Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/28/2004 7:48:15 PM EST
So, I had a job interview today. This company contacted me out of the blue, and said would you like to talk to us? It's a reputable firm. But they are very careful in their hiring process. Today was my second interview. On paper (resume) I did okay, but that was in the first interview. Today - the second interview - there was a woman present. At first it was two men and her in a conference room, and one by one they left me alone with her in the room with the door closed.

I say this because I think women are very astute communicators who can pick up on subtle nuances men can't. The woman was pleasant enough, but I think her purpose is to DEEP SCAN me, meaning she didn't listen to what I was saying so much as looking at my eyes to see what kind of person I am on the inside and all that.

Anyone here had a similar experience?

(I also had to take a drug test. That was new to me. Anyone had to do this during the application process?)
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:49:26 PM EST
Its possible. Some people can read you like a book.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:50:54 PM EST
Never had that done.

Did you study for the drug test?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:51:14 PM EST
no anal probe?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:52:42 PM EST
Was it a board interview in Fort Worth?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:53:05 PM EST

Originally Posted By Palo_Duro:

Huh? and no.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:55:07 PM EST

Originally Posted By clean_cut:
So, I had a job interview today. This company contacted me out of the blue, and said would you like to talk to us? It's a reputable firm. But they are very careful in their hiring process. Today was my second interview. On paper (resume) I did okay, but that was in the first interview. Today - the second interview - there was a woman present. At first it was two men and her in a conference room, and one by one they left me alone with her in the room with the door closed.

I say this because I think women are very astute communicators who can pick up on subtle nuances men can't. The woman was pleasant enough, but I think her purpose is to DEEP SCAN me, meaning she didn't listen to what I was saying so much as looking at my eyes to see what kind of person I am on the inside and all that.

(I also had to take a drug test. That was new to me. Anyone had to do this during the application process?)

You've been reading too much Grisham. This ain't the Firm.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:55:56 PM EST

Originally Posted By azcopwannabee:

You've been reading too much Grisham. This ain't the Firm.

I never read Grisham, or even seen his movies.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:58:12 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/28/2004 7:59:38 PM EST by TREETOP]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:58:30 PM EST

Originally Posted By Combat_Jack:
Its possible. Some people can read you like a book.

Are you kidding??

I got whole chapters on this guy!!!

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:04:44 PM EST

Originally Posted By Palo_Duro:

Huh?

and no.

ok...
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:05:30 PM EST