Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2002 5:30:06 AM EDT
Does anyone know if each teams progress so far counts for anything? Or does one final mission overide everything?

M4-AK

Other comments invited
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 5:35:10 AM EDT
[#1]
As I understand it, it's down to single elimination.  Their progress so far counts in that the winning teams have a 33% manpower advantage over the losing teams. An extra one or two shooters to help eliminate Shadow squad could mean the difference between advancement and elimination.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 5:36:54 AM EDT
[#2]
From the CM website: [url]http://www.usanetwork.com/series/combatmissions/[/url]

Excerpts:

3) CROWNING A WINNER
The Combat Missions tournament consists of four rounds, and will ultimately crown one man the Combat Missions Champion, the "Best of the Best." The four rounds unfold over 15 episodes (a.k.a. "Evolutions") as follows:

ROUND ONE (Evolutions 1-6): Losing teams must discharge a member, through a non-anonymous voting ballot. If teams decide not to vote out one of their members, all squad members must draw swords and let fate decide which team member must leave. The remaining team members then proceed to the Dossier Room to pick a replacement for their fallen comrade and potentially improve their squad.

ROUND TWO (Evolutions 7-10): Losing teams must discharge a member with NO replacement, and must play the rest of the tournament shorthanded.

ROUND THREE (Evolutions 11-13): Team elimination. Teams are seeded based on their win-loss record, and losing teams are discharged. A Combat Missions Team Champion is crowned, and all of that squad's remaining members evenly split a winning team pot of $150,000.

ROUND FOUR (Evolutions 14-15): In Evolution 14, the championship team is split up into two separate teams which compete against one another. The winning team advances to the 15th and final evolution, in which the remaining men compete until one man stands alone. The winner of the individual competition will be crowned Combat Missions Champion and receive the grand prize of $250,000.

Mike

Link Posted: 3/27/2002 11:36:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
From the CM website: [url]http://www.usanetwork.com/series/combatmissions/[/url]

the remaining men compete until one man stands alone. The winner of the individual competition will be crowned Combat Missions Champion and receive the grand prize of $250,000.
View Quote

If Halvenstorm(?) is the sole winner, it'll be worse than when Richard Hatch won Survivor.  You only keep watching hoping the guy will get beat and then get pissed when he ends up winning.

Last weeks episode was funny when Halvenstorm kept talking about how people who are arrogant and overconfident are the ones who end up losing in the end.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 2:29:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Excerpts:

ROUND THREE (Evolutions 11-13): Team elimination. Teams are seeded based on their win-loss record, and losing teams are discharged.
Mike

View Quote

Yeah, but what does seeded mean? How do all the points, and all the wins amount to all that much if one loss and you're out?

M4-AK
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 2:32:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

If Halvenstorm(?) is the sole winner, it'll be worse than when Richard Hatch won Survivor.  You only keep watching hoping the guy will get beat and then get pissed when he ends up winning.

View Quote

Yeah, but isn't that how Wrasslin, and Nascar work? You keep hoping the bad guy, or bumpem driver get's his so you continue to watch. It's an age old formula.

M4-AK
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 8:47:42 PM EDT
[#6]
So how many of you guys watched it? Bravo team is a damn good team. I think this was the funniest episode ever! For various reasons... hehehe!
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 1:08:18 AM EDT
[#7]
yep, effin hilarious.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 1:15:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Yeah, but what does seeded mean? How do all the points, and all the wins amount to all that much if one loss and you're out?
M4-AK
View Quote

The seeding means that the first place team goes against the fourth place team, and the second against the third.  Since Bravo had the best record, they get to go against Charlie, the team with the worst record.  So they get the "easiest" matchup, versus having to go up against second place Delta.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 2:45:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 2:54:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Watched last night and John Potter's comments about about Charlie have come to past, they needed more smarts. You'd think after losing every mission (with proper review of their losses) they would have taken in to account the shows proclivity for stocking shadow squad with members who resemble each other. They witness the truck drive up, and SS leader jump out, barking orders, but because they had already started on their attack, with a single minded stupidity (the same which cost them the last mission) they allow their primary objective to exit the scene, ala Carl Lewis, without a second thought that he was the real boss.

While they lacked the smarts, I'll say one thing for 'em, they definatly had a sense of humor, LMAO at the discharge antics.

Bravo for Bravo as they could go all the way, although I like Delta squad to be the final team.

My take on last night,
Mike
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 5:23:26 AM EDT
[#11]
A GREAT EPISODE.
Honor and a priveledge.... it broke me up...rolling in the floor laughing and choking.

Great mission last nite. Again poor Charlie. No smarts. At the end, they showed all the team guys they voted off. Their fatal flaw in my opinion was when they voted Bugarin team leader in the first place. They had skilled guys, but by the time (cover his butt Bugarin) had been let go, the cohesion and better choices for team leaders were gone. It was a team of individuals.

Bravo, now that's a team. Team, team team. I'll say it again, they function as a team.

Yep those prophetic words of the guy they let go weeks ago. He said, mark my words: It's not about best strength, it's about smarts.

M4-AK
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 5:38:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Charlie just can't think on their feet. They go with a plan and stick to it, come hell or high water.

And WTF was that Charlie guy doing on the ridge not checking the area? He was so focused on the meth lab he blew Charlies cover!

Av.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 5:58:43 AM EDT
[#13]
I think Charlie's team leader is a dipshit.  He and Halverston(spelling?) are always talking trash about each other, but in the end it's always him who leads his team to defeat.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top