Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2006 3:33:18 PM EDT
While attending classes at Southern Virginia University, I have come into an interesting situation.  I have two well-to-do Africans (going to school here costs a little over 20k dollars a year) from Ghana who are quite eager for me to teach them how to shoot.  They asked "can you teach us to shoot military rifle?".  They are both pretty good guys from what I can gather, both are practicing mormons, so I am not worried about them being ROPers.  I am a little reluctant, but I think it would be an interesting experiance.  In exchange the one promises to show me in person how to chase a deer down on foot and kill it with a club. What do you all think?

-Ben
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:35:08 PM EDT
[#1]
It'd be worth it to watch him chase a deer on foot
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:36:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Tell him to make it a buffalo and he's got a deal.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:39:14 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It'd be worth it to watch him chase a deer on foot

I was All American in track...and he beat me sprinting across a soccar field...I honestly believe he might be able to do it if he got the jump on his prey.

-Ben
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:39:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I wouldn't do it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:40:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Sure, why not. Supply them both with a rifle. Line them up back to back. Have them step off ten paces and commence firing. The one left standing gets the diploma.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:46:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Sure.  Worth it for the deer clubbing.  And, if they aren't bad guys, it'll be good to give them an edge over the competition when they get back home.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:13:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Not only show them HOW to shoot them, But also take some time to show them how to MAINTAIN them as well, You know, basic field strip & clean, replacing small parts like firing pin, extractor (AR) clear jams etc, to me this is as important as hitting the target. Knowing how to maintain a rifle will really help them when they get home.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:56:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Make them run along side the deer and then shoot it to make sure it is taken by legal means.

I can see it now, bow season, gun season and then clubbing season.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:19:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Not only show them HOW to shoot them, But also take some time to show them how to MAINTAIN them as well, You know, basic field strip & clean, replacing small parts like firing pin, extractor (AR) clear jams etc, to me this is as important as hitting the target. Knowing how to maintain a rifle will really help them when they get home.

Yep.
Always good to have someone who wants to learn.
So many of the people I try to teach how to shoot are just chickysnacks who are humoring me.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 11:27:35 PM EDT
[#10]
teach them, teach them well. Teach ANYONE who wants to learn. Allies are allies.

Those we snub, especially domestically, can come back and work against us later.

Ne Expert
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:13:00 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
teach them, teach them well. Teach ANYONE who wants to learn. Allies are allies.

Those we snub, especially domestically, can come back and work against us later.

Ne Expert

My contentions exactly.

Why would you NOT teach them?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top