Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/6/2002 4:38:46 PM EDT
Right now I have a Safariland Level II vest. It is too bulky(compared to what I saw today) and has a major problem...the panels are actually bunching up and curling at my waist.

My ill fitting academy issue Point Blank has the same problems as well.

I'm looking at the ABA Extreme ZX series. I need a level II vest that is lighter than what I have now. Anyone try the ABA's yet? Best place to buy?
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 5:53:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a point blank that rolls as well. It sits in my closet and I wear a safariland zero-g and really like it. It's a level 2 and fits well and is comfortable. It is the gold level. I have not tried the newer platinum level but would like to.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 3:24:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I agree, I have a IIIA Safariland zero-g gold, and like the fit and comfort.  The carrier rolled under just a little bit, but the panels themselves have not.  (Putting on now to go to work)  Also, they come with an extra carrier, which is kindof a bonus.
dp
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 8:31:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Just got off the phone with Streichers...all body armor orders are delayed 4-6 months because the military guys get dibs on the armor material first.

Patience is a virtue I suppose
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 9:35:03 AM EDT
[#4]
I wear the Second Chance Monarch and highly recommend them.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 7:01:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Depends if you want it for street wear which could be up to 16hrs per day. Or a tact type SWAT armor. For all around use Point Blank has taken good care of me. I was fitted erong and it was replaced no problem. Than It looked like a seam wasn't done right. Sent it back and got it back with no problem. I feel they really take care of your needs. My Thanks to Niel for his time and effort getting my vest fixed. If you need answers call 1-800-413-5155 address 4031 NE 12 Terrace, oakland Park Fl 33334
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 5:07:58 AM EDT
[#6]
It's concealable, duty armor that I'm looking for...not the cool SWAT/ESU stuff
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 11:58:01 AM EDT
[#7]
The safariland zero-g is very light and confortable.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 1:09:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Only one way to go - Second Chance Ultima!  You really have to try one out to appreciate it.  Find the dealer near you and put one on.  You won't regret it.  Try to talk them into upgrading the K30 steel insert for the titanium plate.  The weight difference is incredible.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 6:43:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Zero G Gold level. I especially like the coolmax inner lining. The neoprene straps are pretty tough, too.

I took the knucklebuster (5X8 metal plate) out of my 1980's era Point Blank and put it behind the fabric trauma reduction device.

That, along with a Coolmax T-shirt, and I can survive here in S. Florida & while wearing my fireproof jumpsuit to boot...

P3[pyro][^]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top