Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2002 3:12:53 AM EDT
I live near the Pointe at South Mountian in Awahtukee- Phoenix....

Last month just before xmas I caught a guy looking into my neighbors windows at 430 in the morning.  

The police never caught him and I thought I had scared him enough that he would never come back....now this morning about 30 minutes ago (0400) I was on the back porch dreaming of naked women and all was quiet.....heard some soft footsteps and looked down there was someone looking and crouching by that same window....I ran inside to grab the cell and when I came out the front of the house close to where he had been, he was gone around the side of the house....calling 911 as I run after him, don't find shit....come back empty handed....cops came, said thanks, but you know what? unless you grab the s.o.b. and pin his ass down....there prolly wont be jack shit anyone can do, there just too many pplaces to hide and one cop shows up....ugghhh.

Funny thing is, these kids are in school at ASU and are as clean cut as they come, nothing weird going on there...they don't have much to steal.

I mentioned the previous attempt to the cop, who said it's because this place is an easy target....hmmmmm

I dont know if this was the same perp as last time because I couldn't get a good look at him...but I could see the kind of movement that told me he was trying to slide open a window...

I hate bad guys.

Link Posted: 1/19/2002 3:39:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Are you sure it isn't one of the occupants trying to sneak in after an all nighter? If it's a bona fide badguy then just put a .22 short behind his ear and go back to sleep. When the crack detective squad asks if you know anything, deny all.
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 3:43:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Let the dogs loose on him!

I don't know how rural your neighborhood is but how about firing a 12 gauge into the air and shouting something like, "I'll be waiting for you next time!"
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 3:51:02 AM EDT
[#3]
You need a dog.  One of sufficient size and temperment to handle certain matters entirely on its own.
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 4:08:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Everyone woke up and all the college kids were home asleep....we talked about it & it wasnt one of them....

I should have mentioned this is an apt complex.  I do have a dog, he just happens to be 8 weeks old...

Link Posted: 1/19/2002 4:13:38 AM EDT
[#5]
I hear you Satcong...mine will turn 5 months old the 22nd.  Still way to young to be effective.
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 5:48:27 AM EDT
[#6]
My undergrad degree is in criminology...
When they survey convicted housebreakers, which you see a lot of the information reported in the womens mags, the number one response is never reported.
They report the bushes being trimmed, and the lighting, and the alarm stickers...
but crooks tell their own families to get a gun, and when they see anything like what you described, shoot as the person is running away.
Once the word gets out 'that your house shoots' you shouldn't have too many more problems.
Of course, there is a slight legal problem with that course of action, so that's a decision to make there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top