Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2008 4:32:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/18/2008 4:47:16 AM EDT by sporter]
I am pulling for Bisping and Jardine.  

Link Posted: 10/18/2008 4:55:24 AM EDT
got ta go with the Truth Vera and The Dean.Vera is a Virginian.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 4:56:34 AM EDT
I like Bisping but I hope Leben wins and Jardine wins. For some reason I don't like Vera very much.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 4:58:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/18/2008 4:58:52 AM EDT by ZitiForBreakfast]
Leben is VERY heavy handed, I am a big fan of his.

Bisping, meh...he was given a free win when he 'beat' Hamil.

I hope Bisping is left KTFO'd.

Vera is a very good fighter. I don't get that whole saluting while you watch me creep thing...
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 5:02:33 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ZitiForBreakfast:

Vera is a very good fighter. I don't get that whole saluting while you watch me creep thing...

I think it's his American Indian heritage he's playing, think scouting.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 5:04:49 AM EDT

Originally Posted By GrIlLa:

Then he should put his ear to the ground or do that hig leg dance thing...what he does now looks like a retard in a TLC video.

I do like him, tho.

By brother is an Ad Exec for MTV Networks, who owns like all of TV and Spike, he goes to all of these things and hangs with Dana White and others...hits the parties after and wines and dines the sponsor execs prior to.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 5:16:44 AM EDT
I'm pulling for Leben and Vera.

IMHO, Vera is an excellent striker, and outclasses Jardine. While Jardine shows excellence at times; he isn't consistent.

Vera did hold his own against Tim Sylvia, the former heavyweight champ.

For Leben, he's a much more exciting fighter than Bisping. I really don't like Bisping, and yes, he got his ass handed to him by Matt Hamil.

Link Posted: 10/18/2008 5:37:37 AM EDT
Im hoping Bisping wins tonight.   He's da man!!!
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 5:43:27 AM EDT
I'm rooting for Leben and Jardine.  I just don't like Vera or Bisping a whole lot.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 5:46:44 AM EDT

Pffttt... LEBEN sucks. He is highly over-rated.

Bisping is the real deal, a much more rounded fighter.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 5:48:33 AM EDT
Unless the fight is a 4-way brawl, your poll is broken...

BISPING will beat Leben

VERA will beat Jardine.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 5:51:17 AM EDT
Bisping will rape Chris Leben.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 5:54:37 AM EDT

+1

Leben is extra strength crazy.

Jardine in the second fight.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 5:54:43 AM EDT

By who?

He is getting in the same octagon and your man Bisping.

Dont get surprised if things don't work out in his favor. He isn't in his homtown getting free passes tonight.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 7:56:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/18/2008 7:57:33 AM EDT by corwin1968]
I watched the first four UFC's live on Pay-Per-View back in the 90's but then lost interest until a couple of weeks ago when Spike showed the entire first season of The Ultimate Fighter and now I'm hooked!  

I primarily follow the fortunes of the guys from that first season but I'm slowly becoming familiar with other fighters.  Of course, Leben was on that first season and he's impressed me with how much he's grown as a person since then.  I know nothing about Bisping but after watching the UFC preview, I think it could go either way although if I had to wager $$$$ I'd probably put a small amount on Bisping.

Link Posted: 10/18/2008 8:00:42 AM EDT
I'm thinking Bisping will take Leben.  Could be close, though.

I'm not a fan of Vera at all.  I'd like to see Jardine school him with his own kicking game.  Then again, Jardine has shown the ability to fail spectacularly.

I'm not overly impressed with this card.  Good thing the fights are free.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 1:52:09 PM EDT
I didn't realize the U.S. broadcast would be recorded but I guess it makes sense since they are in the U.K.   The fights are over and here's a play-by-play for anyone who won't get to watch the fights and who wants to know who won:

MAJOR SPOILERS.  THESE ARE ACTUAL RESULTS OF UFC 89

UFC 89 Play-by-Play
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 2:01:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/18/2008 2:04:46 PM EDT by codyXdeath]

Originally Posted By PUBBOY:

Bisping is the real deal?  Look at his record.  His only decent opponent was Rashad Evans, who is overrated himself.. and he LOST.

Bisping is a joke.  He may take Leben, but Leben ain't exactly a great opponent either.  

I'm pulling for Leben and Vera.  Jardine is a toolbag, too.

ETA:  Not sure if anyone has seen Leben lately, but he has been taking this fight seriously.  He looks better than he EVER has.  Hopefully it'll work out for him.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 2:04:07 PM EDT
I think Jardine and Leben are going to win. I expect the Leben fight will be good, I like Bisping but I just don't think he's got the chops yet.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 2:08:17 PM EDT
I really hate Leben....I think he is a joke and remember when he cried like a little bitch on the Ultimate Fighter.   Also his pink red or whatever hair the full of GAY
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 2:19:00 PM EDT

Originally Posted By CPtango:
I really hate Leben....I think he is a joke and remember when he cried like a little bitch on the Ultimate Fighter.   Also his pink red or whatever hair the full of GAY

My thoughts exactly.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 6:46:08 PM EDT
Jardine/Vera fight is about to start...
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 7:39:08 PM EDT

Originally Posted By PBIR:
Jardine/Vera fight is about to start...

It started and it is good.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 8:08:06 PM EDT

Originally Posted By codyXdeath:

Originally Posted By PUBBOY:

Bisping is the real deal?  Look at his record.  His only decent opponent was Rashad Evans, who is overrated himself.. and he LOST.

Bisping is a joke.  He may take Leben, but Leben ain't exactly a great opponent either.  

I'm pulling for Leben and Vera.  Jardine is a toolbag, too.

ETA:  Not sure if anyone has seen Leben lately, but he has been taking this fight seriously.  He looks better than he EVER has.  Hopefully it'll work out for him.

The guy is undefeated and nobody considers him a true contender at 205.  Like everyone else, I'm no Rashad Evans fan, but he certainly isn't "overrated."
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 8:10:29 PM EDT
Well, there goes another 'win' for bisping in his home country.  That guy could run around screaming "help me, mommy" for 3 rounds and still win a decision.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 8:11:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By echofivekilo:
Well, there goes another 'win' for bisping in his home country.  That guy could run around screaming "help me, mommy" for 3 rounds and still win a decision.

did you watch the fight?
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 8:12:05 PM EDT

he's 1/2 Filipino
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 8:14:26 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Lester_Burnham:

did you watch the fight?

yes, leben threw/landed more strikes and was the aggressor the entire time
it was bisping/hamill all over again
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 8:20:43 PM EDT
i was a little disappointed by the leben bisbing fight. leben was defiantly the aggressor but bisbing had his timing down.

the jardine fight was good. it could have had a little more action but im happy a fellow Montanan won.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 8:23:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By PBIR:
I like Bisping but I just don't think he's got the chops yet.

I like him too, but he does need a little more work.  Someone needs to break him of the habit of popping up real straight when he gets hit, I saw him do it 3-4 times.  He'd have a good stance with his hands up, take a shot, and pop his head up above his guard....bad, bad habit that I hope his trainer breaks him of before he gets KO'd for it.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 8:24:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/18/2008 8:25:09 PM EDT by Lester_Burnham]

did you watch the fight?

well, Hamill had some takedowns and ground control that I remember.  Tonight yeah Leben did move forward, but Bisping worked angles and counterpunched, I thought the decision was ok.  

ETA:  I like Chris Lytle a lot, but I didn't think he should have won.  
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 8:27:48 PM EDT

Originally Posted By codyXdeath:
Jardine is a toolbag, too.

lol, I thought he looked 60 years old in the fight.

Leben has come a long way, he seems like he's grown up a lot and takes it a lot more serious.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 8:28:19 PM EDT

did you watch the fight?

well, Hamill had some takedowns and ground control that I remember.  Tonight yeah Leben did move forward, but Bisping worked angles and counterpunched, I thought the decision was ok.  

I think Chris Lytle would agree with that.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 8:28:50 PM EDT

did you watch the fight?

i lost a lot of respect for bisping after he acted like the hamill fight was a legit win so maybe i'm a little biased.  but, i feel like there is no way they'll let england's hometown hero lose a decision in the UK.  kinda pisses me off like he gets special treatment.  did you see him stop the fight on his own and use the ref's shirt to wipe his eye? WTF?
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 8:33:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/18/2008 8:38:00 PM EDT by Lester_Burnham]

i lost a lot of respect for bisping after he acted like the hamill fight was a legit win so maybe i'm a little biased.  but, i feel like there is no way they'll let england's hometown hero lose a decision in the UK.  kinda pisses me off like he gets special treatment.  did you see him stop the fight on his own and use the ref's shirt to wipe his eye? WTF?

I understand, there's fighters that I could never be a fan of, no matter what.

The eye thing was definitely lame, I was surprised they let that go.  Big John McCarthy wouldn't have.  I got stuff in my eyes a lot of times, but there's no time outs, adapt and overcome lol.  I would just either squint or close my eye if it was real bad, and keep that hand up.  Try to keep a distance until it cleared.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 8:37:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/18/2008 8:40:25 PM EDT by Lester_Burnham]

Originally Posted By Bram:

I think Chris Lytle would agree with that.

I gave him round 1, I thought 2 was close but went to the other guy (sorry, tired and I don't remember his name) but he really faded in round 3.  I think that was the best boxing I've ever seen in an MMA fight though.  

I would have called it even or 29-28.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 8:38:10 PM EDT

The eye thing was definitely lame, I was surprised they let that go.  Big John McCarthy wouldn't have.  I got stuff in my eyes a lot of times, but there's no time outs, adapt and overcome lol.  I would just either squint or close my eye if it was real bad, and keep that hand up.

yeah, there's a lot of that lately

do you still fight?
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 8:42:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/18/2008 8:45:51 PM EDT by Lester_Burnham]

The eye thing was definitely lame, I was surprised they let that go.  Big John McCarthy wouldn't have.  I got stuff in my eyes a lot of times, but there's no time outs, adapt and overcome lol.  I would just either squint or close my eye if it was real bad, and keep that hand up.

do you still fight?

just with my wife, usually when I stay on here too late at night.  

not anymore, my last was 3 years ago.  June 11, 2005, the same day Mike Tyson quit on his stool against Kevin McBride.  I came up short too, but I used my bizarre logic to comfort myself since Tyson lost too.  Except I just got my ass kicked.  I trained until 1 year ago just kind of as a hobby.  I'm too competitive to do the "hobby" thing, it just wasn't the same.  I miss it a lot, but I think physically it's not a good idea that I go back to it.  I'm 35 now and banged up.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 8:45:28 PM EDT

do you still fight?

just with my wife, usually when I stay on here too late at night.  

not anymore, my last was 3 years ago, but I trained until 1 year ago just kind of as a hobby.  I'm too competitive to do the "hobby" thing, it just wasn't the same.  I miss it a lot, but I think physically it's not a good idea that I go back to it.  I'm 35 now and banged up.

lol, my roommate and i started getting into it but, the gym here closed

now i just sit on the couch and bitch about crap decisions by the judges!

Link Posted: 10/18/2008 8:50:13 PM EDT

Finding a good place to train is the biggest obstacle of anything.  But if you guys have a basement/garage/rec room, you can do the home training thing.  When I started with Pat Miletich in 1999, before the sport was big like it is now, all he had was some wrestling mats put down on the floor of a racquetball court that he rented at this fitness center.  That was the best time of my whole life.  Definitely if you want to train, I would recommend pursuing it.  Even if you have to travel a bit, or build up a home gym.  Mats are the biggest expense, but sometimes people can get mats from schools when they get new ones.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 8:55:10 PM EDT

Finding a good place to train is the biggest obstacle of anything.  But if you guys have a basement/garage/rec room, you can do the home training thing.  When I started with Pat Miletich in 1999, before the sport was big like it is now, all he had was some wrestling mats put down on the floor of a racquetball court that he rented at this fitness center.  That was the best time of my whole life.  Definitely if you want to train, I would recommend pursuing it.  Even if you have to travel a bit, or build up a home gym.  Mats are the biggest expense, but sometimes people can get mats from schools when they get new ones.

I may just have to do that. Thanks for the advice.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 9:22:25 PM EDT

I may just have to do that. Thanks for the advice.

No problem, let me know if you need any ideas in getting set up, I've done the "little to no budget home training" thing for a long time.  
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 10:04:50 PM EDT

Originally Posted By sporter:
I am pulling for Bisping and Jardine.  

+1
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 10:42:30 PM EDT

did you watch the fight?

Leben walked into so many punches his face looked like hamburger by the end.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 11:02:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/18/2008 11:03:50 PM EDT by SickMAK90]
I knew Jardine would take it against Vera. I hate Vera also. Not sure why I just never liked him.

I reallllly wanted Leben to win but in my heart I knew that dumbass Brit would beat him. I really dislike Bisping and I'm not sure why. He is overrated tho.

Hamill beat Bisping....Leben did not.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 11:48:18 PM EDT

Originally Posted By happycynic:

did you watch the fight?

Leben walked into so many punches his face looked like hamburger by the end.
Yeah he did lol. On another note though I hate guys who just back up the whole fight. It really makes for a boring fight. Machida is the same way. Liddell is a counter puncher but he really keeps it interesting.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 3:22:49 AM EDT
The Jardine/ Vera fight was boring.

Leben's face stopped many punches...I like Chris Leben, but this wasn't a repeat of the Hamil fight.

I still dont like Jardine....Vera has always been entertaining...but those two fights were very boring.

Leben is a good sport.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 4:09:40 AM EDT
Corn rows on a white guy???WTF

I thought his pink hair was bad but leben has some serious "issues"
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 4:20:02 AM EDT

he's 1/2 Filipino

Whatever it's supposed to be he looks like an idiot when he does it. I hope he grows out of it or finds a new dance.
Top Top