Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/22/2004 8:04:44 AM EDT
Today it was my extreme honor and privilege to cast my ballot free of oppression or coercion. As I approached the voting booth, I became overwhelmed with a sense of deep appreciation and duty, my thoughts went to images of soldiers on battlefields from Valley Forge, to Gettysburg, to France in two World Wars, to the beaches of Normandy, to the frozen forrests of the the Ardennes and North Korea. From the sweaty jungles of Vietnam to the burning sands of Afghanistan and Iraq, these citizens have killed, blead, and died for the promise of freedom for themselves and future generations.

I, a regular civie, have the previlege of growing up, living my life and raising my children with all of the benefits and rights of a free man having paid no price for it. The price of freedom is a heavy cost, and each generation is responsible to carry their portion. I have never been more proud to be an American and to have fellow citizens that have answered the call of a nation in wartime and peace to carry that load. It is with extreme honor and respect that I say thank you to all our service men and women.

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:26:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Here, Here

Long may she wave!
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:33:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:33:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 9:04:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Your welcome and +1!!!

archer2
MSGT, USAF, Ret  1976-2000
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 9:07:54 AM EDT
[#5]
No thanks is needed.

Its an honor to serve this country, and I am thankfull to the citizens for allowing me the privilege.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 9:19:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Someone else says thanks to and some free food

www.goldencorral.com/PromoSpec.htm

For all the vets out there....

Golden Corral's Fourth Annual
2004 Military Appreciation Monday
Free dinner to our nation's military, past and present
To show our thanks
Monday Night November 15, 2004 from 5-9PM

Veterans' Day honors our military personnel, past and present, for their willingness to serve and sacrifice for the common good. All 400+ Golden Corral restaurants spanning 39 states join together once again to offer these patriots a Free "Thank-you" Dinner Buffet on Monday Night November 15th from 5-9PM.  

The offer is based on the honor system, no ID required; members of U.S. Reserves and National Guard are included in this special recognition offer.  

Once again the Disabled American Veterans Organization with 2.3 million disabled veterans, their families and survivors, will have members in the restaurants to distribute literature, sign up new members and volunteers, and accept donations in support of the DAV.  

An estimated 252,000 veterans attended last year helping this event raise over $241,000 for the DAV

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 9:22:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Amen!
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 9:24:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Thank you, you're welcome.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 9:24:48 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Today it was my extreme honor and privilege to cast my ballot free of oppression or coercion. As I approached the voting booth, I became overwhelmed with a sense of deep appreciation and duty, my thoughts went to images of soldiers on battlefields from Valley Forge, to Gettysburg, to France in two World Wars, to the beaches of Normandy, to the frozen forrests of the the Ardennes and North Korea. From the sweaty jungles of Vietnam to the burning sands of Afghanistan and Iraq, these citizens have killed, blead, and died for the promise of freedom for themselves and future generations.

I, a regular civie, have the previlege of growing up, living my life and raising my children with all of the benefits and rights of a free man having paid no price for it. The price of freedom is a heavy cost, and each generation is responsible to carry their portion. I have never been more proud to be an American and to have fellow citizens that have answered the call of a nation in wartime and peace to carry that load. It is with extreme honor and respect that I say thank you to all our service men and women.

+1
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 9:27:02 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
No thanks is needed.

Its an honor to serve this country, and I am thankfull to the citizens for allowing me the privilege.

Amen.

Oh........ You're very welcome!
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 9:36:25 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
No thanks is needed.

+1
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:18:33 PM EDT
[#12]
shameless bump for the night crew
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:23:39 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
No thanks is needed.

+1

+2
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:31:57 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
No thanks is needed.

+1

+2

+3
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:42:19 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Thank you sir for saying the words I have wanted to say
but could not have said them so eloquently.

All I have ever been able to muster is Thank You

And I will say them again THANK YOU
We are free, We are safe, and We are proud.
Thanks to those that serve.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:48:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks dude, I'm honored
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:47:47 AM EDT
[#17]
GOD BLESS AMERICA, LAND THAT I LOVE!
You're welcome!  Just make sure you get all your friends out to vote for Bush....serving with Klinton was bad enough, and I damn sure don't want to finish up my career with sKerry at the helm and wearing a UN patch on my sleeve
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:59:45 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
You're welcome!  Just make sure you get all your friends out to vote for Bush....serving with Klinton was bad enough, and I damn sure don't want to finish up my career with sKerry at the helm and wearing a UN patch on my sleeve

BIG FAT +1. That Klinton fucker really screwed shit up didn't he?  We should have a support group over in the veterans forum.

Oh yeah, Welcome.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:02:01 AM EDT
[#19]
+1

I love this country!
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:12:17 AM EDT
[#20]
supersix4,

You are much more than "a regular civie."  By exercising your right to vote, and voting for the values this great nation represents, you have made an incredible contribution.

Your contribution makes my 20 years in the military that much more worthwhile.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:08:24 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
You're welcome.  And I too thank my fellow vets.  And offer my appreciation to our upstanding citizenry.

It doesn't take a battle front to maintain freedom.  The vote you cast today does that.

So thank you, sir for exercising your rights and promoting the democratic ways of our republic.

+1

Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:15:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Thank you sir! It was my pleasure. Our country is the absolute greatest country in the world and I would do it again in a heart beat! We all share a wonderful place and that place is the UNITED STATES of AMERICA! Thank you for voting and for your kind words. Take care.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:25:23 AM EDT
[#23]
+10

thanks and your welcome!

(just went past 11 TIS years last month)
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:35:05 AM EDT
[#24]
tag
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 8:10:24 AM EDT
[#25]
+1

Link Posted: 10/23/2004 8:37:07 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
supersix4,

You are much more than "a regular civie."  By exercising your right to vote, and voting for the values this great nation represents, you have made an incredible contribution.

Your contribution makes my 20 years in the military that much more worthwhile.

Thank you.

Backstop, thank you for your service, its men like you that make this nation a wonderful place to live and raise a family. God bless you and yours
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 8:55:44 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
God bless you and yours

Thank you, sir.  The same to you and yours.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top