User Panel

Posted: 6/15/2001 6:43:03 AM EDT
How cane you resist this???
[img]http://www.compuserve.com/cp/gallery/movies/tombRaider/lg6.jpg[/img]

I can't.........

sgtar15
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 6:46:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I still think Alyssa Milano should've played the part of Lara Croft. She's got a better body than Angelina IMO
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 6:47:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Either one of them would work for me. [bounce]
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 6:47:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Must be the Taco Bell
version.
I don't see any guns.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 6:50:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Just for you Mr Weasel,

[img]http://www.compuserve.com/cp/gallery/movies/tombRaider/lg4.jpg[/img]

sgtar15
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 6:58:34 AM EDT
[#5]
I'd do some Tomb Raiding too if
there were HK USP 9mm high caps
strewn about.

Wouldn't touch .45s though.
HK provides the govt. with an expert witness
to help prosecute anyone caught trading those.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 7:35:08 AM EDT
[#6]
It may sound silly, but I wish they used that lady who is on the E! channel.  I think her name is Brooke Burk.  She seemed like the perfect personification of Laura Croft.  Just my opinion. [:)]
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 7:48:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Angelina does just fine. A have-to movie. Hot tamale.
The Grand Poo-ba
Mikie
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 7:51:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Good - That means you 14 year olds won't be jamming up the boards tonight.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 9:00:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Saw this dumb bitch at some kind of awards on TV being interviewed with her dumb-ass boy-friend.

Both stoned and bragging about how they had sex in the car on the way over to the show.

This was on national TV.

Real nice!!!!!

Stupid bitch makes me want to puke.

Probably an anti doing action movies to boot.

Link Posted: 6/15/2001 9:27:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Whats this movie rated?
drfcolt, easy big guy remember your on the world wide web

Link Posted: 6/15/2001 9:34:25 AM EDT
[#11]
DrfColt, that was her husband
BrenLover
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 9:49:17 AM EDT
[#12]
"BrenLover" !!!!!!

You gotta be kidding me.

She's just another drugged-out Hollywood piece of ****.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 9:58:01 AM EDT
[#13]
ahhh.... forget it.
I have no sympathy for anyone.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 10:01:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I still think Alyssa Milano should've played the part of Lara Croft. She's got a better body than Angelina IMO
View Quote

Yeah, if you can get past the chop job they did on her face.  Milano was much better looking before the nose/chin/cheek/mouth job that she received, along with the duck lip implants.  Why do the chicks in Hollywood do this?

As for Tomb-Raider, pahleese.  It's going to be soooo bad.  I love the review I just saw on tv not 15 minutes ago:

"I didn't know they made movies this dumb."
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 10:04:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Movie I was told sucked big time it was rated up the with the  Double dragon movie and all other movies that where spin offs of games. Only one that is good was Mortal Combat.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 10:09:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Good - That means you 14 year olds won't be jamming up the boards tonight.
View Quote
         I'm ashamed to say i'm 43 and addicted to the Tomb Raider games,and yes i'll be seeing the movie next week.[^] mmk
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 10:10:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Since someone else spilled the beans,
I have had a sudden change of heart and give you...
[url]http://www.rottentomatoes.com/movie-1105256/[/url]
Not that it takes a pro critic to tell any of you that his one was gonna STINK.

Here's one of my favorites:

"Characters say things like, 'My bum's fallen asleep,' and 'How much longer?' My thoughts exactly."
-- Dave White, IFILM

But Ebert liked it.

Link Posted: 6/15/2001 12:20:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Tomb Raiders...I can't wait to see it!  I want to see it, now! I want to experience it!  I want to get totally engrossed by it!  I could just taste it!   BUT, I'm not going to any movie theater with whispering people, crowds of other people, sticky floors, and so-so food.  I'd rather see any movie at home.  So, I'm going to have to wait for the DVD to come out so I can watch the movie in my home entertainment system while I have jumbo shrimp, thick marinated steaks, baby back ribs, and corn on the cob cooking on the BBQ rack!  Yeah!  Can't forget the cold ones and coleslaw!  Darn, I getting hungry.  [:P]

Whoa, better not forget the new lady...nah, maybe next time!  Don't want to hear about her hobby on antiques while I "zone-out" on Tomb Raiders.   [:)]

[b]-RoadDog[/b]
 [img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/Gif/scooby1.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 1:59:18 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm with you RoadDog, I just got a new 65" widescreen hdtv and dolby digital receiver, and I've been into DVD for a while. Who needs theaters with a setup like that.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 2:11:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Just saw Tomb Raider.Cool movie,not a "must see" but still,very cool.I assume you all know the story line (time control artifact,like the games,sorta)so I'll go strait to the action.The beginning starts with Lara gunning down a robot with a pair of tricked out looking HK USP Tacticals.She reloads them as well,in a very cool way I might add.Best sction scenes would be the mansion gunfight,where a bunch of cool looking military guys bust in,using HK G36Ks.All the badguys in the film use the G36ks.Lara kills em using kung-fu skillz and a Steyr TMP.The badguys reload.Whoa.Next fight scene is cool,it's in the jungles of cambodia,and the "badguys" (opposing research team,wanting to use artifacts power for evil purposes) all are wearing tiger stripe jungle BDUs,and are again,carrying G36ks,without suppressors this time.The baddies and Lara end up fighting side by side as the temple awakens,and the stone dudes start attacking.Most of the soldiers get wasted,and it comes down to Lara killing this HUGE statue.With her USPs I might add.I'm guessing her USPs are chambered in the .45cal version,or something even bigger (? they dont make em bigger!) because her USPs pretty much blow the shit outta EVERYTHING she shoots at with them.Explosive tipped?  
The ending is "ok" as with the rest of the film.Angelina is HOT in this film,and within TEN minutes of the film beginning,we get to see a gratuitist SHOWER SCENE!!!
I said "boo-yah" and my girl told me to shut up.
She liked it more then I did (and I love the game series) but she did not like how the movie did not go in depth enough on how she began "raiding tombs" or some crap.Eh.It's a cool movie,I enjoyed it,and no matter what I say you will still see it.I ain't stoppin ya!
Have fun.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 2:18:42 PM EDT
[#21]
looks kinda like another mortal combat type movie...
if so, what a dud.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 2:30:49 PM EDT
[#22]
I saw it today and though it wasn't the steaming pile of Bantha Fodder that Pearl Harbor was, it PALES in comparison to Indiana Jones or The Mummy Returns. At best it's a cheap matinee flick if your bored. All the HKs in the world can't support dreary dialog or an uninteresting plot. And though Jolie is never boring to look at, her "performance" is.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 2:40:58 PM EDT
[#23]
U2 did music for the movie.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 2:47:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Those are H&K Matches, not tacticals.

Garden Weasel,
Were did you get that information about H&K and the expert witness?

Link Posted: 6/15/2001 5:10:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
It may sound silly, but I wish they used that lady who is on the E! channel.  I think her name is Brooke Burk.  She seemed like the perfect personification of Laura Croft.  Just my opinion. [:)]
View Quote

Yessss!!! Brooke Burke! I remember when she was competing for Miss Ringsider during Fight Nite at the Forum!  Good lookin gal.

[heavy]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top