Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/30/2002 4:46:03 AM EDT
I found out yesterday that I will find out by this afternoon if I got the job as a switch technician with Verizon Wireless in Louisville, Kentucky.  

So I've been on pins and needles.  And nauseated.  ::wry grin::

From all indications, it is 99% sure that I got the job.  A three hour interview.  The hiring manager flat out told me I was his first choice.  The hiring manager called my manager and they spoke.  My manager said, "you'll be alright" and winked at me.  Etc, etc.  

But there's always that chance that I won't get it.  And that's DRIVING ME NUTS!!  If I didn't get it, it would almost be a relief at this point.  

If I do get it, I have to move the horses, goats, dogs, cats, my household and myself to Kentucky in 2 1/2 weeks.  I also have to finishing prepping my house and put it on the market.  Oh.. and sell my truck.  Nah...no pressure.  [rolleyes]

So if y'all could send me some good thoughts.... or some morphine... I'd be very appreciative.  

I have to work this afternoon so I can't even sit around and swill beer by the neighbor's pool while I wait.

Guess I'll get to work on the yard.  Right after I [puke]    
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 4:50:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Come on up to my spread, I will relax you.

Good luck Sarah!
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 4:54:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Morphine ain't worth a shit...you need some Demerol! [:)]
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 4:57:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 5:01:44 AM EDT
[#4]
i hope you get it, too. i'll even offer to help you move.  
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 5:03:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Good luck Sarah!
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 5:05:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Miss_Magnum

Good luck with the job.

When you accept it I'd like to the first to welcome you to Louisville. It's a nice medium sized city with some small town charm.

Here's a couple of links that you might be interested in.
Knob Creek shooting range.[url]http://www.machinegunshoot.com/[/url]
The local paper's home page, the Courier Journal.[url]http://www.courier-journal.com[/url]
The city's home page.[url]http://www.louky.org/[/url]
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 5:06:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If I do get it, I have to move the horses, goats, dogs, cats, my household and myself to Kentucky in 2 1/2 weeks.  I also have to finishing prepping my house and put it on the market.  Oh.. and sell my truck.  Nah...no pressure.  [rolleyes]
View Quote

Holy crap.  Good luck!
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 5:07:13 AM EDT
[#8]
good luck, nice 1000th post.
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 5:12:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The local paper's home page, the Courier Journal.[url]http://www.courier-journal.com
View Quote

That's pretty funny.... my uncle is Bert Emke.  He just retired as a senior editor for the Courier Journal... still does guest editorials from time to time.

Oh... and I'm taking him to Knob Creek in October, too.  [:D]
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 5:41:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Best of luck to you Sara!

Eric/Tyler
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 5:44:38 AM EDT
[#11]
That's was your lucky 1000'th post. The job is in the bag.....[:D]

Good Luck.....
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 5:59:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Good Luck, [b]Miss_Magnum![/b]

State trooper margaritas for everyone [s]if[/s] when you get the job!

Eric The(I'llEvenSayAPrayer)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 6:00:16 AM EDT
[#13]
You are the best, so why worry about the small stuff. You are doing the right thing by getting back close to your parent's. The Lord is smiling at your worry because he know's you are a winner.
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 3:03:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Oooookay... maybe today isn't the day.  [:(]

I called the hiring manager around 4pm because I hadn't heard from him and he said that his director had just left and that he was just taking a quick break from a training class but that he would try to work on it (said he had a few things to finish) later and would get back to me later this afternoon (it's almost 7pm) or tomorrow morning.

Do y'all think he would keep jerking my chain if I didn't have the job??  I would think he would tell me I didn't get the job instead of stringing me along day by excrutiating, agonizing, nerve-wracking day.... [:D]

Link Posted: 7/30/2002 3:27:18 PM EDT
[#15]
I had a dream and in it you were standing above the hiring manager and he was bowng down to you.

So I think you're going to get it.

[beer]
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 3:29:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Good luck!!!!

Best wishes!!! [:)]

Link Posted: 7/30/2002 3:31:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 3:32:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Miss, you'll get it, so I want to be the first to say (even though you ain't here yet)

WELCOME TO KENTUCKY

colt
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 3:45:11 PM EDT
[#19]
You'll be leaving VA?

Damn.

[>(]
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 3:50:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Good luck to you!!! [beer]
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 3:55:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Phew, I thought from the title Miss_Mag was getting married...

I guess that still means that there is a chance for a 300lb, filthy slob like myself. [;)]
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 3:55:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

God I hate that.  I just went through the same thing moving from Tennessee to Michigan.  (If you work in the Automotive field, you can't get far from mother Detroit) I finally asked my boss if they would offer me a severance package and as luck would have it they gave me six weeks pay.  The day I left TN for MI and while in transit the head hunter called and said I got the job in MI.  I collected two paychecks for five weeks.
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 4:05:44 PM EDT
[#23]
I wish you all the luck in the world, Miss_Magnum, but with the other thread, I thought "Today's the day..." meant [center][size=3][b][red]The SHTF![/center][/size=3][/b][/red]
Boy!  Am I glad I was wrong!

My 720 rounds of Ericthe(Righteous!)Ammoman's Swiss 5.6 ammo doesn't show up 'till Friday!
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 5:04:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I called the hiring manager around 4pm because I hadn't heard from him and he said that his director had just left and that he was just taking a quick break from a training class but that he would try to work on it (said he had a few things to finish) later and would get back to me later this afternoon (it's almost 7pm) or tomorrow morning.

Do y'all think he would keep jerking my chain if I didn't have the job??  I would think he would tell me I didn't get the job instead of stringing me along day by excrutiating, agonizing, nerve-wracking day.... [:D]

View Quote

This isn't 1999 anymore. They don't need to cater to your needs like they did a couple of years ago. Expect this new behavior to be the norm until the market again favors the worker.
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 5:21:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

It sounds like they are very busy, which is probably why they need to hire more help.  Calling back and asking about the position is a good thing because it shows that you are really interested.

The last job that I got I was told I would be contacted within a week.  A week later I called and was told they still needed to conduct more interviews but they would call me when they made their decision.  Two weeks after that I had given up hope on the postion when early one morning I got a call and was offered the position.

Hang in there, I'm sure you will get the position.
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 5:35:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Miis Magnum...good luck on getting the new job. Kentuckys gain will be our loss here in VA... Not to jinx you, NEVER but NEVER think your a shoe in for the job (this applys to everybody) no matter what your boss says. I can't count the number of times I've seen it go the other way, for whatever reason, especially with a large corporation. Anyway, good luck out in Ky
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 5:41:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
This isn't 1999 anymore. They don't need to cater to your needs like they did a couple of years ago. Expect this new behavior to be the norm until the market again favors the worker.
View Quote

That's the truth.  
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 3:50:31 AM EDT
[#28]
No matter of the outcome....Always keep up with that smile.

Best of luck.
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 3:55:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 4:36:27 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Squeaky wheel gets the grease...

Don't wait too long. A polite followup might show them you are motivated.

Link Posted: 7/31/2002 4:37:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 7:02:20 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 10:01:04 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

So, what kind of truck is it and how much do you want for that old, broken down thing? [:D]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 10:09:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Hey, y'all. check out MM's 'Moving to Kentucky' thread - [b]she got the job already![/b]

Eric The(GoodNewsDoesn'tAlwaysTravelFast)Hun[>]:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top