Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/6/2003 7:23:31 PM EDT
this looks like an interesting funeral tradition:

[url]http://www.edeil.com/per/1guai/bbs/showtopic.asp?TOPIC_ID=540&Forum_ID=58[/url]

[RED]WARNING: GRAPHIC PICTURES!!![/RED]
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 7:36:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I can't read British so I have no idea what the accompanying text was, but what the heck was going on besides cutting up a dude and feeding him to birds?
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 7:38:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I want to be shot out of a giant cannon - like the one out of Jules Verne's book.  [:D]
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 7:43:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Soilent green is made of people!!!
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 7:45:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, buzzards gotta eat, same as the worms...

DK-Prof, I have thought about getting cremated and having my ashes loaded into a fireworks display.  I didn't think about getting launched from Big Bertha....I wonder if they would bring the grand old gal out of retirement?
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 7:48:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I would like to be creamated and have the ashes mixed with a couple of gallons of 110 octane gasoline, then be blown through the pipes of my Firebird.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 7:53:23 PM EDT
[#6]
The other thing that would be fun is to have your corpse mailed to someone you don't like.

hehe - the more I think about it, the better an idea it is [:D]
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 3:41:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Why'd they go to all that trouble of cutting it up?  The Buzzards could have done that themselves.
Wierd.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 3:53:12 AM EDT
[#8]
[shock] Why did the look on the corpses face keep changing. [shock]  Man those vultures could have made quick work of that old dude without him being carved up into bite size pieces.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 4:06:45 AM EDT
[#9]
WTF?
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 4:38:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Why'd they go to all that trouble of cutting it up?  The Buzzards could have done that themselves.
Wierd.
View Quote

The buzzards would have striped the flesh from the bones.  By cutting him up into small chunks it allows more birds to eat at once rather than fighting over the body.  The bones are broken/ground down and mixed with the meat so that nothing is left.  From what I understand it's a practice in cultures where wood is scarce.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top