Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2008 4:58:16 AM EDT
I have to be at a wedding on Saturday morning.  I was planning on driving, but the person I was going to be driving with bailed on me.  My brother said he would go with me to replace my first co-driver but then his girlfriend started bitching at him because they had plans so he chose pie over me (can't say I blame him).  

I will be driving from Western NY state to the Minneapolis MN area.  I've been told it's about 16 hours.  If I drive I have to leave from work tomorrow afternoon.  I have to be back at work on Tuesday.

I can fly on Friday and be back Sunday or Monday and it will be about $400.00 or so.

I really don't feel like dealing with the TSA bullshit or getting dicked around by the airlines, but spending 32 hours driving for about 36 hours of actually being there sucks too.

Advice?

-K
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 5:02:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I fly a lot. If you spend a few seconds thinking about how you pack, then a few more thinking before you enter the security line, it goes off without a hitch. Have a plan and execute the plan.

I would never drive that long for such a short stay. YMMV.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 5:03:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Send a check and stay home.
Chances are they may be divorced in 5 years anyway
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 5:04:53 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I fly a lot. If you spend a few seconds thinking about how you pack, then a few more thinking before you enter the security line, it goes off without a hitch. Have a plan and execute the plan.

I would never drive that long for such a short stay. YMMV.

+1
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 5:33:16 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a training class that I chose to drive too that is 500 miles away in two weeks.  My employer will be reimbursing me for gas.  I like to drive and not deal with TSA.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 5:39:13 AM EDT
[#5]
I think that by the fourth quarter, we may be rid of some very old, shitty airlines.

Airlines are losing money, big time.

SO, how do they look to make this up?  Why, by totally pissing off all potential customers!

Charge extra for a SINGLE checked bag.  WEIGH passengers to determine their ticket price.  Treat passengers worse than dirt.

They have some real geniuses running things.

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 4:03:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm posting this from an airport bar and grille.  

TSA isnt that bad.  I got through security with my carry on bag full of machine parts.  Some that resemble 12 inch long pipes.  I thought for sure that I would be pulled aside.

I'd much rather spend a few hours in the air than a few days on the road.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 4:05:12 PM EDT
[#7]
fly dude... 16 hours is a long as drive
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top