Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 3/20/2013 5:43:46 AM EDT
Last night I went to bed a free man, today I woke up a criminal.

The so called "common sense" gun legislation that is signed in to law this morning will have made a criminal out of every gun owner in the state of Colorado.

The magazine ban itself has various ways that does this, not even counting the other 5 bills that will be signed today. For instance, if I let ANYONE shoot or even touch one of my pistols or rifles at the range, I am instantly considered a criminal, as well as the person who fired/touched that firearm. This is because the firearm contains a magazine that "holds over 15 rounds OR HAS THE ABILITY TO BE MODIFIED TO HOLD MORE THAN 15 ROUNDS" which is practically every magazine in existence.

I shoot with my family and friends at least twice a month, so now, with a swipe of a pen, I can be arrested and sent to jail for up to 12 months if I let ANYONE touch one of my firearms. I have to have the magazines I own in my "CONTINUOUS" possession and cannot transfer that magazine, even for a split second to anyone else.

I am now also able to lose my 2nd amendment right before due process if anyone accuses me of any violence. That is right. All ANYONE has to do is accuse me of hitting or threatening them and I will be ORDERED to turn in any and all firearms to the police within 72 hours of the ACCUSATION. No trial, No facing my accuser, NO day in court. Those firearms "MAY" (not must) be returned to me at a later date if I win my case in court.

I now also have to pay CBI and a local FFL for any transfer of a firearm, even if it is to loan it to a relative for a short amount of time (anything over 72 hours).

Background checks will necessarily take much longer than 72 hours with the huge influx of checks being made from this bill. So effectively I can no longer lend any of my firearms to my spouse or my relatives since they won't pass the background check within that 72 hour time frame. ALSO, ONCE THEY HAND MY FIREARM BACK TO ME IF I DO LEND IT OUT, WE EACH WILL HAVE TO PAY BOTH CBI AND AN FFL TO PERFORM ANOTHER BACKGROUND CHECK AND WAIT AN ADDITIONAL AMOUNT OF TIME FOR IT TO CLEAR.

These are just a few examples of how I and every other gun owner, or even those who go out with their friends/relative to shoot WOKE UP CRIMINALS THIS MORNING.

Link Posted: 3/20/2013 5:44:39 AM EDT
www.bfdf.org

Let's recall 'em and work on taking our state back.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 5:44:45 AM EDT
Move
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 5:46:04 AM EDT
Originally Posted By introv78:
Move

Fuck that.

The fight is here and it is happening now. Colorado is simply the beachhead. We either push them back here or we see it spread to other places once thought safe. No. I will not let the politicians drive me out of this great state.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 5:46:19 AM EDT
You can still e-mail Hickenlooper.

Luckily your local sheriffs seem to not want to enforce these new laws.

Colorado: legalizing pot and adultry and banning magazines with removable floorplates.

Which of the above does more damage to society?
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 5:46:20 AM EDT
Completely sucks man. Is a move for you possible?
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 5:47:01 AM EDT
Originally Posted By SS109:
You can still e-mail Hickenlooper.

Luckily your local sheriffs seem to not want to enforce these new laws.

Colorado: legalizing pot and adultry and banning magazines with removable floorplates.

Which of the above does more damage to society?

It is a done deal that he is signing these bills this morning. Emailing him will do nothing.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 5:47:43 AM EDT
You're whining like you are going to comply. Is this true?
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 5:47:44 AM EDT
happened to me in january

january 15, to be exact

a day i will NEVER forget

i hope cuomo doesnt forget it any time soon either

i hope he will be reminded on election day, but i am dreaming

Link Posted: 3/20/2013 5:47:56 AM EDT
Move

This.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 5:48:02 AM EDT
Dang. Prayers for our brethren in the resistance behind expanding enemy lines.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 5:48:07 AM EDT
Originally Posted By andrasik:
www.bfdf.org

Let's recall 'em and work on taking our state back.

QFT
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 5:48:13 AM EDT
Wow, that's fucked up. Keep fighting the good fight guys.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 5:49:19 AM EDT
Originally Posted By 338winmag:
You're whining like you are going to comply. Is this true?

He is angry, I can't blame him for venting.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 5:49:32 AM EDT
Move

Fuck that.

The fight is here and it is happening now. Colorado is simply the beachhead. We either push them back here or we see it spread to other places once thought safe. No. I will not let the politicians drive me out of this great state.

Yep, fuck those that tell us to move. They think it's so simple. There's only 2 actions here, fight and non-compliance.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 5:49:40 AM EDT
Also, the laws don't take hold until July 1, 2013.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 5:50:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/20/2013 5:50:36 AM EDT by Undefined]
Move

This. Support the fight from a distance, but get your gun loving ass down to the free states. If all of the freedom loving, hard working, gun toting right wingers move out of the blue states they will self destruct. We're their tax base, so if you move you not only get your freedom back you also cut off folks like Representative Fields' constituents.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 5:50:42 AM EDT
Move

This. I grew up in CO and I know how beautiful it is there. But I would have a hard time tolerating that bullshit.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 5:50:46 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 5:53:34 AM EDT
3 words...

DO. NOT. COMPLY.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 5:53:45 AM EDT
The blue state red state lines are being drawn

Keep up the fight, the laws passed have holes in them and are ambiguous

I expect worse for the Kaliban now that we have a super majority dem controlled congress and gov. Wheel guns only?
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 5:54:26 AM EDT
That's a bummer for sure.

Stop the trend, fight back!
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 5:54:36 AM EDT
Disgusting and sad. I hate to hear it.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 5:55:17 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Chaingun:

I expect worse for the Kaliban now that we have a super majority dem controlled congress and gov. Wheel guns only?

The lines are being drawn, and every single pro gun anti liberal that moves to TX, TN, etc. consolidates our forces and keeps the free states free.

Those of us saying "Move" are saying it for two main reasons - you get your freedom and your presence helps us keep ours.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 5:55:19 AM EDT
Holy fuck
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 5:56:46 AM EDT

The lines were drawn over a decade ago. Now we need to keep our eyes open for states we thought were solid red states.

The Left realizes they need to make red states purple. And purple states blue. We need to combat this.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 5:56:53 AM EDT
Move

Not time yet. I think CO can still be recovered with a grass-roots effort. Unlike the full retard states like NY CO does not have a long history of surpressing 2A rights.

Link Posted: 3/20/2013 5:57:05 AM EDT

Move

Fuck that.

That sucks. We feel the same way in Il. But we have homegrown idiots. No the Cali. kind. Very hard to believe Co. went that fucking retarded. Hell I emailed all I could to help ya, and other states as well.

So far were holding the water back, but we are used to it. Some day I may be a felon just living here. But It will be them making me one. Not by me , just wanting to be left alone . Good luck.

Link Posted: 3/20/2013 5:57:08 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Undefined:

The lines are being drawn, and every single pro gun anti liberal that moves to TX, TN, etc. consolidates our forces and keeps the free states free.

Those of us saying "Move" are saying it for two main reasons - you get your freedom and your presence helps us keep ours.

It doesn't, actually.

The state of Colorado is overwhelmingly publicly against these proposals. It doesn't matter. The left wanted CO as a symbol that the American West could be tamed, and they bought that symbol.

They will lose it through recalls and the courts, but it won't matter. They have won the information war here and now.

So the public opinion being in your favor means nothing.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 5:57:34 AM EDT
Someone doesnt understand the term legislative intent as applied to enforcement of criminal law, appeal of criminal convictions and case law.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 5:57:44 AM EDT
my family has owned property in Colorado since the 1920's. I always bring my arsenal up there every summer. I will not comply this summer if this law is in place.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 5:58:18 AM EDT
So what are you going to DO about it?
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 5:59:03 AM EDT
I have family in CO and may visit occasionally. I have no intention of obeying any of this new garbage.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 5:59:15 AM EDT

It doesn't, actually.

The state of Colorado is overwhelmingly publicly against these proposals. It doesn't matter. The left wanted CO as a symbol that the American West could be tamed, and they bought that symbol.

They will lose it through recalls and the courts, but it won't matter. They have won the information war here and now.

So the public opinion being in your favor means nothing.

Agreed, but we have James Yeager and he'd be shooting people by now.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 5:59:27 AM EDT
Moving would suck for me also with a family and good job however I wouldn't live under communist rule.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:02:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/20/2013 6:03:04 AM EDT by raysheen]
Originally Posted By Aeschylus:
Move

This.

Will you say the same thing when legislation like this gets passed in your state? Where do you go if there is nowhere left?
The people of CO need to stand and fight this...they do not need to roll over and give up. This is a fight that is worth fighting. We aren't talking about MA, CA or NY here....CO passing anti-freedom laws with such a breadth and scope as this is a huge fucking deal.
OP, do not move, not yet anyway...stay and fight as hard as you can. You all have a lot of support from us outside of your state.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:02:39 AM EDT
WTF did you think would happen in a state that legalized Pot

Now I am one that could careless about pot being Legalized, I just think there is more important things going on then a state making this a priority.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:02:48 AM EDT
For what it's worth, you went to bed a criminal too. You just weren't aware of half of the laws you violated - everything from speeding (don't ask, don't tell... but c'mon), to some sort of zoning code, to use of "fighting words" (even if it was under your breath), to the crack in your windshield, to probably some sort of environmental reg pertaining to your water usage, your "carbon footprint" or any other damned thing.

In short, fear not because you were already there. In the meantime, here's a quote for you: “I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.” - Robert A. Heinlein

Now... come help us kick the bastards out, erase these laws and show what happens when We, The People push back!
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:04:29 AM EDT
We have plenty of room here in NY
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:04:30 AM EDT

That would be... unfortunate.

Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:04:30 AM EDT
IS THERE ANY GRANDFATHERING ON THE MAGS
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:05:04 AM EDT
I revise my original suggestion of moving....

Don't move until the recall elections. If the recalls fail, Colorado is fucked and we might as well extract as many productive persons as possible and let the state bleed out. Maybe it will be habitable again in a generation or two.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:05:15 AM EDT
Sorry Co.

Will never ski your mountains again.

TXL
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:05:37 AM EDT
Just ignore the stupid fucking law... Nobody is going to enforce it anyways.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:05:39 AM EDT
Originally Posted By RONINBUDO:
IS THERE ANY GRANDFATHERING ON THE MAGS

Yes.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:05:57 AM EDT
Originally Posted By KeithC:

That would be... unfortunate.

Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:06:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/20/2013 6:08:17 AM EDT by TACTICAL]

Moving would suck for me also with a family and good job however I wouldn't live under communist rule.

Idiotarian rule is more like it... Communists would never legalize weed!

Colorado was on my short list of places to move once the kids get out on their own.... if they ever do or even can
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:06:46 AM EDT
Good luck down there and get active in local politics. And remember gay rights , abortion and birth control are not the real issues. Stay focused!

IBL. COC violation

Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:06:49 AM EDT
Originally Posted By TxLewis:
Sorry Co.

Will never ski your mountains again.

TXL

This.

I live going skiing but never again. I'll stay in New Mexico...
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:07:16 AM EDT
I revise my original suggestion of moving....

Don't move until the recall elections. If the recalls fail, Colorado is fucked and we might as well extract as many productive persons as possible and let the state bleed out. Maybe it will be habitable again in a generation or two.

Even that is premature. The recalls are very narrow and only applicable in the districts where we run the recalls.

The 2014 elections will be a big deal.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:07:23 AM EDT
Even that it sucks ass better the state then Federal Gooberment passing these laws, at least the state level you still have a chance getting the scum out of office.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Top Top