Choose one.

Explain.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 5:52:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Let me see.

Woke up.
Both feet hit the floor.
Both hands still functioned.
Running water and elctricity still worked.
Job is still there.
Wife and kid are still here.

I'd have to say this was another Outstanding Day!
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 5:53:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Sucked hard, like most days of my life.  Nothing really to explain.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 5:57:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Today was pretty good.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 5:57:54 PM EDT
[#4]
The wife is still P.O.ed about something....
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 5:58:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Today I:

> played hooky from work
> hung out with my wife and 3-month old daughter
> played hooky from work
> ate out twice, for breakfast (eggs, sausage, french toast, coffee) and for dinner (Mexican - tamale, stuffed jalapenos, rellenos, rice)
> played hooky from work
> didn't answer my cell phone
> played hooky from work
> batted a thousand on all errands
> played hooky from work
> got a new scope for my hunting rifle
> played hooky from work

Well, I guess that's about it.

as to my vote: I'll give ya three guesses - and the first two don't count.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 5:59:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Based on DPeachers criteria, I'm changing my vote to "Outstanding."

Link Posted: 5/16/2003 6:00:47 PM EDT
[#7]
No major complaints, today was a good day.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 6:01:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Another cold rainy day, spent the morning in a wire cage shuffling paper while brain cells died of boredom. The afternoon was a little better. Got a call from my friends in the desert about the helicopter they're moving to Korea. Got me out of the cage and made me think a bit. Came home to find my daughter upset because her bunny died (orphan baby she picked up yesterday when she saved it from a local stray cat). I warned her the prognosis was poor, but she was bummed anyway.

Ah well, could have been worse. Hell, I've [b]never[/b] seen it so bad it couldn't be worse.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 6:01:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Well stayed up late last night working on two projects I had due today, well it paid off. Ended up doing pretty good on both of them. Got  my hair cut, looks pretty good. And I got a good time with a girl to look forward to this weekend :)

No parents + 2 16 yr olds of opposite sex + couple free hours = [bounce][snoopy][naughty][banana]

Also got some time with the AR tomorrow to look forwards to.

Today was good knowing this year is almost over and only one more left [:D]

Plus now that I own a Pre Ban Eagle Arms EA-15 nothing can bring me down [:D]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 6:03:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Today was a ...
Choose one.

Excellent day. Outstanding.
View Quote

I am still alive.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 6:05:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Average day.
Just ridin' the big blue ball.

[:|]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 6:20:14 PM EDT
[#12]
this morning was a tylenol and water morning

last night went to one of those $100 dollar a head all you can drink all you can eat benefits for some conservation association and damned it i didnt make them lose money on me

3 crown and cokes and about 9000 bud lights later i was down for the count, didnt have time to check out the million types of food they had, too much alcohol to be tested for quality
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 6:22:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Any day not spent firing your own guns with someone else's ammo sucks donkey whang.

Oh, and any day not spent with Anna Kournakorva begging you for sex sucks donkey whang too!

Neither happened to me today so bugger you all!!!     [}:D]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 6:26:16 PM EDT
[#14]
The good:

Woke up at 9, got a page telling me to get to a noon appontment, went back to sleep on the company dime (college jobs are so fun).

The bad:

Plunked down a good 50 bucks for Enter the Matrix, spent a good hour installing it (3 gigs!), then find that it won't run. According to an obscure note on the company website, my video card is incompatible. This would not be so bad if I didn't have a laptop. Hmph.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 6:43:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Keeping things in perspective, it was a good day. Woke up early for a quickie before work. My daughter was a Princess during breakfast and getting ready for pre-school. I didn't have a pile of work waiting for me when I showed up. Got caught up on my paper work. Met the wife for lunch. Closed a major project I've been working on for nearly 10 months. Made chicken fried steak for super. Played Candy Land with my daughter. Walked to the Ice Cream stand with the wife and daughter. Fixed a leaking faucet. Chilled out while my wife played in the back yard with our daughter. Now I'm drinking some ice cold Leinenkugle and hanging out here. It was a good day.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 6:44:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Woke up, went to help survey a lot, which was a PITA because the cut alder trees that were standing there until last week hadn't been cleared yet.  We were using ancient surveying equipment, which meant stretching metal tape and climbing over deadfall, tripping and stumbling all the way.  And surveying is not very exciting work.  Oh, and I didn't get paid either.  Generally lousy day.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 6:48:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Been a really fucked week. Close friend died of a suspected heart attack last Fri. His memorial was yesterday. He was only 53...
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 7:06:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Totally Sucked!
Today was the official production start for the New Nissan Titan pickup truck.
Every freak accident that could have happened did happen. Every employee with my Company here at the job-site has been answering silly little complaints and accidents.
I work nights, generally get off work between 4:00 AM to 6:00 AM and Nissan Personnel started calling my phone at 7:00 AM this morning.
Finally got to sleep around 8:00 AM came back to work at 2:00 PM, helping with problems and this is the only free minute I have had all day.
Damn I am glad Production Workers doesn't work on weekends.[:D]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 7:10:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Been a really fucked week. Close friend died of a suspected heart attack last Fri. His memorial was yesterday. He was only 53...
View Quote

Sorry, went through that last month.  Definitely qualifies as "sucks hard".

My day was generally lousy.  Students were off the hook today.  My arms are all scraped up and scabbed, took a freezer door in the chest and a couple shots to the back.  Feelin' pretty sore.

Things are looking up though.  Had a good dinner.  Relaxing with a movie and some computer gaming.  Taking the dogs out tomorrow to an ARF dog event then going shooting with the buddies. Pulling out the hardware tonite to get it ready. Wife heading out of town tomorrow night so I get to play Black Hawk Down all evening.  Hopefully the lousy is behind me.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 7:43:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Woke up

Attended an open house for a local gun dealer, he opened a new shop in a town nearby.

Had a overall ok day.

Its time for bed soon

Today was pretty good.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 7:58:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Excellent day. Outstanding

Spent the day on the lake!
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:03:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:10:29 PM EDT
[#23]
avg day....

got some shit done
didnt do some other stuff

saw the Matrix

surfin the net.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:10:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Using the DPeacher criteria I have to say outstanding:

Quickie before work.  Car in for inspection, needed over 5 bills or work and I could afford it.  Could afford to take 4 hours from work to have car done too.  Got to take my son (and his two dates - how the hell did that happen!?) to see the Matrix 2.  I'm still married, My house has no leaks.  Outstanding

Edited because I should never forget a quickie.  Life is too short
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:10:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Excellent!  Whupped some ass on my math final, and it's put me in a great mood!
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:16:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:21:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Average. Worked, it was the last day of the pay period. I only flagged a tic over 93 hours this time. I like to get at LEAST 100 hours.
AB
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:23:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Generally Lousy!

I've developed/incurred quite a hip injury recently, and today was a "walk as little as possible" day.  I'm looking foward to a cortizone shot and some physical therapy.  I just hope the physical therapy chick is hot!
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:44:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Generally Lousy. Have a sinus headache & coming down with a cold.  Maybe I'll downgrade to "Sucked Hard" tomorrow or the next.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:52:22 PM EDT
[#30]
... I guess I have to thank the Lord or my genes. I very seldom have bad days.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:59:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Average day.
Just ridin' the big blue ball.

[:|]
View Quote

The big blue ball likes to ride my ass. It's gay.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 9:02:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Outstanding day.

Opened my eyes this morning and the sun had risen in the east and I had a pulse.  Then booked nearly $14k in orders and got a call from the boss patting me on the back for said orders.  Played with my son, washed and oiled my mountain bike in preparation for a early morning ride tomorrow.  Good dinner and a couple of Sam Adams.  Excellent day!
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 9:06:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Got up at 0400.
Drove to the Base and got a primo parking spot.
Had a good piece of work (that's a Bus Route)  that went down to the beach.
Took the afternoon OFF to go home and prepare the "trade-ins" being used to finance the Special Project.
Nice day!
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 9:40:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Average day. Sucked hard. The explanation would take too much bandwidth. And a psych. eval.[:)]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 9:47:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Good day.

Set down a few burdens, rekindled an old passion, and saw another day.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 9:54:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Just thankful there was one.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 9:54:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Excellent Day!

The Lord is in Heaven and all is right with the Earth!

Eric the(NeedWeAskForMore?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 10:03:20 PM EDT
[#38]
I did't have to go to work today so that's a great start.  It was sunny too! [:D]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 10:31:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Any day I wake up to find that there still is room in hell is a horrible day.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 11:08:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Look at that beautiful, nearly Guassian distribution.

Average day because I have been studying...for finals.  Maybe it's a bad day if I'm talking that way about distributions of any kind.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 11:36:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Good day.  

Finished my third Psych exam in three days.  Went out to the range with a couple of friends, including one who's trying to decide what pistol to buy.  Shot every 9mm pistol in the rental fleet.  Got a decent looking 20 round AR mag for $15.  IDPA and a little smallbore shooting tomorrow.  Hurray for the weekend!
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 11:46:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Got one call from a local company asking what time would be good for an interview next week, and another from a local contract house recruiter (cute blonde girl :-)) that there is a good fitting position opening up at one of the wireless companies.

Job search is feeling more hopeful this week.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 6:27:24 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Choose one.

Explain.
View Quote

I'm just a happy guy![img]http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung/huepfen/jumping-smiley-019.gif[/img][img]http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung/huepfen/jumping-smiley-027.gif[/img][img]http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung/huepfen/jumping-smiley-003.gif[/img][img]http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung/huepfen/jumping-smiley-013.gif[/img][img]http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung/huepfen/jumping-smiley-024.gif[/img][img]http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung/huepfen/jumping-smiley-016.gif[/img][img]http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung/huepfen/jumping-smiley-022.gif[/img][img]http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung/huepfen/jumping-smiley-021.gif[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top