Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/2/2002 4:21:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/2/2002 4:22:44 PM EDT by lordtrader]
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 4:24:19 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 4:25:41 PM EDT
I don't mean to be too critical, but this is old technology. I remember hearing of this back in the early to mid nineties. I'm pretty sure it's been around for a while, but it's jsut becoming more cost effective nowadays.
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 4:30:13 PM EDT
Originally Posted By lordtrader: Oh here's a scary thought. What if the Gov't is already doing this everytime you go in for an invasive surgery that requires general anesthesia. Hmmmm......
View Quote
No need for scary thoughts. People will soon think this is a wonderful idea. Criminal Identity Theft grows worse every year. Notice all the small children disappearing lately? What an excellent way to keep that from happening. You can sell anything, it is just how you present it. "Imagine walking into store, selecting anything you want, and walking right out without having to wait in line? Your purchase would automatically deducted from your account as you pass out of the store." [img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/sadness.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 4:33:31 PM EDT
can I order my chip in 666 please?
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 4:34:40 PM EDT
As of about beginning of July, people were starting to microchip kids. It's happening now. -hanko
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 4:36:45 PM EDT
[url]http://www.digitalangel.net[/url] has already developed an internally implantable tracking device that can pinpoint your GPS position via satellite. The first ones to get them will be parolees. Wait and see. It will be embraced with open arms.
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 4:39:21 PM EDT
In the early '90's we used chips to mark our birds, emu, ostrich, rheas, sort of like a brand on cattle. Used magnetic readers to scan the numbers. Also heard on the radio today the kidnapping rate for kids was down from last year, which was also down from the year before. If I can find a link I will post it... fullclip
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 4:39:40 PM EDT
Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present to you the [url=http://www.infowars.com/microchips.html]Digital Angel[/url]
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 4:41:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/2/2002 4:46:12 PM EDT by CAPITALIST]
Remember when I brought this up a while back[;)][url]http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=115510&w=searchPop [/url] Its just a matter of time
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 4:43:18 PM EDT
Old news. Been around for years. Neighbor had their cat chipped: made identifying the roadkill easier. I've heard lots of talk about offering the service to worried parents--mostly from high tech marketing types. Introduce it as a way to track your kids. Say they can take it out later. Some government agency decides they're the greatest identification method since the social security number (Or the military decides they're better than dog tags). The software companies want to get in on the money wagon too. Companies like Oracle and Sybase are developing versions of their database software to handle the expected flood of info from homeland defense national IDs. BTW I don't look good in tin foil, so I built myself a Faraday Cage.
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 4:44:45 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 4:46:58 PM EDT
Both our doggies are chipped. Most responsible breeders chip their puppies. Just common sense. The digital angel stuff is scary though.
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 4:47:09 PM EDT
Originally Posted By BenDover: [url]http://www.digitalangel.net[/url] has already developed an internally implantable tracking device that can pinpoint your GPS position via satellite. The first ones to get them will be parolees. Wait and see. It will be embraced with open arms.
View Quote
I think that all Government Agents should be required to have the GPS enabled version of this chip implanted in them. Bill
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 4:47:12 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 4:49:24 PM EDT
This is way old news... if you were in the Army in the late 80s-early 90s, they but one of these in your rear area when they were giving out "innoculations." They changed the location after McVeigh blabbed, so I don't know where they put them now.
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 4:52:38 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 5:04:04 PM EDT
I bought 50k sahres of htis company back when it was hovering in the $1.60 a share catagory. It is a long term hold, maybe another 6 years or so, looking to sell at or around $50.00 a share. Biblical portends aside, it is good technology, and will make money. (Stock Ticker: DOC - AMEX)
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 5:14:36 PM EDT
heilo - their original marketing pitch was for foreign dignitaries and potential kidnap targets (wealthy) if I remember correctly?
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 6:02:37 PM EDT
Yup, now they have broadened into the "save the Kids" market and the convience market (Cashless purchases). Their stock works for me.
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 6:04:18 PM EDT
Ever buy a GPS system? When you send in the warranty card, you might notice that the serial number is on it, and after you fill in the info, your name is also on it, and your address, etc. Now, when you want that satellite to tell you where you are, it will tell you...And maybe it will also tell someone else who has bought your info from the company that made the GPS. My TF hat is beginning to itch...LOL
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 6:09:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/2/2002 6:11:10 PM EDT by smarty_pants]
THE ONLY CHIPS YOUR GET'N IN ME ARE RANCH![%(] Maybe BBQ.........maybe[:\]
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 6:11:56 PM EDT
Originally Posted By natez: This is way old news... if you were in the Army in the late 80s-early 90s, they but one of these in your rear area when they were giving out "innoculations." They changed the location after McVeigh blabbed, so I don't know where they put them now.
View Quote
I was in the Army from '88 to '92. People have always told me I have a chip on my shoulder...now I guess I have a matching one in my a$$! Bradd
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 7:01:17 PM EDT
microchips in pets ehy, [img]http://zapatopi.net/afdb/dogafdb.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 8:34:01 PM EDT
There was a news report not long ago showing a family getting chips with encoded medical data implanted. [puke]
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 8:52:01 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Kaesan: There was a news report not long ago showing a family getting chips with encoded medical data implanted. [puke]
View Quote
You are right sir. I remember it too...
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 9:02:25 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DevilsAdvocate:
Originally Posted By Kaesan: There was a news report not long ago showing a family getting chips with encoded medical data implanted. [puke]
View Quote
View Quote
You mean it will save lives? Well then, that's OK! Baaaaa (How come there's no icon for sheep?)
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 7:31:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/3/2002 7:31:41 PM EDT by mattsd]
Originally Posted By talbalos:
Originally Posted By DevilsAdvocate:
View Quote
View Quote
You mean it will save lives? Well then, that's OK! Baaaaa (How come there's no icon for sheep?)
View Quote
saw this on TV last night on PBS. it was a BBC news program. a girls parents had her "LOJACKED" to prevent kidnapping
Top Top