Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/3/2004 9:37:19 AM EST
Comes from a TEXAN!

www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/metropolitan/2827999

83-year-old woman arrested after allegedly wielding gun
Associated Press

WHITE SETTLEMENT - An 83-year-old woman was pushed to the ground by police and arrested after allegedly brandishing a handgun during a small-town parade.

Witnesses said the woman argued with parade-goers and threatened them.

``My mother and brother were screaming, 'She's got a gun,' `` Yvette Landwert of Fort Worth told KTVT-TV in Dallas. ``People were running behind buildings. There was panic for a little while.''

Landwert said she believes the woman, whose name was not released, was angry at parade watchers for sitting on a curb in front of her home.

The parade was halted, and police talked the woman out of surrendering the gun before an officer grabbed her, tripping her and pushing her to the grass. Another witness, Felipe Zamora, videotaped the incident.

Police said the woman was arrested on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon and would make an initial appearance before a judge Sunday.

``Anytime a person has a weapon, everyone's in danger,'' said White Settlement police spokesman John Clapp.

White Settlement is just west of Fort Worth.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 12:39:41 PM EST
I wonder if "a person" includes police?
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 12:41:11 PM EST

Originally Posted By A_Free_Man:
I wonder if "a person" includes police?

...or the United States Armed Forces...
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 12:45:05 PM EST
Well I guess that Mr Clap needs to have a few E-Mails....
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 12:46:44 PM EST

``Anytime a person has a weapon, everyone's in danger,'' said White Settlement police spokesman John Clapp.

I read that also in the Houston Commical this morning. Typical leftist drivel from an APPOINTED "spokesperson" for a shitty little police dept.

Notice the number of absolutes in his statement, "anytime" and "everyone."

Can someone find and email address for this idiot "spokesperson?"

CMOS
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 2:02:35 PM EST
wtf. they had to push an 83 year old woman to the ground?! if the cops could get that close to her did they need to knock her down? she already surrendered the gun.

ouch, my hip... call lawyer.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 2:03:48 PM EST
what a douche.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 2:52:06 PM EST
Asshat!
Top Top