Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2005 11:00:44 AM EDT
www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=189879&pn=5
obviously gen1 is the worst, but better than nothing. Any thoughts on this one? Looks lik eno batteries are needed unless you use the illuminator. how important is the illuminator on gen1?
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 1:43:21 PM EDT
[#1]
anyone?
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 1:48:14 PM EDT
[#2]
on a gen 1 unit, the IR light is pretty important if there isnt much availible light.  hell for $100 you might as well
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 1:52:22 PM EDT
[#3]
If you're just out shopping for another cool toy to add to your collection then I wouldn't worry about the generation.

If it's for work then save your money until you can afford higher quality.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 3:08:25 PM EDT
[#4]
it'd just be for playing around
and i have a $10 off $100 coupon for SG
shouldn't be spending that kind of miney on "toys" right now though
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 3:14:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I really am hoping there are going to be some sturdy, under $200 Active IR LED rifle scopes within a few
years.    

With Digital camera technology getting cheaper and better, and IR LED's getting better in
the consumer market all the time, I'd like to get something embedded in epoxy
that I could mount on a rail for cheap fun.    I don't care if it's active IR, I don't plan on being in
combat, just putting some nighttime creatures in the crosshairs.

Link Posted: 3/13/2005 11:25:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I learned the hard way. I bought russian goggles first. They were a novelty. Saved for 10 years and bought American goggles, PVS7's. They are great. Then I had the chance to upgrade to better "current"  PVS7's and man, I can't tell you what a difference they are.

Buy Cheap, Buy twice.

Dave
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top