Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/18/2015 8:50:25 PM EDT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q7C6OCpmiY

John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:17:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I stopped at the Catholics are not Christians on  the opening screen.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:49:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I said this in the "canon of scripture" thread so it's only fair I say it here too, word for word.

"Have we not had enough cath vs prot crap as of late? How does this bring any glory to God?

Here's how it will go:
Caths or prots will post up a controversial issue between the two and then they will argue about it. The same issues have been argued over for hundreds of years. Nobody's mind will be changed and the nonbelievers that read these posts are just justified in their unbelief. We don't look any different than the rest of the world."

I mean no offense to anyone, but we really need to pay attention on how unbelievers will perceive the way we have discussions.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:50:17 AM EDT
[#3]
I said this in the "canon of scripture" thread so it's only fair I say it here too, word for word.

"Have we not had enough cath vs prot crap as of late? How does this bring any glory to God?

Here's how it will go:
Caths or prots will post up a controversial issue between the two and then they will argue about it. The same issues have been argued over for hundreds of years. Nobody's mind will be changed and the nonbelievers that read these posts are just justified in their unbelief. We don't look any different than the rest of the world."

I mean no offense to anyone, but we really need to pay attention on how unbelievers will perceive the way we have discussions.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:34:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't think it is Catholic vs Protestant so much as we are posting our faith & other items for other Catholics. It then, sometimes, turns into a discussion / debate. I for one don't mind it. But, I will continue to post of my Faith. Fair enough?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:24:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't think it is Catholic vs Protestant so much as we are posting our faith & other items for other Catholics. It then, sometimes, turns into a discussion / debate. I for one don't mind it. But, I will continue to post of my Faith. Fair enough?
View Quote

There's a difference between posting of ones faith vs posting of ones faith while claiming how the other side is wrong and misguided. You are certainly free to do as you wish, but I don't want to have to answer for having pushed people away from Christ.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:28:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

There's a difference between posting of ones faith vs posting of ones faith while claiming how the other side is wrong and misguided. You are certainly free to do as you wish, but I don't want to have to answer for having pushed people away from Christ.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Could you please quote? Who has pushed people away from Christ?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:59:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't have an exact quote. What I'm talking about it is unbelievers coming into this forum, maybe for answers or maybe just to have evidence to back up their unbelief. I would rather answer questions than back up people's unbelief, which I'm sure you want as well. Now, do we look any different to the world when we fight like republicans and democrats? I would say "no" and I would look no further into something that looks just as worldly as our current political system.

I'll admit that I use to get into these discussions and they would get heated and the thread would end up getting locked. I don't mind being in the discussions as long as they stay respectful. As of the past few months I have stepped back and looked at how the world would perceive these discussions that get heated and the hatred seems to flow(from both sides). I just think we, as Christians, should hold ourselves to a higher standard than the world. We are suppose to be the salt and light of the world.
Just my .02, but to each their own.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:03:43 PM EDT
[#8]
We have to stop imploding on ourselves. There is evil out there attacking all CHRISTIANS.

We have Muslims radicals who don't care what denomination you profess.. they are equal opportunity haters. People are being martyred for their faith and if you think that isn;t

going to happen here better think again. We are on the cusp.

This man in the video is perpetrating evil.  I am willing to die for the name of Christ. I would die for his right to believe. Sorry if that offends Ol Tony. Last time I checked he not going to judge me in the end.

God will.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top