Page / 2
Posted: 12/26/2003 7:27:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/26/2003 7:28:14 AM EDT by Airwolf]
Peace on Earth, Goodwill towards men… Yeah, whatever

www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-beat26.html

Man beaten in checkout line dispute

December 26, 2003

BY DAVE NEWBART Staff Reporter

Matthew Baures loves Christmas, but he learned the hard way that there is very little holiday cheer while waiting in line at a Wal-Mart on Christmas Eve.

The 22-year-old Berwyn man was pummeled with a baseball bat and beaten by as many as four people after a dispute over a place in line at a Forest Park Wal-Mart.

"I couldn't believe someone would actually do this on Christmas Eve,'' Baures said Thursday as he nursed a bruised eye and aching tailbone and ribs.

Forest Park police were looking for two to four male suspects in the incident. There had been no arrests by Thursday afternoon, but police "have some good leads,'' Sgt. Mike Keating said.

Baures, an unemployed Web designer, was last-minute shopping with his girlfriend and another friend at the Wal-Mart at 1300 Des Plaines Ave. about 6 p.m. Wednesday. They picked up some toy race cars, Batman figures and other gifts for his girlfriend's children, along with some household goods.

The checkout lines were "the longest I've ever seen at a store,'' Baures said. His girlfriend went to the car while he waited with their friend. There were so many people it was confusing exactly where the ends of the lines were, he said.

They got into one line, and a girl began yelling at them they had cut in front of her. Baures and his friend argued with her, but let the girl go in front of them. The girl proceeded to allow what appeared to be her mother and friends to cut in front as well, but neither Baures nor his friend objected.

At one point the girl began staring at his friend "like she was going to kill her,'' Baures recalled, and they asked the girl's mother to ask the girl to stop. That led to an even bigger argument.

At that point, Baures says, he loudly proclaimed, "It's Christmas Eve. I just want to go home.''

But as Baures and his friend left the store after about a half-hour in the checkout line, they passed the group of women, who were talking on cell phones. Then he realized they were being followed, and the group now included boys and men, including one who was carrying a baseball bat.

"This young kid comes up to me with a baseball bat, saying, 'What did you say to my sister?' '' Baures recalled. "He was holding the bat like he was going to hit me, so I grabbed the bat.''

Another man then punched him in the face, and he fell down. Several men began hitting, punching and kicking him in his face, ribs and back. His friend then jumped on top of him and said, "Please stop hitting.''

Then the men pummeled her.

"All I could think as I lay there on the ground was, 'I cannot believe this is happening on Christmas Eve.' '' Baures said. "It was over nothing. They went straight to violence.''

Although a crowd formed, no one came to their aid, Baures said. But someone did provide police with the license plate number of a light-colored Cadillac in which some of the men fled. Others left in a different car.

Baures said Wal-Mart security did little to either calm the situation in the store or break up the fight in the parking lot. No one answered the store's phone on Thursday.

Forest Park police, who arrived after the fight, said they didn't know how security responded, but said tempers flared in the stress of the holiday rush.

"I'm glad I got my shopping done early,'' Keating said.

Forest Park Mayor Anthony Calderone said, "It's sad that anyone would resort to that type of conduct, especially with the holiday, but any day of the year.''

Baures was treated by Forest Park paramedics and declined to go to the hospital because he has no health insurance. But he said he was in so much pain he slept through most of Christmas Day and decided not to visit his family.

"I feel bad it happened but at least I'm not dead,'' he said. "It didn't dampen my Christmas spirit. The only thing broken on me is my heart.''
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 7:34:39 AM EDT
What a nice Christmas story. [B)] I'm so suprised that this happened at a walmart. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 7:36:33 AM EDT
so why didnt he pull out his .45 ?
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 7:47:41 AM EDT
Yeah, it's all that evil Walmart's fault. Bet they were all driving SUV's too! Stuff like this would never happen at a small business that only sells American-made goods. Because "those" people are different than the traitorous, quick to anger and judge trash that shops at Walmart...
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 7:55:47 AM EDT
Was that bat a pre-ban?
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 7:59:20 AM EDT
Actually, Red_Label, you're more right than you know...
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 7:59:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/26/2003 8:00:43 AM EDT by einnor1040]
Originally Posted By peekay: so why didnt he pull out his .45 ?
View Quote
Exactly. He should have upped the anti on their christmas spirit and ventilated them.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 8:04:32 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Da_Bunny: Actually, Red_Label, you're more right than you know...
View Quote
Yeah, I know. This world is about "us" and "them". I am SO glad I am one of US. It feels SO good to sit here and be one of US. A lot of stupid crap goes on in the Walmart parking lot. A lot of stupid crap goes on in the rest of the world too. I'd bet a lot of stupid crap goes unnoticed and unseen as we look in the mirror too. Ahh... but I forgot. "We" don't do that sort of thing...
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 8:14:17 AM EDT
Wal-Marts SUCK! End of story.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 8:18:07 AM EDT
Feisty this morning...maybe we should all meet at WalMart and talk this out....
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 8:20:31 AM EDT
Rule #1: Never casually walk out of the store after such an incedent... If someone starts a fight to cut in line, then lets their 'pack' join them, and continues to behave in a hostile manner, don't leave the store untill they're gone... Speaking from personal experience with a certain mentality found among a certain class/age of people (white, black, or whatever)... Seen it several times (I used to work at RadioShack, being threatened by custolifters & their associates/relatives is one of the reasons I'm glad I no longer work there), fortunately never ended up physically harmed...
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 8:23:12 AM EDT
Originally Posted By einnor1040:
Originally Posted By peekay: so why didnt he pull out his .45 ?
View Quote
Exactly. He should have upped the anti on their christmas spirit and ventilated them.
View Quote
He lives in Illinois. No concealed carry. If there's guns around, someone might get hurt, mmkay?
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 8:47:50 AM EDT
Three years ago they built a Ghetto-mart at a shopping center 1/2 mile from a house. The influx of whitetrash from all over town makes it impossible to cross the street and go to the park. The typical ghetto-mart customer understands nothing about a "cross-walk". Ghetto-mart has done nothing as a "good neighbor" to ease traffic or even pay for extra signage, things they promised to do. Their solution was to suggest the elimination of crosswalks in the area in order to INCREASE traffic flow. Thank you Ghetto-mart Last summer an old lady was squashed by a Ghetto-mart tractor-trailer in the parking lot. They filled the too small sidewalks with trash for a "sidewalk" sale and she had to walk in the traffic to get to the store. Low quality, low priced crap from China attracts, low quality people to the area. Low quality people have fewer skills and abilities and maybe clubbing you in the parking lot is the only solution their crack fried brains can come up with. This is about being a good corporate citizen. Paying decent wages and benefits, supporting our nations economy beyond personal gain, supporting the community where you are selling goods or services. I hate to sound like a tree-hugger or union supporter but in this case they have it exactly right. Ghetto-mart costs Amnericans jobs, destroys local economies, and exports dollars from your town or city to someplace else. All of this makes the place a little worse everyday. Every piece of chinese shit you buy from them sends money overseas and to Arkansas, unless you live in China or Arkansas this is a bad thing. Enjoy you post christmas day shopping at Ghetto-mart, when your job is sent to china, go home and thank yourself.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 8:59:28 AM EDT
I'm confused.... ok we know chicago people are ruder then just about anywhere in teh country-- even NYC. forest park sounds like a nice area ( to a suburban white boy) where these all white folk???
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 9:10:49 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Only_Hits_Count: I'm confused.... ok we know chicago people are ruder then just about anywhere in teh country-- even NYC.
View Quote
Huh? Chicagoans are famously friendly. [:)][wave]
forest park sounds like a nice area ( to a suburban white boy) where these all white folk???
View Quote
Forest Park is in the western suburbs, close in to the city. I'm not familiar with it, but as far as race goes, could be white, black, or hispanic.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 9:20:44 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Airwolf: Although a crowd formed, no one came to their aid, Baures said.
View Quote
Forest Park Mayor Anthony Calderone said, "It's sad that anyone would resort to that type of conduct, especially with the holiday, but any day of the year."
View Quote
A crowd around and nobody makes an attempt to assist someone on the ground being beat by four people? Geesh. I'll admit with shame that I probably wouldn't directly intervene in a one-on-one fistfight, but I would believe that someone being pummeled would warrant some immediate action. I wasn't there and can't speak to the situation, but knowing the general public there's a good chance it was just good new world apathy.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 9:27:17 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Lazyshooter: I'm so suprised that this happened at a walmart. [rolleyes]
View Quote
I'm not....
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 9:33:27 AM EDT
Wal-Mart is the world's largest financial supporter of communist countries. If you shop there you are a trader and should be beaten. Just my $.02.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 9:37:58 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Reb52: Wal-Mart is the world's largest financial supporter of communist countries. If you shop there you are a [red]trader[/red] and should be beaten. Just my $.02.
View Quote
I don't think one should be beaten simply for being someone who engages in commerce.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 9:50:46 AM EDT
Originally Posted By eswanson:
Originally Posted By Reb52: Wal-Mart is the world's largest financial supporter of communist countries. If you shop there you are a [red]trader[/red] and should be beaten. Just my $.02.
View Quote
I don't think one should be beaten simply for being someone who engages in commerce.
View Quote
I'm gonna have to agree with swanson on this one. The vikings traded with the arabs.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 9:57:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/26/2003 9:59:39 AM EDT by Reb52]
I am from Arkansas and I HATE Wal-Mart. Go Ahead Support China. That is your right. But in my opinion it is Wrong. Abortion Clinics and Wal-Mart should not exist.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 10:01:14 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Reb52: Wal-Mart is the world's largest financial supporter of communist countries. If you shop there you are a trader and should be beaten. Just my $.02.
View Quote
Save that spew for your militia club meetings.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 10:04:31 AM EDT
Originally Posted By cyanide:
Originally Posted By Reb52: Wal-Mart is the world's largest financial supporter of communist countries. If you shop there you are a trader and should be beaten. Just my $.02.
View Quote
Save that spew for your militia club meetings.
View Quote
Now that's funny.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 10:16:18 AM EDT
lol. what he said.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 10:18:16 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Only_Hits_Count: I'm confused.... ok we know chicago people are ruder then just about anywhere in teh country-- even NYC. forest park sounds like a nice area ( to a suburban white boy) where these all white folk???
View Quote
Hmmmmm, let's see.... 1) "pack" mentality, not one on one 2) left in a "light colored CADILLAC" 3) no physical description of subjects, or names What do you think???? Why is it, at least around here, that if the offender is a minority there's never a physical description given? Why, we wouldn't want to tell the truth would we? If it was a white boy you'd better damn well believe they'd mention it.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 10:21:05 AM EDT
Originally Posted By ABNAK:
Originally Posted By Only_Hits_Count: I'm confused.... ok we know chicago people are ruder then just about anywhere in teh country-- even NYC. forest park sounds like a nice area ( to a suburban white boy) where these all white folk???
View Quote
Hmmmmm, let's see.... 1) "pack" mentality, not one on one 2) left in a "light colored CADILLAC" 3) no physical description of subjects, or names What do you think???? Why is it, at least around here, that if the offender is a minority there's never a physical description given? Why, we wouldn't want to tell the truth would we? If it was a white boy you'd better damn well believe they'd mention it.
View Quote
Get off the racial thing. Race has nothing to do with peoples action. I have seen every breed act stupid.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 10:22:05 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Reb52: I am from Arkansas and I HATE Wal-Mart. Go Ahead Support China. That is your right. But in my opinion it is Wrong. Abortion Clinics and Wal-Mart should not exist.
View Quote
Wow, just...wow.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 10:23:37 AM EDT
View Quote
Hmmmmm, let's see.... 1) "pack" mentality, not one on one 2) left in a "light colored CADILLAC" 3) no physical description of subjects, or names What do you think????
View Quote
MAFIA? Well, the town of Cicero is somewhat near there, and that's an old Mafia bastion, so maybe...
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 10:26:12 AM EDT
Originally Posted By eswanson:
View Quote
Hmmmmm, let's see.... 1) "pack" mentality, not one on one 2) left in a "light colored CADILLAC" 3) no physical description of subjects, or names What do you think????
View Quote
MAFIA? Well, the town of Cicero is somewhat near there, and that's an old Mafia bastion, so maybe...
View Quote
I get your point, ESwanson. But seriously, if you were a betting man....?
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 10:46:46 AM EDT
There are times I try to avoid saying anything in public, especially in a crazy crowded area. I'm sure if you saw a person accidentally drop a $50 bill and as a good samaritan, raised your voice to let them know they dropped something, they'll most likely hear the wrong thing and get crazy with you. A event similar to my example happened to me awhile back when I was in my teens. Some old timer with a young boy reached in his pocket and when he pulled it out, some loose bills came out. I picked up the money. When I said, "excuse me sir, you dropped this," he didn't even look at what I had in my hand and yelled something like, "don't you threaten my grandson like that!" He grabbed the kid's arm, then stormed off. The kid looked confused at his grandfather, and I guess he heard me right and saw the money in my hand, but by that time I was in "WHATEVER" mode and cared less if he got his money back.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 11:55:58 AM EDT
I remember a lot of people here that went crazy with joy when WalMart started the valupack of ammo. But buying anything else there is supporting communisim. I agree that WM gets alot of stuff from china (see the 'What's open today' thread) but, I won't pay $25 or more for a pair of jeans that are not made in the US (Other than Dickies and Carharrts, neither of which fit me right, what jeans are American made?), when WM has jeans for less than $20 and they are at least made on the American continent.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 2:20:49 PM EDT
American trade: hurtling towards the tipping point How serious is America's trade crisis? The best way of framing the answer is that no great power since the last days of the Ottoman Empire has tried to project so much power abroad from such a weak economic base at home. By Eamonn Fingleton. With the announcement of a worse-than-expected $41.3 billion U.S. September trade deficit last week, the scene is being set for a major trade crisis. Certainly the trend is little short of disastrous and, all wishful thinking in the Bush administration to the contrary, there is virtually no hope of a turnaround before the 2004 election. The new figures mean that in September alone the United States incurred a larger deficit than in the entire year of 1992 (which, as President Bush is well aware, was the last year of his father's administration). The U.S. goods-and-services trade deficit is on track to top $515 billion for 2003. This will represent an increase of nearly 20 percent on the record 2002 total and will be more than triple that of 1998 (which was already a disturbingly large record). The new figures confirm that the U.S. current account deficit this year will top the psychologically important level of 5 percent of GDP. This will be the worst performance since American economic statistics were first compiled in the nineteenth century. By comparison, the notorious U.S. trade crisis of 1971-72, so well remembered by older Americans, was a mere blip. The U.S. trade deficit in 1972, at 0.5 percent of GDP, was less than one-tenth of the current level. Yet it was the prospect of a "disastrous" trade deficit in 1972 that forced President Nixon into a humiliating devaluation that severed the erstwhile "mighty" dollar's historic link with gold. By all world standards, America's trade deficits are stunningly unsustainable. We have to go back to Italy in 1924 to find a major nation that, in percentage terms, has run a larger peacetime trade deficit. The full significance of this is that Italy in 1924 was a true economic basket case -- so much so that in January 1925, Mussolini seized dictatorial powers. Of course, in recent years the consensus both on Wall Street and in the media has been that the trade deficits "don't matter." The economic thinking underlying this conclusion is as facile as the profits-don't-matter ethos that created the disastrous late 1990s bubble in dot.com stocks. Why does trade matter? For a start the worsening trend has obvious and politically explosive implications for American jobs. True, most displaced workers eventually find new jobs but these are rarely as well paid. Even if policymakers think they can continue to ride roughshod over the legitimate concerns of American workers, they will eventually be jolted out of their insouciance by a force they cannot ignore: money. The point is that the trade deficits have to be financed and the question is how long foreign investors will continue to finance America's recklessly misguided trade policies. For every $1 of current account deficit, the United States has to sell $1 of American assets to foreigners. In the short run, the question is whether President Bush can struggle through next year without suffering a disastrous run on an already weak dollar. Such a run would raise the price of imports across the board, discomfiting American consumers and businesses alike. It would also drastically exacerbate America's problems in financing the Iraq reconstruction work and other huge foreign commitments. Perhaps most politically hurtful would be that it would almost certainly be accompanied by a shocking increase in American interest rates. In the long run the United States faces a rapidly growing pattern of foreign ownership of key American assets. More and more U.S. Treasury bonds, for instance, are being bought by foreign financial institutions, leaving the U.S. government increasingly dependent on the whims of financial regulators in nations like Japan and China. Such erstwhile pillars of American industry as Amoco and Chrysler have been bought by foreigners. Japanese corporations have recently bought two of the crown jewels of American high technology, IBM's path-breaking disk-drive division and Lucent's optical fiber operations. Much of Wall Street is now owned by foreign capital and German corporations alone own more than 50 percent of the American book publishing industry. In effect America is selling the family silver -- and, as profligate households have discovered down the ages, you can only sell the family silver once. Eventually there will be a reckoning as the money runs out. Within the space of a single generation America is presiding over the sell-off of much of its industrial and commercial base. Need it be added that this base required the sweat and enterprise of many earlier generations to create. If this trend continues, the power of foreign bankers, investors, and financial regulators will soon become a dominant force in American public life. This has profound implications for everything from the level of U.S. interest rates to the way American corporations are run. Basically the issue in the long run is who owns the United States. In truth no great power since the last days of the Ottoman Empire has tried to project so much power abroad from such a weak economic base at home. Up to a certain level, Americans will hardly notice the rise in foreign ownership -- but history in other nations shows that beyond a certain tipping point, foreign ownership becomes a bitterly hated and sometimes violently opposed intrusion on national sovereignty. It is for this reason that both Adam Smith and David Ricardo, the two founding fathers of Western economic thought, counselled that it is best for all concerned if economic assets are owned by local people. We are not at this tipping point yet but we are hurtling towards it at a frightening rate. Eamonn Fingleton's latest book, Unsustainable: How Economic Dogma is Destroying American Prosperity, is being published this month by Nation Books. His 1999 book In Praise of Hard Industries: Why Manufacturing, Not the Information Economy, Is the Key to Future Prosperity, foreshadowed the dot.com collapse.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 2:33:35 PM EDT
first off this did not happen in chicago, but a low rent west suburb, real low rent. where the guy was from in berwyn is also low rent district. lots of gang bangers in the area. its a gang banger attitude, "you look at me funny, i'll beat the shit oout of you." they hate when you look them in the eyes or "dis" them. can't carry concealed around here, it helps to carry a roll of quarters taped up though. and i'll bet dollars to dougnuts the gangbangers.......... i don't think it was a preban bat, there was no bayo lug
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 2:49:17 PM EDT
WOW, we have become, Escape from New York. If you live in a certain area, you can be hurt or killed, and it is acceptable, because you live in the zone. Like I said WOW.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 5:24:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/26/2003 5:28:08 PM EDT by Lazyshooter]
Just the other night on PBS, some managers, apparently, from Walmart said that at seminars sponsored by Walmart, they are given regional "information" sheets to be given to employees at the store. These "information" sheets apparently contain the phone numbers and addresses of various local food pantries, county and state aid agencies, and the number to apply for Medicaid. If employees need these services, (because they don't make enough to live on at Walmart), they are encouraged to make use of these free private and public sector services. Sounds like a great place to work. Maybe if they paid some of their employees more.......ah forget it, just remember the bottom (money) line, and the apparent Walmart motto: "Made in China makes us money". Sam Walton must be rolling in his grave.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 5:44:11 PM EDT
Why should they pay employees more? These are essentially low end slightly above menial jobs that people are willing to work at that wage for? You sound like some commie liberal democrat talking that way.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 6:11:44 PM EDT
I know the area very well. I live 10-15 minutes farther west of Forest Park. The Walmart where this incident took place is separated from a suburban ghetto (Maywood) by an old Jewish cemetary. The guy that got beat up is lucky that he wasn't shot. I hate Walmart to begin with and I most certainly would not shop in any stores in that area. Forest Park does have some nice areas on the north end, but they are becoming home to a large gay population. So if you drop a dime in Forest Park, leave it where it lays. If you bend over to pick it up, the gays will get you and if you kick it to Maywood you will be shot and they will steel it.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 6:57:16 PM EDT
If I had to bet I would say the suspects were black. Shopping at WalMart is not supporting Communists, especially if you are not buying things made in Communist countries. If I buy an 870 there or Federal, Remington or Winchester ammo or a Coleman sleeping bag or lantern or goldfish for my daughter or wild birdseed or dog food, or a guns and Ammo magazine or a pack of gum, how am I supporting Communism. This is America and people want to buy things for the lowest price they can. I support my local gun shops because I believe in them and want them to succeed, however I will continue to purchase things at WalMart if they are cheaper. My town has three WalMarts and they planned 2 Super WalMarts and there was a big outcry saying it would be the end of the world or something almost as bad. My position is let them build it, if nobody shops there they will go out of business. If enough people shop there they will succeed and pay lots of taxes and help the local economy.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 10:17:31 PM EDT
Originally Posted By sum-rifle: ... Shopping at WalMart is not supporting Communists, especially if you are not buying things made in Communist countries. If I buy a.. goldfish for my daughter
View Quote
Wanna guess where goldfish originated?? Wanna guess where there are now imported from??? (hint- starts with a big red 'C')
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 10:45:05 PM EDT
This is why if I ever get into an arguement with someone at the store I will have my hands on some form of protection till I am miles away.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 10:58:04 PM EDT
Almost NOTHING available in retail today is made in the USA... The only difference between shopping at Wally World vs Gander Mountain, RadioShack, or Sears is that your wallet is a little havier when you leave Wally World... The only major-brand clothing item I wear is Levis jeans. The rest (solid color t-shirts & sweat shirts, shoes, socks) is cheap-as-possible generic stuff from Wally World or Payless Shoes... I hate shopping for that stuff... As for the rest of what I buy there, Winchester ammo, FRAM oil filters, Castrol GTX, and Dremel bits are the same no matter where you buy them, all that changes is the price... WallyWorld is OK for a store, if only they would install self-checkout lanes!!! The only thing worse than shopping is waiting in line when you're done...
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 10:58:36 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Dave_A: Rule #1: Never casually walk out of the store after such an incedent... If someone starts a fight to cut in line, then lets their 'pack' join them, and continues to behave in a hostile manner, don't leave the store untill they're gone... Speaking from personal experience with a certain mentality found among a certain class/age of people (white, black, or whatever)... Seen it several times (I used to work at RadioShack, being threatened by custolifters & their associates/relatives is one of the reasons I'm glad I no longer work there), fortunately never ended up physically harmed...
View Quote
I had a walmart situation a few months back, I had just got an xbox for someone, leaving the store someone (appearred to be on meth) comes up to me trying to get my reciept so he can grab one and walk out with it, I tell him no and after abit of work he leaves me alone. I go to the car but xbox in trunk and grab something I needed to return, head back into walmart and the guy comes back again wanting to do same thing. He leaves me alone when I go in the store. I got to return my item and make sure to tell the manager their someone is trying to rip them off, so manager calls the "store narc" for me to describe guy to. Now while Im waiting for them to show up my "friend" from the parking lot goes to the desk and truns something, so when security shows up makes it easy to tell them who it was. So I talk with thier security people, was thanked for helping them, also guy from parking lot has been there before and this isnt first time, they remove him from property. So I go to my car parked way out in the lot so it wont get hit, guy them starts heading toward me, I made it to car at walking speed before he got there and left, I was thinking it might get into a conflict, but prepared I did have my G21 but it was never needed, I was glad to have it just in case.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 2:01:50 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Airwolf: Then the men pummeled her. Although a crowd formed, no one came to their aid.
View Quote
This pisses me off. I would have jumped in a heart beat and helped them. What kind of assholes would stand and watch? They could have been killed.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 2:18:47 AM EDT
Originally Posted By lonegunman: Three years ago they built a Ghetto-mart at a shopping center 1/2 mile from a house. The influx of whitetrash from all over town makes it impossible to cross the street and go to the park. The typical ghetto-mart customer understands nothing about a "cross-walk". Ghetto-mart has done nothing as a "good neighbor" to ease traffic or even pay for extra signage, things they promised to do. Their solution was to suggest the elimination of crosswalks in the area in order to INCREASE traffic flow. Thank you Ghetto-mart Last summer an old lady was squashed by a Ghetto-mart tractor-trailer in the parking lot. They filled the too small sidewalks with trash for a "sidewalk" sale and she had to walk in the traffic to get to the store. Low quality, low priced crap from China attracts, low quality people to the area. Low quality people have fewer skills and abilities and maybe clubbing you in the parking lot is the only solution their crack fried brains can come up with. This is about being a good corporate citizen. Paying decent wages and benefits, supporting our nations economy beyond personal gain, supporting the community where you are selling goods or services. I hate to sound like a tree-hugger or union supporter but in this case they have it exactly right. Ghetto-mart costs Amnericans jobs, destroys local economies, and exports dollars from your town or city to someplace else. All of this makes the place a little worse everyday. Every piece of chinese shit you buy from them sends money overseas and to Arkansas, unless you live in China or Arkansas this is a bad thing. Enjoy you post christmas day shopping at Ghetto-mart, when your job is sent to china, go home and thank yourself.
View Quote
All that comes to mind when I see the people in Walmart is: Jerry Springer. I have to agree with you. Sound just like where I used to live. I lived in Hilliard Ohio for 5 years. It's kind of an upper scale part of town. Walmart went in at the south end of Hilliard right off the freeway. Since there is no Walmart on the "west side" of Columbus all of the white trash jumped on 70 and came to Hilliard. That ruined Hilliard for me. I lived there and that is the area I was supposed to shop in and it was full of trash! Instead of driving 5 minutes down the road I would go out of my way to drive to Tuttle (Dublin), another nice area. Oh well, now I'm out in the country miles from anyone and I'm happy.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 2:20:52 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Reb52:
View Quote
View Quote
Get off the racial thing. Race has nothing to do with peoples action. I have seen every breed act stupid.
View Quote
Why He's right. If it was a white group they would have been identified as such in the artical. The fact it wasn't tells you it was blacks that did this. We see it all the time on the local news from omaha. They rarely give a description if the person is of the colored spectrum. But every time it's a white person they show their picture.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 7:54:56 AM EDT
[url]http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-beat27.html[/url] Two charged in Wal-Mart beating December 27, 2003 BY DAVE NEWBART AND SHAMUS TOOMEY Staff Shortly after Lennell Greer was charged Friday with beating two people at a Wal-Mart store in Forest Park on Christmas Eve, Greer's wife lashed out at the victims, saying her husband simply was protecting their daughter. "A father's love is his crime,'' said the wife, who identified herself as "Mrs. Lennell Greer.'' "What would any man do when a grown man starts something with his 11-year-old, 70-pound daughter?'' One of the victims, a 28-year-old Chicago woman, called that claim "outrageous," saying she and a friend posed no threat but were beat unmercifully with an aluminum baseball bat while a crowd cheered their attackers on. Earlier Friday, prosecutors charged Greer, 41, of Broadview, and a 15-year-old boy with the attack on Matthew Baures, 22, of Berwyn, and the woman. Both were charged with two felony counts of aggravated battery. Police said the boy struck the victims with the bat, and Greer also hit them. The beating came after the victims and two female customers exchanged words in the store's check-out line, police said. After leaving, Baures and his friend, who asked that her name not be used, were attacked in the parking lot. In an interview Friday night at Greer's house, his wife said the initial confrontation was between her daughter, herself and two others in line. Her daughter, she explained, had been sick, and wasn't able to buy Christmas presents until the last minute, including one for her dad, who was waiting in the car. "I think it's not right because I'm a little girl going Christmas shopping for my father,'' the girl said. The Greers said they were waiting in two separate lines when the dispute with Baures started. The alleged victims started the confrontation, they said. Mrs. Greer declined to comment on what happened in the parking lot but said she believes a store video surveillance tape will exonerate her husband and the 15-year-old. She declined to identify the teenager but said he was not her son. Mrs. Greer noted her husband was picked up by police on Christmas, and her daughter wasn't able to give him his gift. "From her first Christmas she has never been separated from her father. Never,'' she said. "Now he's incarcerated. Is that what Santa has to bring?'' Lennell Greer remained in a police lock-up Friday pending a bond hearing today. For his part, Baures said his aches from his injuries -- he was struck in the face, back and ribs -- had improved, but he still hoped to visit a doctor because he was having trouble walking. His friend said she broke her right pinkie finger when she grabbed an attacker's crotch. She also suffered bruises on her body and welts on her head. She sought care at a hospital and still suffered headaches Friday. While Baures and the woman believe there were four or five attackers, Forest Park Police Chief Jim Ryan said police arrested the "two major aggressors." Wal-Mart officials said they were investigating the incident and the actions of their security staff.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 8:16:29 AM EDT
"From her first Christmas she has never been separated from her father. Never,'' she said. "Now he's incarcerated. Is that what Santa has to bring?''
View Quote
Are people REALLY this fucking twisted? Your daddy is in the Graybar Hotel because he BEAT SOMEONE WITH A FUCKING BASEBALL BAT!!!!!!!!!!! "Santa" didn't have a fucking thing to do with your fathers VIOLENT FELONY ASSAULT that could have KILLED someone. Jesus H. Christ! Talk about a "victim mentality". Boo fucking hoo! I'm hurt because daddy is in jail. Asshat.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 9:36:26 AM EDT
I wasn't too far off. The perps were from Broadview, which is another black community just west of Maywood.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 10:24:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/27/2003 5:43:41 PM EDT by Cold_Warrior]
I like the line about "alleged victims". WTF? I know a lot of black people and have many black friends, but those asswipes that attacked those two are just plain [red][/red]. CW Edited by CW to add that racial slur was not called for on this forum, please accept apology. CW
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 10:45:02 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Only_Hits_Count:
Originally Posted By sum-rifle: ... Shopping at WalMart is not supporting Communists, especially if you are not buying things made in Communist countries. If I buy a.. goldfish for my daughter
View Quote
Wanna guess where goldfish originated?? Wanna guess where there are now imported from??? (hint- starts with a big red 'C')
View Quote
Relatively accurate, however there are american breeders. The aquarium supply store I frequent, utilizes primarily domestically bred stock. For some of the marine fish that can not be bred in captivity, they do import, but I can't think of any that come from China. (a lot of south east asian, african, persian, but all their gold fish are domestic bred.) If you go to a restaurant and eat catfish, you may be surprised to find out that what you are eating is probably bearded carp from china, Korea or Viet Nam.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 11:09:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/27/2003 2:03:51 PM EDT by 1GUNRUNNER]
Originally Posted By Cold_Warrior: I like the line about "alleged victims". WTF? I know a lot of black people and have many black friends, but those asswipes that attacked those two are just plain . CW
View Quote
Oh Lord here we go again[rolleyes] IBTL
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top