Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2015 11:24:47 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/14/2015 11:30:07 PM EST by AASG]
Went to the doctor today. Weighed 280 (with cloths) I estimate 270 without.
Approx 7 years ago I weighed 300 and lost over a hundred (I think I was down to a very muscled 189). Over the years I broke my leg in a motorcycle wreck, ballooned up from not being able to walk for 7~ months (250~) Then I actually got a VERY active/physical job, then quit it when offered a "better" job, that job was comletely sedentary and a weird shift that had my sleep pattern messed up. I got laid off from that job after only 6 months. I'm planning on taking some "me time" now and getting back into shape.
Anyways, I'm sure I'll be posting more in this forum for a while. Wish me luck.

ETA: I'm not sure if I want to pay up to join a gym 35 miles away, or clean out my home gym. I'm going to try to do most of my cardio as walking & bikeing on the road in front of my home, but of course winter is a bad time for that.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 8:43:06 AM EST
No need to drive to the gym, you have a perfectly good kitchen in your house.

If you are 80+ lbs over weight you have an eating problem not a working out problem. Fix your diet first or you will just be wasting your time on the treadmill.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 3:01:47 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KaiK:
No need to drive to the gym, you have a perfectly good kitchen in your house.

If you are 80+ lbs over weight you have an eating problem not a working out problem. Fix your diet first or you will just be wasting your time on the treadmill.
View Quote

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I know I need to eat differently. I also know from past expieriance that just "dieting" won't get the results I want. I'm not sure if all those supplemts work or not, I used to be a believer but I developed some medical problems that I thought may have been caused by taking supplements before, so I'm going to try to get into shape without it this time. Not sure if I should concentrate on cardio or weights, given I won't be taking supplements? I deffinently want to be muscled though. I always have been muscled. I used to be able to install a transmission in a truck without a tranny jack, hold it up with one hand while puting in the bolts with the other hand.
At that one job I mentioned that I said was "very physical", we did a thing there called "throwing truck", we unloaded an 18 wheeler by hand (most of the freight was not on pallets) So I unloaded I estimate 20,000+ pounds of freight all by hand in about 2.5 hours, just one person in the truck. I weighed 250~ then and fealt pretty good really. I'm trying to get that job back. I need to get in shape just to go back there, I'd probably die if they called me to go do that tonight. I've seen people carried out of the truck a few times.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 4:11:59 PM EST
Exercise helps but it can't overcome a bad diet. One big brownie is about 500 calories. That's an hour walking a treadmill. You need to count every calorie and exercise accordingly.

Want to get strong, do heavy compound lifts.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 11:44:17 PM EST
Exercise helps but it can't overcome a bad diet. One big brownie is about 500 calories. That's an hour walking a treadmill. You need to count every calorie and exercise accordingly.

View Quote

mmmmmmmm brownies
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 12:15:44 AM EST
Originally Posted By Castillo:

mmmmmmmm brownies
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

mmmmmmmm brownies

+1

I fuckin LOVE brownies.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:29:31 AM EST
Originally Posted By PantherArms762:

+1

I fuckin LOVE brownies.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PantherArms762:

mmmmmmmm brownies

+1

I fuckin LOVE brownies.

Who doesn't? And now I want a brownie.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:38:55 AM EST
Fuck you all. I'm going to buy brownie mix.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 5:25:10 PM EST
Did someone say brownies?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 5:47:31 PM EST
Originally Posted By fishstix:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:16:37 PM EST
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fishstix:

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?id=HN.608026632062697916&pid=15.1&P=0

gahh
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:22:02 PM EST
Fuck you guys and your normal brownies. Ima go eat me some Colorado brownies!!!!

Top Top