Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2005 8:34:07 PM EDT
Ok with gas now going to at least 3+ per gallon, is it worth the safety risk of buying a motorcycle? Do they get around 50+ miles per gallon? If so, I would consider buying to just go back and forth to work and running around. Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:34:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes!  Buy one!  They are fun!
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:36:01 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Ok with gas now going to at least 3+ per gallon, is it worth the safety risk of buying a motorcycle? Do they get around 50+ miles per gallon? If so, I would consider buying to just go back and forth to work and running around. Any thoughts?

Get a TDI Jetta.  I get 50 on the highway and 42 in town.  Turbo charged and responsive.
Plus it stays dry in the rain...  

TDI Club
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:38:31 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I had a cycle when I was younger and they are a blast! What should I look for in size and brand?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:39:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Yes.........

Now go away, we're talking about looters tonight
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:41:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Yes.........

hum....ok   LOSER
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:43:18 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yes.........

hum....ok   LOSER

Maybe buy a sense of humor, while you're at it too, dumbass....  

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:44:41 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I had a cycle when I was younger and they are a blast! What should I look for in size and brand?

Well, I'm a sportbike junkie, but an SV650 is a good all-around choice IMO.  You really have to shop around and check out what you like and talk to some riders on the motorcycle forums.  I'm out of the loop and haven't had a bike in a few years unfortunately.  Everyone has their own opinion on what's the best, just like cars or trucks.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:45:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yes.........

hum....ok   LOSER

Ok   I'll buy the "sense of humor" if you will purchase the sarcasm   "dipshit"  

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:45:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes, I ride its the best.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:46:56 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, I'm a sportbike junkie, but an SV650 is a good all-around choice IMO.  You really have to shop around and check out what you like and talk to some riders on the motorcycle forums.  I'm out of the loop and haven't had a bike in a few years unfortunately.  Everyone has their own opinion on what's the best, just like cars or trucks.

thanks for the info and I will check it out
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:51:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Riding is fun but if you are only going for the gas mileage you can get cars that get the MPG as a bigger bike  and if you really  rip on one they get pretty crappy mileage  I miss my CBR
or you could get a 100 MPG scooter
but  really  i thougt about getting a scooter in this little town
a pretty nice one is less than 2K new
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:52:53 PM EDT
[#12]
I have been looking, just havent finalized what I want yet.

I think I know what my hesitation is from. Very sad to say, it looks like its going to be an import. We only have Harleys and they dont do anythig for me. That rat-tat-tat-tat shit is not for me at all.

Kinda looks like its a toss up between a Kaw 650 Dual Sport or a Goldwing. <sigh>

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:54:04 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yes.........

hum....ok   LOSER

Hard to see any 'sarcasm' in being called a LOSER, when my post was clearly a light-hearted goof...

So sorry it got you all wound up....

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:57:10 PM EDT
[#14]
I have a Ducati and 2 hondas and love them. The last Honda 954 I had only got about 38 mpg but my 998 gets about 50 mpg. Not sure why. I think a buddy of mine has an old SV 6650 and gets about 50.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:59:35 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yes.........

hum....ok   LOSER

Hard to see any 'sarcasm' in being called a LOSER, when my post was clearly a light-hearted goof...

So sorry it got you all wound up....

Me not "wound" up at all tonight.....actually very very good! Ok, we will agree to disagree about the post but I appreciate all the helpful insite from others and  JB69 you can move along to your looting post.......
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:51:42 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I have been looking, just havent finalized what I want yet.

I think I know what my hesitation is from. Very sad to say, it looks like its going to be an import. We only have Harleys and they dont do anythig for me. That rat-tat-tat-tat shit is not for me at all.

Kinda looks like its a toss up between a Kaw 650 Dual Sport or a Goldwing. <sigh>

The Shadow Spirit looks kind of interesting too.

Although, a mini truck might fill the bill as well.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:52:30 PM EDT
[#17]
I would like to sell you one.

check avatar.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top