Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 11/5/2001 4:35:00 PM EDT
My four year old woke up from his nap and said "You know, dad, if I got anthrax, I would go to the doctor." I asked him where he heard about that and he said he had heard about it on TV...guess he was listening all those times he was playing in the living room while I was watching Fox News. [:(] Sucks that he has to know what anthrax is.
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 4:37:00 PM EDT
Well, at least he's not listening to the band Anthrax.
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 4:49:41 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Green_Furniture: Well, at least he's not listening to the band Anthrax.
View Quote
He'd be better off listening to the band than the news. I was about that age and still remember watching the Vietnam newsreels. I remember asking my grampa why the man was bleeding.
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 5:03:01 PM EDT
When I was that age we used to watch black and white TV of aerial thermonuclear blasts. It was sort of a competition between the US and Russia to see who could make the biggest BOOM! Seemed like there was one every week or two. Combine that with the "crawl under your school desk" drills in elementary school and you KNEW your @ss was gone if it happened. Don't think it hurt us any. And we got to see the Aurora Borealis all the way in Texas some nights.
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 5:05:35 PM EDT
DAMN IT! if that dose not make you want to just f*ing nuke somebody I don't know what will. No kid in America should even have to think about anything other that school,fun and friends. This crap makes me sick,I'm glad my girl is only 2 1/2 and still dose not get it.
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 6:02:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/5/2001 5:58:26 PM EDT by RobertInMaine]
It is too bad that our kids have to think about things like Anthrax. But why is it that our kids are the last ones in the world to have to worry about it? We've been living in a "dream" for quite a long time. Only thing we can do is make our relationships in life with our family, our friends, our God, that much stronger. Maybe something good will come out of this after all. And if you really think about it, if we had "thought" more about in our time, then our kids may not have had to worry about it now.
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 6:35:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/5/2001 6:28:48 PM EDT by SteyrAUG]
Reminds me of pictures of British choldren carrying small carboard boxes to school at the outbreak of WW2. Most people don't realize those boxes contained gas masks. It really could be lots worse.
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 6:39:23 PM EDT
My four year old granddaughter met me at the door one afternoon when I was coming over to visit her. It was right after Sept 11, and she said excitedly, 'Granddaddy, some mean men crashed into some big buildings on purpose, come and see, come and see.' Of course it broke my heart that those bastards made any sort of impact on my sweetheart, but they did! Apparently, she was watching a repeat broadcast of the attack and devestation in NYC. But as Arock said, our generation grew up on a steady diet of fallout shelters, civil defense drills, 'bomb' drills at school, and a famous campaign commercial from 1964 run by LBJ (the little girl picking daisies while a mechanical voice gave a countdown to nuclear war). Well I want this over and done with pretty damn quickly. Eric The(WhateverItTakes)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 6:45:00 PM EDT
About a week ago my 8yr old was terrified he might get Anthrax. [>(] I told him we live in a small town so we don't have to worry about it and if something did happen the doctors could fix it. I now watch, what I watch on TV, while he is awake.
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 8:02:08 PM EDT
Whew ! That should have been a relief. I thought this was gonna be one of those "Dad, I am gay" posts .. [:D] Actually.. I remember the 'ol "Duck and Cover" drills in elementary school. [img]www.fas.org/nuke/trinity/civildef/bertanim.gif[/img] Here is a picture of Goatboy in class: [img]www.americanschoolofdefense.com/images/nuke2.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 8:18:37 PM EDT
Originally Posted By RobertInMaine: It is too bad that our kids have to think about things like Anthrax. But why is it that our kids are the last ones in the world to have to worry about it? We've been living in a "dream" for quite a long time.
View Quote
We haven't had to think about it because we made a better place. Americans worked and sacrificed to make a place where we didn't have to deal with that. To say that because some people don't know how to behave in a civilized fashion, that we should have to lower our standards is cheating us. We haven't been living a dream, we have been living on the hard work of past Americans. Those bastards don't like it, maybe they're just to stupid to make this kind of life for themselves. We made this land safe and peaceful by ourselves, not with help from anyone else.... I don't see why we should be judged as dreamers or elitists because of it.
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 6:57:11 AM EDT
Well said sumo.
Top Top