Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/29/2015 2:22:29 PM EDT
Figures it is Los Anchorage.

http://www.ktuu.com/news/news/moose-stabbed-to-death-in-anchorage-3-men-in-custody/32632334

ANCHORAGE -
9:30 a.m. WEDNESDAY UPDATE: Anchorage police have named the three men accused of stabbing a moose to death near the Russian Jack Chalet Tuesday night, all of whom face felony animal-cruelty charges.

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 2:23:38 PM EDT
[#1]
That must have been one hell of a bet they won.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 2:24:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like the start of a bad joke.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 2:24:38 PM EDT
[#3]
If just using a knife and not several of these.

I'm kind of impressed
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 2:26:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 2:27:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Maybe it bit their sister.
View Quote

moose bites are nasty.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 2:30:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 2:33:11 PM EDT
[#7]

What an odd thing to do. I think these fellows must have been on something.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 2:34:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 2:34:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Don't be so quick to judge---perhaps it was the moose who was on something.  Ever think of that?
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 2:34:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 2:35:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Title nails it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 2:35:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
If just using a knife and not several of these.
http://www.coldsteel.com/images/products/95BOASK_m.jpg

I'm kind of impressed
View Quote

Puma Boar Spear?  

very nice... !
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 2:36:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Was the moose making a move? Did they have to get it on?

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 2:37:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Don't be so quick to judge---perhaps it was the moose who was on something.  Ever think of that?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Self defense from a raging yearling rape moose?

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 2:37:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Nobody told them that Boris' comment, Moose Must Die, should  not be taken literally.  I hope Natasha was worth it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 2:40:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Them boys are lucky that moose didn't stomp them into a mud puddle..moose are wicked fighters and badass when pissed....
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 2:41:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 2:52:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Crackhead moose.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 2:59:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Less than a minute.  Impressive!!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

moose bites are nasty.

Less than a minute.  Impressive!!  

I love the Monty Python references around here.  
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 2:59:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

http://www.funkertactical.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Untitled-4.jpg
View Quote

From what I've seen of that video, I wouldn't call it a 'good shoot' but legally passable.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:20:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Them boys are lucky that moose didn't stomp them into a mud puddle..moose are wicked fighters and badass when pissed....
View Quote

Seriously,  that's some impressive cro-magnon moves.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:23:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:32:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Does anyone know when moose stabbing season is?  
View Quote

Well, according to the antis it should be the only season.....
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:11:14 PM EDT
[#24]
totally stupid shit usually happens in FL or WA, now Alaska has joined in.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:12:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Oh. I thought moose in this context was a slang term for a fat girl. Still a horrible thing to do.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:22:44 PM EDT
[#26]
With a knife? Dang.

I saw an episode of Alaska State Troopers where a homeowner killed a moose and her calf because

it was attacking his dog.

He used a 10mm Glock.

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:25:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Maybe the tackiest move I've seen in my time in Alaska.Would be nice to see those three in a pen with that calves mama.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:26:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

From what I've seen of that video, I wouldn't call it a 'good shoot' but legally passable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Personally, it wasn't even legally passable, but they got away with it..if you are dumb enough to ride up to a moose on a tight trail  in the dead of winter you are basically telling the moose, "here, trample my dumb ass"...........Although, I do have a older friend, who had a grizzly bear on the hood of his sled years ago........he managed to get away with it..but it was close....(of course he didn't kill it).....his underwear, not so much...
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:27:48 PM EDT
[#29]
i'm kinda surprised they managed to get close enough without getting trampled or their teeth kicked out
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:39:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

link?
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:43:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Personally, it wasn't even legally passable, but they got away with it..if you are dumb enough to ride up to a moose on a tight trail  in the dead of winter you are basically telling the moose, "here, trample my dumb ass"...........Although, I do have a older friend, who had a grizzly bear on the hood of his sled years ago........he managed to get away with it..but it was close....(of course he didn't kill it).....his underwear, not so much...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't see that part.  If he rode up to a moose on the trail he deserved to get stomped.  The version I saw a while back started with the moose acting up on the trail in front of him, so I figured it bolted out.

So yeah, dumbass then.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:44:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

link?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

link?

It was forever ago, your guess is as good as mine.  Also changed my opinion on the matter.  Snowrider says dingus drove up on the moose, so he was just an idiot then.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:45:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:47:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:47:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Anchorage has been going downhill the last 15 years.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:48:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Court records show that Johnston has at least eight misdemeanor assault convictions since 2000, plus a lengthy record of arrests for domestic-violence offenses. Candelario has prior convictions for fourth-degree assault, unauthorized entry and criminally negligent burning, while most of Galloway's record involves traffic charges.
View Quote

While not mass murderers......they DO seem to be JERKOFFS!!
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:50:17 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:50:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I didn't see that part.  If he rode up to a moose on the trail he deserved to get stomped.  The version I saw a while back started with the moose acting up on the trail in front of him, so I figured it bolted out.

So yeah, dumbass then.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So yeah, dumbass then.

Yeah he rode up on a sled, moose wouldn't move off the trail, he gunned the sled ahead a few feet..moose put his ears back..counted 3 and  bluff charged then headed over to give the sled a tuneup..at the last second he started to turn off and the guy opened up on him....(if its the video I am thinking of, but pretty sure it is)
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:52:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Yeah he rode up on a sled, moose wouldn't move off the trail, he gunned the sled ahead a few feet..moose put his ears back..counted 3 and  bluff charged then headed over to give the sled a tuneup..at the last second he started to turn off and the guy opened up on him....(if its the video I am thinking of, but pretty sure it is)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So yeah, dumbass then.

The last bit I saw sounds about right.  I guess the one I viewed was edited to make the guy look better.  What a jackass.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:53:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Cavemen used to call that "hunting".

Grog say "Mmm, good stab"
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:55:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

The last bit I saw sounds about right.  I guess the one I viewed was edited to make the guy look better.  What a jackass.
View Quote

Here it is...

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:57:35 PM EDT
[#42]
That's almost Florida worthy.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 5:03:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't have a problem with it.

usually moose will run off.  I wonder if why he couldn't turn it around.  

but once the moose started kicking, I would have shot him, too.  dude is lucky the moose didn't connect on his head.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 5:06:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

but once the moose started kicking, I would have shot him, too.  dude is lucky the moose didn't connect on his head.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would have shot the moose DRT as well.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 5:09:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Moose is finally dead, now how to kill squirrel...

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 5:10:31 PM EDT
[#46]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here it is...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FX5jJz2HOnY

Approaching a moose = dumb
doing it in winter or during the rut = retarded
shooting a moose that just whacked the crap out of you for being a dumbass = decent enough shoot, but if there wasn't dumbassery there wouldn't have been a problem.

That said, no idea if his sled has reverse or not, and it didn't seem like anywhere near the space to turn around before getting to the moose anyhow.  So both dumbass and good shoot.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 5:12:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 5:13:01 PM EDT
[#48]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here it is...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FX5jJz2HOnY

Rider was a dumb ass but he had every reason to shoot it after it stomped his sled once and was going to come back and do it again.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 5:14:23 PM EDT
[#49]
I wonder what knives they used?
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 5:15:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Approaching a moose = dumb
doing it in winter or during the rut = retarded
shooting a moose that just whacked the crap out of you for being a dumbass = decent enough shoot, but if there wasn't dumbassery there wouldn't have been a problem.

That said, no idea if his sled has reverse or not, and it didn't seem like anywhere near the space to turn around before getting to the moose anyhow.  So both dumbass and good shoot.
View Quote

He should have pulled as far off the trail as he could and let it pass..but that was before he drove all the way up to it....I think he could have got away without killing it if he had done it a bit differently.but yeah, once he got so close it was a forgone conclusion..heck we had a dumbs get one in a snare by our trapline..he didn't know how to get it out and was just going to shoot it..buddies showed him how to get it loose...the same guy is now going to court for catching up a couple of caribou the same way and killing them..then using them for bait for more sets..hope the court yanks all his game priveliges for life....
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top