Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2002 1:43:03 PM EDT
Has anyone heard this. I like it. They just played it on the radio and then told how it was scheduled to be played on a 4th of july TV special. Too pad Peter "dipshit" Jennings heard the song and got the station to ax it.

I'll see if I can find a link to the song. It has the lyric "we'll put a boot in your ass" so it must be good.

Link Posted: 6/13/2002 3:36:10 PM EDT
[#1]
[url]http://www.usatoday.com/life/music/2002/2002-06-13-toby-keith.htm[/url]

"I find it interesting that he's not from the U.S.," Keith says of Jennings, who is Canadian. "I bet Dan Rather'd let me do it on his special."
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/13/2002 3:41:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
[url]http://www.usatoday.com/life/music/2002/2002-06-13-toby-keith.htm[/url]

"I find it interesting that he's not from the U.S.," Keith says of Jennings, who is Canadian. "I bet Dan Rather'd let me do it on his special."
View Quote

View Quote

I bet he wouldn't, since he's a stark raving liberal.  Why haven't we revoked his Texas Citizenship yet?

I'm no Toby Keith fan, but I may become one.  Someone needs to take up the slack left by Bocephus and Charlie Daniels.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 3:46:01 PM EDT
[#3]
It's a super-cool song....

Scott

Link Posted: 6/13/2002 3:49:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 4:06:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I may be in the minority here, but I don't like it (the song not the message). Something about the song and it timing seems a little too much like he is just jumping on the band wagon. I personally don't think he would have released this song before Sept. 11th, and something about that just puts it off for me. Also his recent stuff just hasn't been as good as the older songs.

I like this singer/song writer and his work better as a patriotic musician, and interestingly enough, he is a Canadian: [url]http://www.fredeaglesmith.com[/url]
One of his better songs (for this crowd anyway)
[url]http://www.jason.hammond.net/fsw/eaglesmith/tab/time_to_get_a_gun.txt[/url]

Kyle
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 4:28:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I am trying to get the lyrics:

[url]http://www.tobykeith.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=41524&t=7463#post41524[/url]

(I am a Toby Keith fan, BTW. So I don't mind joining the forum on his website....)

Scott

[beer]

Link Posted: 6/13/2002 4:30:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't know anything about Toby Keith, but his old man was a great guy, funny as hell and lived pretty hard...  So best of wishes to Toby, because his dad was one cool cat.

[size=6]RIP HK[/size=6]

Ben

Hey, I never got to say it.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 4:32:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I personally don't think he would have released this song before Sept. 11th, and something about that just puts it off for me. Kyle
View Quote

That would have been interesting. Would have made him one of Dionne's psychic friends, since the song is about us fighting back AFTER 9/11....

Scott

P.S. I would have been quicker getting the link to my question over there, but I watched the videos for "I Wanna Talk About Me" and "How Do You Like Me Now?"

[url]http://www.tobykeith.com/music/video/video.shtml[/url]

Link Posted: 6/13/2002 4:52:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 4:55:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Yeah Peter Jennings stepped in with his Liberal agenda. I just won't be watching his shity little tv special. Piss on him.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 4:57:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
hey where can ibuy this song.
View Quote

Look for a CD Single at Wal*Mart, I guess. OR wait for the next album....

Scott

Link Posted: 6/13/2002 5:00:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Scott

View Quote

Or download an mp3 off of the net --- it's the communist way.

That gives me an idea...

Link Posted: 6/13/2002 5:00:58 PM EDT
[#13]
[url]http://www.deesplace.com/CourtesyOfTheRedWhiteAndBlue.html[/url]

Plays the song and has the lyrics listed....

Courtesy Of The Red White And Blue  

Toby Keith  

American girls
And American guys
We'll always stand up and salute
We'll always recognize
When we see ole' glory flyin'
There's a lot of men dead
So we can sleep in peace at night
When we lay down our heads

My daddy served in the army
When he lost his right eye
But he flew a flag out in our yard
Till the day that he died
He wanted my mother
My brother
My sister and me
To grow up and live happy
In the land of the free

Now there's places that I love
That's fallen under attack
A mighty sucker punch came flyin' in
From somewhere in the back
Soon as we could see clearly
Through our big black eye
Man we lit up your world
Like a Fourth of July

Hey Uncle Sam put your name at the top of his list
And the Statue of Liberty started shaking her fists
And the people will fly
And it's gonna be hell
When you hear Mother Freedom start ringing her bells
And It'll feel like the whole wide world
Is raining down on you
Ohhh....
Brought to you courtesy...
Of the RED, WHITE, and BLUE

Oh..Justice will be served
And the battle will rage
This big dog will fight
when you rattle his cage
You'll be sorry that you messed with
the U S of A
Cause we'll put a boot in your ass
It's the American way

Hey Uncle Sam put your name at the top of his list
And the Statue of Liberty started shaking her fists
And the people will fly
And it's gonna be hell
When you hear Mother Freedom start ringing her bells
And It'll feel like the whole wide world
Is raining down on you
Ohhh....

Ohhh...
Ohhh....

Scott

[beer]

Link Posted: 6/13/2002 5:06:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I personally don't think he would have released this song before Sept. 11th, and something about that just puts it off for me. Kyle
View Quote

That would have been interesting. Would have made him one of Dionne's psychic friends, since the song is about us fighting back AFTER 9/11....

View Quote

Thank you for proving my point![:D]

What I meant was I don't think he would have released a patriotic song before 9/11, not just this particular one.

Kyle
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 5:08:07 PM EDT
[#15]
That was surely wonderful to hear.

Screw Peter Jennings and the fop he came in with!

Eric The(Patriotic)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 5:29:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Scott

View Quote

Or download an mp3 off of the net --- it's the communist way.

That gives me an idea...

View Quote

The site I listed, has the song downloadable as a WAV file.

BTW, the song plays on a continuous loop as long as you keep the page open....

Scott

Link Posted: 6/13/2002 10:29:26 PM EDT
[#17]
It is a good song. It's nice to hear more [i]good[/i] patriotic songs being sung lately.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 10:35:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
It is a good song. It's nice to hear more [i]good[/i] patriotic songs being sung lately.
View Quote

If I hear Lee Greenwoods "God Bless the U.S.A." one more time, I may go nuts.  It's a good song, but I've heard it way too many times since 9/11.  It's nice to have more modern patriotic songs, as it was out of fashion for so long.

Link Posted: 6/13/2002 10:38:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I may be in the minority here, but I don't like it (the song not the message). Something about the song and it timing seems a little too much like he is just jumping on the band wagon. I personally don't think he would have released this song before Sept. 11th, and something about that just puts it off for me. Also his recent stuff just hasn't been as good as the older songs.

Kyle
View Quote

Sadly, most people didn't get patriotic until after 9/11, and soon most people will be back to their old "it's just a piece of cloth" or "let's not judge" ways.  Patriotism won't last because it's hard to be patriotic and cynical at the same time, regardless of which side you lean on.

However, I have no problem with someone writing a patriotic song after a tragedy like 9/11 if that's how they truly feel.

BTW, do you read much Orson Scott Card?

Link Posted: 6/13/2002 10:43:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

If I hear Lee Greenwoods "God Bless the U.S.A." one more time, I may go nuts.  It's a good song, but I've heard it way too many times since 9/11.  It's nice to have more modern patriotic songs, as it was out of fashion for so long.

View Quote

That was from three wars ago. New war, new song

Scott

Link Posted: 6/14/2002 11:05:36 PM EDT
[#21]

Plays the song on a continuous loop as long as the site is open, and has the lyircs printed out....

Scott

P.S. I am all for moderation in how we speak here, okay? BUT CANADIAN PETER JENNINGS NNEDS TO KEEP HIS MONKEY-LICKING NOSE OUT OF [b]MY[/b] FREAKING FOURTH OF JULY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 6/15/2002 3:03:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I like this singer/song writer and his work better as a patriotic musician, and interestingly enough, he is a Canadian: [url]http://www.fredeaglesmith.com[/url]
One of his better songs (for this crowd anyway)
[url]http://www.jason.hammond.net/fsw/eaglesmith/tab/time_to_get_a_gun.txt[/url]

Kyle
View Quote

That is why it was just released last month.  He wrote the song a few days after 911, but he would only play it at concerts.  If you think his timing is bad, what about Alan Jackson's song?  It was played on the radio almost constantly since 911.  We had to wait until May 2002 to hear Toby's song on the radio!!!!
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 3:35:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 1:29:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Thank you for proving my point![:D]

What I meant was I don't think he would have released a patriotic song before 9/11, not just this particular one.

Kyle
View Quote

You know something about Toby the rest of us don't?  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top