Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/13/2002 3:37:25 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 3:58:19 PM EDT
[#1]
My progam guide says the same...

series on all week good program...

Dit you watch Camo on modern marvles last nite?? Sorry but that program sold me on Marpat
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 4:08:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I saw both last night. They rerun the shows starting at 1 AM around here. I'm gonna go check out Philadelphia Experiment now. I saw the movies tho. So I want to see if stories of sailors embedded in the ship's hulls are true or not.
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 4:18:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Watching the Philly exp. right now. The sniper show last night wasn't too bad. I should have bought some blank VHS tapes and taped the series.

PONY_DRIVER
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 4:19:13 PM EDT
[#4]
yep, I'm sold on Marpat too.  I know there was a big brouhaha on here a few weeks ago about people that wear USMC marpats if they aren't USMC but now I don't care.

If I can get copies great, if all I can get is surplus, I'll wear 'em. They were good camo. I think they were WAY more effective than the norm, especially compared side by side like the camo show did.

crash.
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 4:44:11 PM EDT
[#5]
This GODDAMN Show. I spend more money watching this stuff. I now know what my next project is.

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SAAAAPkUrvPSUxw9kkM7zoffldlhFX!cL0fPJeLzetrwCxNK76QqkfCqOcXLWMdbDhtsLx3KQXCHxq7VAQ2kor16bfzoXl4Y3dBnpkvAHMrwb7MYAAIAAA/McMillan01.JPG?dc=4675396907691839135[/img]

Anyone else want one? I'm already gonna be doing one for me and one for my buddy.
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 7:02:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 7:09:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Did anyone else notice the way that one british sniper kept pulling the trigger with the middle of his trigger finger? I was told your suppose to squeze the trigger with the very tip of your trigger finger. Nice rifle though.
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 10:11:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 10:50:09 PM EDT
[#9]
[b]RERUNS RERUNS RERUNS!!!![/b]

Well anybody who missed any of them will be glad to know that they will be rerunning all 4 of them in a row on Sunday starting at 3pm EDT.

Set your VCR's [sniper]
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 5:32:40 AM EDT
[#10]
That was slick the way they drag their hand across the ejection port while working the bolt and catching the empty.
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 6:06:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Big Bear and Sparsky, if you were taught a "one way for everyone" method, your training was wrong.  For the best accuracy, you need to dry fire with your finger in many positions, looking for the spot with absolutely no movement.  That's your spot form then on.  One guy's way isn't always best for someone else.

If your "spot" happens to be the place wher eyour rifle doesn't move when dry firing, your trainer got lucky.
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 9:46:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Did anyone else notice the way that one british sniper kept pulling the trigger with the middle of his trigger finger? I was told your suppose to squeze the trigger with the very tip of your trigger finger. Nice rifle though.
View Quote

I hear this all the time, but it's an old technique.  With precision shooting, you want to pull the trigger straight back with as much consistency between shots as possible, so you use the 'V' notch in the first joint and move your finger as little as possible.  Using the pad of your finger makes it harder to attain the same finger/hand position and runs the risk of pulling slightly sideways, affecting shot placement.  The tip of your finger is very sensitive, but the triggers are super-light, 2-stages so getting a clean break does not depend on touch sensitivity.
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 10:01:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Did anyone else notice that the guys firing the .338 Lapua didn't even blink, round after round?  Now I don't flinch (anymore!!), but not even blinking is kind of tough.  Those are some big hitter rounds too.....wow...

Link Posted: 11/14/2002 3:24:40 PM EDT
[#14]
I dont understand why the brits put their rifle in a drag bag and drag it behind them during the stock and also use the standard field arm... I would think you would want your accuate rifle ready to go in case of opportunity carrying a standard arm is the spotters job...
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 3:38:01 PM EDT
[#15]
After Sniper,the history channel will be doing a story on the M-16!!!![:D]
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 3:48:27 PM EDT
[#16]
OregonShooter,

I saw that too, and it made me recall their comment on snipers prefering bolt action rifles for less motion of the action during firing, and control of when the cartridge extracts.

If it were my choice, I'd make a combined sniper rifle, along the lines of an M-14, with a dis-connectable gas system, so you can make shots without an op-rod moving or case extracting when you want, but carry it with the gas system activated otherwise, so you've got a semi-auto rifle to defend yourself.
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 4:00:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I dont understand why the brits put their rifle in a drag bag and drag it behind them during the stock and also use the standard field arm... I would think you would want your accuate rifle ready to go in case of opportunity carrying a standard arm is the spotters job...
View Quote

Because you are 2 guys in the middle of Indian Country. If you get spotted you need more than a bolt action to get yourself loose.  
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 4:10:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Good watch !  I have 160 channels and this is the only fun show  to watch ........[:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top