Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/3/2005 2:40:08 PM EDT
The blazer needs new tires BADLY, and so far the best I can find are these: www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Cross+Terrain+SUV&partnum=375SR5CTSUVOWL&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&place=17
They were highly recommended at Costco, and the price is right.  Costco has a $50 Michelin coupon good through tomorrow.
Anyone with a Blazer have good or bad luck with any tire?  Im in Michigan, so snow traction is a must!
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:43:32 PM EDT
[#1]
BFG All Terrains.

'nuff said.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:46:43 PM EDT
[#2]
"Confusing" isn't the word!

That said, I've had BFG AT's recommended for my Trooper, as well.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:56:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
"Confusing" isn't the word! hat

What year trooper? :D
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:57:16 PM EDT
[#4]

I'm planning on lifting it 2 inches then putting some 32" BFGAT's on it. It currently has 29's.

Should make for a nice lift!
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:59:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I'm planning on lifting it 2 inches then putting some 32" BFGAT's on it. It currently has 29's.

Should make for a nice lift! hr

Oh, you have one of the nice smooth ones. I have an 88, someday I'm going to paint it camo and make it look like some euro military landrover thang.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:16:07 PM EDT
[#6]
cant find a BFG AT for my truck.
edit: nm, found at costco.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:17:03 PM EDT
[#7]
really?

I think a 30x9.5" R15 would fit fine and be easy to find?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:28:49 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The blazer needs new tires BADLY, and so far the best I can find are these: www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Cross+Terrain+SUV&partnum=375SR5CTSUVOWL&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&place=17
They were highly recommended at Costco, and the price is right.  Costco has a $50 Michelin coupon good through tomorrow.
Anyone with a Blazer have good or bad luck with any tire?  Im in Michigan, so snow traction is a must!

If you ever take it off road: These
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:34:12 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you ever take it off road: These

I dont really hit the dirt much, but when I go to my parents house, I do take it out back in the farms and stuff.
However, there is plenty of snow in this damned state.  Are those tires very loud?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:36:51 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
BFG All Terrains.

'nuff said.

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:38:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Looked at the Cross Terrains for my 99 Blazer and went with Goodyear Forteras instead(on sale at the moment ) - Good all season performance and minimal wear after 30K miles (OEM tires were worn at 25K)

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:39:38 PM EDT
[#12]
I second the recommendation on the Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo's.  I got a set put on my Jeep Grand Cherokee about a month ago.  I can't hear any increase in noise over my old cheap tires.

John
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:41:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Costco and Michelin.  A perfectly matched pair of assholes.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:42:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Honestly go to Tire Discounters. I don't know if you have them where you live at but all the ones I ever went to were great. They never sold me anything that I did not need. Always helpful. One time I was out of town in MD (brother in the Navy was at the nael hospital) and wife fubar'ed one of the tires. They gave her one (used) for free. When I got back I bought a new one and offered the tire back they told me to keep it. That is the one place I will drop off my car / truck and leave and feel comfortable not worrying about some young punk messing up my ride. One time I was at Wallmart getting my oil changed, I seen this kid trying to change a tire and it would not come off of the car. I shit you not he went and got a 10 pound sledge hammer and pounded it off of the car (needless to say Wallmart that day bought them a new rim). I was like "That dumb S**T is not to touch my truck at all".
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:47:34 PM EDT
[#15]
I have a set of these on my pickup.

www.tiresavings.com/tireShop.php?action=findMan2&tirename=Discoverer+ATR&season=Regular

Quiet, smooth riding and work great in the snow or mud.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:01:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Discount tire . com go to the web site type in the info it ask for and there U go. It even tells where the store is near you. And they tell U if there are in stock in the store before U go.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:03:45 PM EDT
[#17]
I have 36's on my Blazer......
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:03:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Yeah, it's mind boggling. With such a complex thought process involved in buying tires, one has to wonder how man learned to harnass fire.

Man up and go buy some BF Goodrich All Terrains. Don't all males know that by age 12?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:12:57 PM EDT
[#20]
I just put a set of Bridgestone Dueler HTs on my wife's Trailblazer.  So far their quiet enough and should be fine for winter driving.  A big concern of mine was not putting something that would eat up more gas or be too loud.  I put a set of Goodyear Viva 2s on my S10.  Their pasenger car tires but they get a little better mileage and are very quiet.  Plus they only cost $270 OTD!  The Dueler HTs were a little under $400 OTD.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:13:52 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm happy with mine, but I'll probably go the T/A's for better offroad next
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:16:49 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
BFG All Terrains.

'nuff said.

I've owned two sets of BFG All Terrains, I didn't like them because they threw too many rock into my fenders.  I now run Bridgestone Dueler ATs.  My last set I paid $500 for them and got 60,000 miles out them, never had a flat, threw only a few rocks, ride was great (for a 3500 pickup), and they were quite.

Michelin makes an awesome tire, but be prepared to pay.  Top Quality isn't ever cheap.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:29:36 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
really?

I think a 30x9.5" R15 would fit fine and be easy to find?

Bingo.....give the man a ceeegar....

I just put those exact tires on my '99 blazer not 3 weeks ago.

Stock tires are 29's, but I figured I had enough clearance for 30's and I was right.

Damn thing eats up the trails now.  Quite literally, getting there IS half the fun.

Chris
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:30:44 PM EDT
[#24]
I've had 4 sets of These
good life, good traction.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:02:14 PM EDT
[#25]
My ZR2 Blazer came with BF Goodrich Long Trail tires. Pretty good for highway, not much for offroad.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:50:21 PM EDT
[#26]
I put the Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo's on my ZR2 Blazer just lat week. They are even quieter than the Michelin XC tires I replaced and seem to give comparable mileage so far.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:03:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Hey more ZR2 owners!
Either of you on ZR2.com or ZR2NW.com??
I just put a set of BFG AT's on my ZR2 Blazer a month ago and love 'em! Americas Tire hooked me up.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:01:28 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Hey more ZR2 owners!
I just put a set of BFG AT's on my ZR2 Blazer a month ago and love 'em! Americas Tire hooked me up.

I do visit ZR2.com occasionally, but I am no longer a member. I have had my Blazer for 7 years and 92,000 miles (bought it new in 98). It is great offroad and in the snow. Hasn't let me down yet.

John
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:24:04 PM EDT
[#29]
There are plenty of good tires that will fit your truck.

I can personally reccomend Cooper Discoverer Radials, Mastercraft Courser AWT, Dayton Timberline LT, and RVT Radial Wide Climbers.  I had these in 235 - 75R15 like yours, but 30X9.5 R15 should fit just fine too - and give you a little bit of lift.  

BFG makes great tires - but they're owned by the French, so I won't buy them.  As for Goodyears, I won't ever buy a set of Goodyear tires after the experience I've had with them on my '05 Wrangler.  I'll probably go with Cooper or Interco.  

-K
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:30:02 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey more ZR2 owners!

I do visit ZR2.com occasionally, but I am no longer a member. I have had my Blazer for 7 years and 92,000 miles (bought it new in 98). It is great offroad and in the snow. Hasn't let me down yet.

John

I'm also a member at ZR2.com, in fact, that site is how I found this site. I bought my ZR2 Blazer used 2 years ago, also 98 model. It's the only one I have seen with a 5-speed. I've got 102k on mine. I'm definately going with BF Goodrich AT's next time.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:59:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Confused shopping for tires??? I don't get it... Do you have problems tying your shoes in the morning too?

http://www.procomptires.com/

nuff said.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:37:45 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey more ZR2 owners!

John

I'm also a member at ZR2.com, in fact, that site is how I found this site. I bought my ZR2 Blazer used 2 years ago, also 98 model. It's the only one I have seen with a 5-speed. I've got 102k on mine. I'm definately going with BF Goodrich AT's next time.

Yeah thos 5-speeds are a rare breed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top