Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Posted: 12/22/2003 11:40:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/22/2003 11:56:06 PM EDT by Az_Redneck]
A couple weeks ago I asked for prayer from you guys for my brother who was diagnosed with prostate cancer and they were doing extensive testing on him to see how far it has progressed....

Well, here's what has happened since that time:

His test to see if it has progressed to other organs and lymph nodes = NEGATIVE
His test to see if it has progressed to his bones = NEGATIVE

So, this meant that it was local in the prostate only. The Doctor said they need a margin of room in order to operate and that would take 4-5 months of therapy. He went and got a 2nd opinion. The doctor said there is a lot of room and they scheduled surgery for the 5th of January....

So, he's out of REAL serious danger, but still needs prayer for a quick and complete recovery. The doctor is confident it is only in the prostate and that he can get all of it during surgery.

His doctor is implanting a "pump" so he can resume semi-normal relations with his wife. The doctor said that he hopes his heart is in good shape because once the women find out they can "stay up" all night, they're in trouble..

Several spiritual things happened to him while going through this process. One I will speak of is when he was leaving the 1st doctors office who gave him the bad news to begin with. As he and his wife were driving home, some guy pulled next to him and motioned for his wife to roll down her window. She did and the guy yelled to my brother "GIVE IT TO GOD!"...My brother asked him to repeat himself and he said the same thing and then said he was diagnosed with prostate cancer, diabetes, and was a gang banger on drugs and God healed him. Now, my brother has never seen this guy before and he wasn't in the doctors office....Nobody knows where he came from, but I'll bet us Christians here do....

Edited cuz I kant spell
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 11:47:26 PM EDT
outstanding!  thats great news.  pass along my wishes for a speedy recovery!  prayer sent.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 11:49:37 PM EDT
That's wonderful. I'm sure he'll fully recover.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 11:50:30 PM EDT
God knows.[:D] & prayer sent.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 12:00:22 AM EDT
Not a real bible type but do beleive that there is a divine plan.  Good to hear the news.  And the guy with the message...  obviously he's a lunatic[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 4:19:37 AM EDT
Wonderful news. [beer]

Link Posted: 12/23/2003 4:27:27 AM EDT
Great news!

That is a great Chritmas gift. Enjoy it.

[beer]
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 4:31:39 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 4:35:45 AM EDT
Good News...Prayers are still being said for a safe recovery
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 5:09:38 AM EDT
[:D]
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 4:38:24 PM EDT

Hey Little Piggy Bro..

Didn't know about this. Glad to see he's going to be okay.

Prayers sent on speedy recovery.

I had knee surgery on Friday the 19th.

Give me a call about scoping out our hunt area next month.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 5:01:21 PM EDT
Glad to hear it!

His messengers show up in the strangest ways, don't they [;)]

Will pray that he recovers fully (and that his heart holds out [shock])

Link Posted: 12/23/2003 8:23:21 PM EDT
Glad to hear the great news Paul! Your brother still has a long road ahead of him, so my family and I will continue to pray for his return to good health.

Stay strong for him!

Neanderthal and family
Top Top