Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2005 6:48:17 PM EDT
WTF?  Talking to Victoria Taft (KPAM in Portland) about staking out the border with Canada.  He's pleased that the M-Men are not "gun nuts".  Fairly shitty way to describe a group named for people who had the stones to pick up arms when SHTF.  "Gun nuts"?  WTF is that?  Anybody from WA know what's up with this guy?
matthew
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 6:53:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Gun nuts is a phrase a lot of people use to describe anyone with an interest in firearms. I wouldn't freak out over it.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 6:54:36 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Gun nuts is a phrase a lot of people use to describe anyone with an interest in firearms. I wouldn't freak out over it.

So he's pleased that the Minutement have no interest in firearms?
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 6:57:37 PM EDT
[#3]
We'll see how pleased he is when a few MM get murdered by drug mules crossing the border and couldn't defend themselves.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 6:59:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So he's pleased that the Minutement have no interest in firearms?

I am referring to the use of the phrase gun nut.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 3:01:39 AM EDT
[#5]
If that what he thinks of "gun nuts", then maybe we should start telling the MM's we won't be volunteering for their them.  Why go where you're not wanted?
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 3:06:12 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
If that what he thinks of "gun nuts", then maybe we should start telling the MM's we won't be volunteering for their them.  Why go where you're not wanted?

A "gun nut" brings a certain amount of negative press to the organization, stereotypes it and detracts from the message the organization is trying to send and the image it is trying to portray. I can understand why he doesn't want the organization to be portrayed as being composed of guys  like that overweight  rambling guy  in grubby BDUs running around gun shows that inevitably is the one guy the press is drawn to when they cover the gun show.....you kbnow the type I mean.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 3:28:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 3:29:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Do you guys know anything about PR?  I have to agree with tc on this one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top