Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2002 7:03:29 PM EDT
Here is the question,my son-in-law has a 1964 Lemans convertible he wants to sell.   He has no computer so wants to use mine for his connection to ebay.    I know from what I have been reading on ebays tutorial that you can put it up for about five days,but it doesn't say what the cost will be for such a deal.

I understand they get a percentage of the finalized deal,He wants ten thousand,but would take a quick buy of eight.   But they would take there % weather it gets sold or not!   Has anybody else ever sold a car there?  Are you better off just taking pictures ,and advertising at local store bull boards?    

With them your first picture is free,other pictures are only 0.15 apiece.  But would like to know If anybody has used this service,and is it worth it?

He Is coming over sunday to look it over himself,to see if its worth the effort.   I told him there are people at ebay that pay 400.00 for a 100.00 stripped lower, so whats up with that place.       Thanks in advance for any help,or comments.    

Bob     [8D]
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 7:09:11 PM EDT
[#1]
You will pay a $40 listing fee to list a car,

(its outragous!!, I know.) It used to be alot cheaper but Ebay is getting greedy.

and if it sells ebay will take another. $40 but if it sells and the buyer doesnt follow through (which is usually the case with cars on ebay) ebay will still take the final $40 (right off your credit card)and it takes about 60 days to get it back.

Ive done lots of business on ebay, so If your going to list it email me and Ill give you some tips to get the most money out of the car.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top