Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/31/2001 1:58:40 PM EDT
Thought I'd vent a bit of steam here...

Some time ago we received a letter from the IRS stating that THEY owe US $1,000 (overpaid on taxes).  This was followed shortly by another letter from the IRS stating that THEY owe US $7,000 (overpaid on taxes).  We wasted about $250 to a CPA to straighten this out, to no avail.  Today we got a letter from the IRS stating WE owe THEM $10,000, which includes unpaid tax, penalties, and interest.  I called local IRS office and was told to call my CPA, "our system is down".

So what does the IRS use for computing, desktop abacuses left over from the crusades?  And how about their hiring practices, do they have an IQ cap?  If you score above 75 on a standard IQ test you cannot work there?  Useless motherf**kers.

[pissed]
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 2:00:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Actually I think their system is an old 70s era Data General.
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 2:09:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Heh heh heh! Once they start sending you paper you are just screwed. Send them some paper back. Just put a bunch of numbers and BS in there somewhere. Most of them can't read anyway.

[:D]

(Just joking IRS guys. [:)] I love the IRS, I really really do.)
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 2:40:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm surprised they didn't beat you up when you pointed that out.  
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 2:48:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Heh heh the IRS, gotta love 'em.
A few years ago I received a note from the IRS stating I owed the U$60.  Ok, I thought it was valid so I send a check.  Five days later I got a U$62 refund check.  Smiled and cashed it.  A week goes by and there is the notice I owe U$42.  Payed and sure enough a week alter the refund of U$ 41 came.  This was fun so I played along.  After a year I was down to sending checks for 52 cents and got 54 cent refund checks.  It sort of just faded out on its own after 14 months.

Fritz
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 3:36:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I got a letter a few months ago stating there were differences between my federal and state returns for 98 and 99.  I check and it looked like I messed up on my state so I call them and tell them that, and then 2 months go by and I get a bill for $529!!!  It included $80 in interest from the end of the tax year to now!!  I was mad, but I sure wasn't going to call them and complain!  I might get audited or something!  It's scary!!
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 3:49:08 PM EDT
[#6]
HAHAHA I CANT BE AUDITED!  I'm immune and all for a hefty over bearing tax.  Is it worth it?  Hell yeh!!!  HAHAHAHAHAHA  YOU CAN'T TOUCH ME IRS MAN!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

I have won the immunity challenge!!! Rot in hell IRS POS MFTSTBBWAKSPAARD!!!!!  

You want more?  I can give you more, bastard, come get some.

[):)]
NSF
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 6:24:01 PM EDT
[#7]
When I worked for Unisys we had the support contract for the IRS computers.  Wonderful IBM PS2 286 machines...
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 6:29:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 6:33:35 PM EDT
[#9]
red dragon, A few years ago i received a letter just like yours, so i called the irs up and explained to them that i was unaware that i had made a mistake and it really wasn't fair for me to pay the interest as it took them 2 years to inform me of my mistake, the lady at the irs agreed with me and dropped the interest fee. You never know they may be in a good mood that day and cut you a brake if you call them.

AR-ERIC  
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 6:36:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Be careful about who does your taxes, Wolfpack.

Or, somebody might be slipping something besides paper 'tween your cheeks. [;)]
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 6:59:35 PM EDT
[#11]
The IRS is the closest thing we have to Gestapo in this country. My Dad was told he owed $90 and change that he didn't agree with. He fought it on principle. In the end he paid just under $1200 to have them off his back. They froze his accounts, garnished his pay... guilty till proven innocent.
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 7:14:12 PM EDT
[#12]
From 1983 until 1990 $42,000 had turned into $126,000.
NOT ONE NOTICE.

In the entire I world I "HATE" one entity - the IRS.  (And two individuals.)

To this moment I am unable to rationally converse on this subject.
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 7:41:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 7:46:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The I.R.S. is a business like any other, they would rather settle for 10% of what you owe rather than do a full blown audit and going to court...... [}:D]
View Quote

I only hope that you really don't believe your post.
These posts are being read by others else I would probably stop now.

In the above portion of your post there is no accuracy.  None.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top