do a set of pushups, then a set of situps, followed by a set of pullups, immediately with no rest.

WORKOUT FOR CATEGORY II

Category II is a more intense workout designed for those who have been involved with a routine PT schedule or those who have completed the requirements of category I. DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS WORKOUT SCHEDULE UNLESS YOU CAN COMPLETE THE WEEK #9 LEVEL OF CATEGORY I WORKOUTS.

RUNNING SCHEDULE II

(M/Tu/Th/F/Sa) TOTAL

WEEKS #1, 2: (3/5/4/5/2) miles 19 miles/week

WEEKS #3, 4: (4/5/6/4/3) miles 22 miles/week

WEEK #5: (5/5/6/4/4) miles 24 miles/week

WEEK #6: (5/6/6/6/4) miles 27 miles/week

WEEK #7: (6/6/6/6/6) miles 30 miles/week

*Note: For weeks #8-9 and beyond, it is not necessary to increase the distance of the runs; work on the speed of your.6-mile runs and try to get them down to 7:30 per mile or lower. If you wish to increase the distance of your runs, do it gradually: no more than one mile per day increase for every week beyond week #9.

PT SCHEDULE II

(Mon/Wed/Fri)

SETS OF REPETITIONS

WEEK #1, 2 : 6 X 30 PUSHUPS

6 X 35 SITUPS

3 X 10 PULLUPS

3 X 20 DIPS

WEEK #3, 4 : 10 X 20 PUSHUPS

10 X 25 SITUPS

4 X 10 PULLUPS

10 X 15 DIPS

WEEK #5: 15 X 20 PUSHUPS

15 X 25 SITUPS

4 X 12 PULLUPS

15 X 15 DIPS

WEEK #6: 20 X 20 PUSHUPS

25 X 25 SITUPS

5 X 12 PULLUPS

20 X 15 DIPS

These workouts are designed for long-distance muscle endurance. Muscle fatigue will gradually take a longer and longer time to develop doing high repetition workouts. For best results, alternate exercises each set, in order to rest that muscle group for a short time. The above exercises can get a bit boring after a while. Here are some more workouts you can use to break up the monotony.

PYRAMID WORKOUTS

You can do this with any exercise. The object is to slowly build up to a goal, then build back down to the beginning of the workout. For instance, pullups, situps, pushups and dips can be alternated as in the above workouts, but this time choose a number to be your goal and build up to that number. Each number counts as a set. Work your way up and down the pyramid. For example, say your goal is "5".

# Of REPETITIONS

PULLUPS: 1,2,3,4,5,4,3,2,1

PUSHUPS: 2,4,6,8,10,8,6,4,2 (2x #pullups)

SITUPS: 3,6,9,12,15,12,9,6,3 (3x #pullups)

DIPS: same as pushups

STRETCH PT

Since Mon/Wed/Fri are devoted to PT. it is wise to devote at least 20 minutes on Tue/Thu/Sat to stretching. You should always stretch for at least 15 minutes before any workout; however, just stretching the previously worked muscles will make you more flexible and less likely to get injured. A good way to start stretching is to start at the top and go to the bottom. Stretch to tightness, not to pain; hold for 10-15 seconds. DO NOT BOUNCE. Stretch every muscle in your body from the neck to the calves, concentrating on your thighs, hamstrings, chest, back and shoulders.

NUTRITION

Proper nutrition is extremely important now and especially when you arrive at BUD/S. You must make sure you receive the necessary nutrients to obtain maximum performance output during exercise and to promote muscle/tissue growth and repair. The proper diet provides all the nutrients for the body's needs and supplies energy for exercise. It also promote growth and repair of tissue and regulates the body processes. The best source of energy for the BUD/S student is carbohydrates. The best source of complex carbohydrates are potatoes, pasta, rice, fruits, and vegetables. These types of foods are your best sources of energy.

Carbohydrates, protein, and fat are the three energy nutrients. All three can provide energy, but carbohydrate is the preferred source of energy for physical activity. It takes at least 20 hours after exhaustive exercise to completely restore muscle energy, provided 600 grams of carbohydrates are consumed per day. During successive days of heavy training, like you will experience at BUD/s, energy stores prior to each training session become progressively lower. This is a situation in which a high carbohydrate diet can help maintain your energy.

The majority of carbohydrates should come from complex carbohydrate foods that include bread, crackers, cereal, beans, peas, starchy vegetables, and other whole grain or enriched grain products. Fruits are also loaded with carbohydrates. During training, more than four servings of these food groups should be consumed daily.

Water is the most important nutrient you can put in your body. You should be consuming up to four quarts of water daily. It is very easy to become dehydrated at BUD/S, so it is extremely important to hydrate yourself. Drink water before you get thirsty!!! Substances such as alcohol, caffeine, and tobacco increase your body's need for water, so, if you are going to drink, do so in moderation! Too much of these substances will definitely harm your body and hinder your performance. Supplemental intake of vitamins, as well, has not been proven to be beneficial. If you are eating a well balanced diet, there is no need to take vitamins.

TRAINING TABLE CONCEPT

NUTRIENT INTAKE

Carbohydrates 50-70% of calories

Protein 10-15% of calories

Fats 20-30% of calories

You want to reduce cholesterol intake, found in animal fats and even fish. You need at least 3500-4000 calories per day.

REQUIREMENTS

Physical/Mental:

1. Pass a diving physical exam

2. Eye sight cannot be worse than 20/40 in one eye and 20/70 in the other eye and must be correctable to 20/20 with no color blindness

3. Minimum ASVAB score: VE+AR=104, MC=50

4. Must be 28 years old or less

5. Only men are eligible. (Demi Moore need not apply)

You Must Be Able To Pass This Physical Screening Test:

1. 500 yard swim using breast and/or side stroke in 12:30

Ten minute rest

2. Perform minimum of 42 pushups in 2 minutes

Two minute rest

3. Perform minimum of 50 situps in 2 minutes

Two minute rest

4. Perform at least 6 pullups, no time limit

No time limit

5. Run 1.5 miles wearing boots and pants in 11:30

*As a reminder, there are no maximums on these physical tests. Prospective trainee should provide the best scores possible, i.e., give his best effort

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:13:14 AM EDT
In addition to the meth I would recommend push aways (from the effing table). I try for three of these a day. I then ride an eliptical machine while I watch FOX news.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:15:17 AM EDT
eat until you explode then all of that fat will be laying on the ground! simple really...
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:17:35 AM EDT
What ever happened to the "Heroin Chic" look?

I have heard of a Leper's Diet. It's not a diet actually, but rather you dab some goo from a leprosy soar on the area you want to melt away. Great for getting rid of those hard to lose areas!
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:17:55 AM EDT
Diet and excercise are easier said than done.

I get plenty of excercise but manage to replace all the calories. This mainly happens when I am tired, there is junk around, or I have been drinking. Typically, all three.

The places to break the habit are at the grocery store, when you pour the first drink, and before you turn on the televison.

Now if I could only follow my on advice.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:17:58 AM EDT
note on calories:
Protien: 4 cal/ gram
Carbs: 4 cal/ gram
Fat: 9 cal/ gram
Alcohol: 7 cal/gram (metabolizes only to fat, DO NOT DRINK if you're seriously trying to lose fat)
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:51:59 AM EDT
I was around 210 and started excercising on a rowing machine...about 20 min. a day and 3 times a week at a good pace with some variety. My pace is about 700 calories per hour, so it works out to 200+ calories. There are residual benefits of increasing the metabolism that magnify the benefits of excercise. Just cracking through 200 now after about 2 months. I try to mostly drink water with meals and skip bread and potatoes most of the time. I could do a good job keeping weight off with just watching what I ate but had no luck losing weight without excercise.

Spot reducing is a myth. Fat around the middle is very hard to lose for some.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:54:44 AM EDT
Know what I'd like to see? A specific list of 2-weeks worth of every meal I should eat.

I lost alot of weight 2 years ago. I went from 184 to 153 by doing nothing more than consuming 1200 calories a day. No excersize. I weighed myself this morning, and I'm at 200 (5'11"). It was just too difficult to maintain that low of a caloric intake, and it was a huge pain in the ass calculating the caloric content of everything that entered my mouth.

I need to get my ass down to 155 again, which is what I weighed in HS.

I think I've found a GREAT program when it comes to excersise. What I don't have is a sensile diet. To be honest, I have no idea how to eat properly. I just eat whatever I'm on the mood for. All I ask is this:

Where can I find a list of 2 weeks (or more) worth of meals? I want portion sizes, everything. If I sit down myself and try to calculate protein/carb/fat percentages on my own, I'm going to fail miserably. I don't want "guidelines", I want a specific list. I'll supply the discipline.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:25:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/24/2005 10:38:40 AM EDT by Fenian]
I've had a weight problem most of my adult life...beer played a fairly prominent role in that hehe. It was hard to maintain my boying figure when I was drinking 100 beers a week.

At one point, I went to someplace called the Diet Center, and ended up losing 35lbs in 7 weeks, and ate more food than I though possible. Basically, it's a low carb diet. No bread, no pasta, NO SUGAR AND NO ALCOHOL. That was the hard part for me, but I did it. No sugar wasn't a problem, I'd already switched to Diet Coke at that point.

I ate a lot of salads w/ no fat dressing, tons of tuna, broiled fish fillets, hard boiled eggs, skinless chicken breast, steak, chops, etc, and lots of fruits and vegetables. The hard part was going to the store and getting all the stuff to keep around, so that when I got hungry, I could eat an apple or a chicken breast, and NOT junk.

I would make a huge salad in a big pot, and keep it in the fridge in cold water...a resaurant trick. Lettuce will keep for DAYS like that, just keep cukes and stuff like that in plastic container, and dump 'em in when you're dishing out the rest of the salad stuff. Another hard part was drinking the 8 glasses of water a day lol...I STILL have trouble doing that. The interesting thing was I was not allowed to START any new exercise program...but I could continue whatever I was doing when started the diet.

I was astounded at how much I could eat and still lose weight. I had 3 big meals a day, and was never really hungry. My BP went down to some ridiculous number...like 95 over 60, where it had been about 30 points higher when I started. Now, I was about 30 when I did this...several of the people I joined with were my age now (53), and their weight loss was slower, but the did lose as much as I did, it only took longer. My energy level increased dramatically too while all this was going on.

There was no weird shit to buy, and there was always something I could find to eat even if I went out to a restaurant with friends...like STEAK and salad. I dind't have to weigh my portions or anything like that.
The only restriction was no food/drink after 8:00pm, and to *try* and get 8 hours of sleep a night.

On a typical day, I would have 2 hard boiled eggs for breakfast, a couple of sausage links (the low fat kind lol), and an apple or grapefruit, and 2 pieces of this carboard substance called Wasa Bread. Sometimes I'd put the Wasa Bread off 'til lunch...it really was like eating sawdust lol.

For lunch, a monster salad with a can of tuna in water mixed in, or maybe a couple of boneless chicken breasts I'd cooked the night before, and an apple and a grapefruit.

I could eat a 16oz steak for dinner with some frozen green beans, a HUGE salad, and a grapefruit for dessert...and still be 1/2lb lighter the next day.

The "lose weight" diet was a little stricter than the "mantainance" diet, but really, it wasn't that hard to do once I got into the habit of going to the grocery store.

The key is recognizing *why* you get hungry...it's because your blood sugar goes down. When that happens, you crave sweets and starches to raise it...so you reach for crap, usually. Eat an apple or a grapefruit and/or a protein food instead and you'll kick your blood sugar back up, w/o the damage the carbs and sugar do to the weight loss process.

It's easier to eat the junkfood, especially if you're like me and don't shop.

I've ballooned up in the last 5 years...I'm a lot more sedentary, I'm drinking more beer, and eating crap because I HATE to grocery shop these days. I know that if I go back to doing this, I can lose weight...I just have to get off my lazy ass and do it.

Take this fwiw, but this is my experiecne with all this.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:32:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/24/2005 10:32:51 AM EDT by WildBoar]
BEst way?

Ride the Snake with

Jimmy Tangos Fat Busters
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:41:05 AM EDT
You need to cut back on calories and increase your excercise.
For calories, high protein, low fat, moderate carbs.
Consider a thermogenic, such as Redline capsules. If you still eat a Big Mac for a lunch, then this will not help. If you are doing the things you need to do, this will add to your efforts.
Body building is fine, but it's not going to help your abdomen. You need to walk, jog, or run. Swimming and riding a bike also count. Three times a week, no matter what, 30 minutes.

When I follow my own advice, the pounds melt off. When I don't, they don't.
I wouldn't bother will any ab machines or diet bullshit you see on TV.

Crunches are a good exercise, but you might have a six pack under your layer of abdominal fat right now and no one could tell. You need to remove the fat, #1 priority.

Good luck, and go do something today. I'm going to the gym this afternoon and you can can do something too.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:48:04 AM EDT

Where can I find a list of 2 weeks (or more) worth of meals? I want portion sizes, everything. If I sit down myself and try to calculate protein/carb/fat percentages on my own, I'm going to fail miserably. I don't want "guidelines", I want a specific list. I'll supply the discipline.

The reason I think I succeeded doing what I did was that the ONLY thing it required was going to the grocery store and buying healthy food. No "eat this at 3:01:25 am on Tuesdays" silliness, no calculating anything, no weighing anything, no worrying about portion sizes, just avoid certain foods, sugar, and alcohol.

If you try the same thing, I can guarantee you to lose weight, and not set yourself up for failure by having unrealistic requirements for portion size, etc. Just a thought.

This thread has convinced my to make an attempt to get back into eating right. To be honest, I feel like shit physically these days. I'm too fat...213 today.

Plain and simple, I need to do something about it. I actually did go to the grocery store yesterday, so I at least have some apples and some slicked roast beef to have for lunch today, and a ham steak for dinner.

Well...we'll see how this goes! Wish me luck. I'm gonna set a goal of cracking 200 by Sept. 15th...I think that's doable.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:58:11 AM EDT

diet and exercise.
it will take a while - but it will work
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:05:02 AM EDT
1. Avoid dinners for four unless there are three other people with you.

2. Pushaways (push away from table)

3. Ride a bicycle more. If your distances/time/local topography allow, use a bike for errands like getting the paper, mailing a letter, etc.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:27:52 AM EDT
Great thread guys, not as great as the sweater puppies thread, but that thread does have some bearing here, it should motivate us all to get into some sort of shape.

Originally Posted By DSVET91:
Here's the best way....

Eat less, EXCERCISE, eat less,EXCERCISE repeat often to you can get the results you want.

I started 13 weeks ago and have lost 40 lbs so far (I was 290 @ 5'11', a big fat lard ass), still have along way to go as I want to get down to 200 lbs.

Started out walking 30 minutes a day and I am up to 4 miles running at a 12 minute mile right now. I do this 2 days aweek and the other 3 days I weight train and then run 2 miles. And this is from someone who would get out of breath walking from the couch to the fridge.

I cut out all soda, fast food, as well as junk food. Instead of eating till I was stuffed I eat just one plate of portians now. I actually eat 5-6 times a day now, but its small meals (200-400 calories each). Also drink lots of water, this is one the most important things you have to do.

I feel better now than I have in years and am started to look less like 300 lbs of chewed bubblegum and more like I looked when I got out of the Army. Feels good to here people tell yopu how much better you look.

The first two weeks are the hardest, after that it gets easier, now I look forward to my excercise everyday. Good Luck to you on losing your unwanted weight.

Dude, I feel the same way, I wish I had the body I had when I got out of the Marines, actually, it's still there, but very well camoflauged.

Top Top