Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 6/20/2002 5:36:25 PM EDT
OK, here are 01 & 02 LEGP #74's... As of now, they are both unfired. I just can't decide if should keep them unfired until I have the set! I have other ARs so its not like I NEED to fire them but, its just plain sad to set them in the back of the safe and try to avoid making eye contact with them every weekend when I pull out all the other ARs and take them out for a good time... I feel like such a bad father! What to do? I would appreciate some serious advice here, especially on the value appreciation/collectibility argument. [img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/FMJunkie%2FIM000302%2Ejpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 5:38:48 PM EDT
Your hooks are not lined up straight, that would drive me nuts! [smash] Bill3508
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 5:39:56 PM EDT
Oh, I forgot, I would shoot it, but I don't have any? [:(] Bill3508
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 5:41:35 PM EDT
I've shot both of mine. I don't buy guns to collect them. I buy them to shoot. I wouldn't expect the value of the rifles to be greater just because they say AR15.com on them. They are a great value and the engraving makes them more valuable to me but probably not to many others. Just shoot them and enjoy them. I know that I have.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 5:47:53 PM EDT
Originally Posted By bill3508: Your hooks are not lined up straight, that would drive me nuts! [smash] Bill3508
View Quote
There are 10 sets of hooks on that wall and that is the only set that is off!! Figures I would photograph that set...
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 5:50:07 PM EDT
Women were made to love. Money was made to spend. Guns were made to shoot.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 5:52:11 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Aggie1: I've shot both of mine. I don't buy guns to collect them. I buy them to shoot. I wouldn't expect the value of the rifles to be greater just because they say AR15.com on them. They are a great value and the engraving makes them more valuable to me but probably not to many others. Just shoot them and enjoy them. I know that I have.
View Quote
The only reason I am thinking about the value is because I saw several 01 LEGPs sell for 800-1200 at the beginning of the 02 sale. At a price of $660 (IIRC) that's a pretty good appreciation after a year... I don't know. There is something that is appealing to me about having a 5 year series of numbered, limited production rifles that are NIB. Then again, I can't believe I am even saying that as I have been known to buy a gun, go directly from the store to the range, clean it on the firing line and start shooting it! I think I shoulda bought two...
Top Top