Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 6/16/2009 11:33:18 AM EDT
I know this will probably get slammed but so be it. Iv seen alot of the crap going on just like the rest of ARFCOM and i wonder why its so hard for

people to come up with common sense gun control. It is my belief that certain things just make sense. Iv also heard some crazy excuses why

these measures would be against the 2A. I recieved a WA CCW in about 72hrs just by signing my name. However im am now trying to jump

through hoops to get my NY CCW. 1st the NRA approved gun safety course I had to take in NY was a JOKE. It was 4hrs of a old lady rambling on

and half of it was a sales pithc for Buffalo Gun Center. So:

1. Why not make it mandatory for 40hrs of instruction per year for a CCW?
Learn EXACTLY what the police do. No more draw downs over a parking spaces and shit like that.
Be made to qualify on A weapon at a range AND do a stress shoot.

2. Establish a Federal CCW yes I know it some how is a states right to restrict it but having to have 50 permits to carry in the USA seems by default infringe on my right individual right to bear arms.

3. SLAM Idiots that have "Accidents" with their weapons or allow their kids to get a hold of them. No Im not a parent but I was a kid. I know that educating your kids and locking up your weapons except for you SHTF handgun that will be used to get to your SHTF rifle. And that handgun should never be out of reach no excuses. If you want the weapon be able to have it attached 24/7

4. Rewrite firearms laws that are not foggy and make sense. Fix the BATFE so that it has standards of testing and making decisions. Not just "This sear COULD be put in that AR15 so it is a illegal assault weapon AND so is that AR15 " me shoe could be a deadly weapon. So is it?

Im sure there's more but i usually hate long posts just as much as anyone else. So let me have it. I know im stating the obvious here but if in over 200 years ago people could make common sense laws to establish this great country why cant it be done today?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:35:41 AM EDT
[#1]
no personal offense, but I nominate this thread as worst ideas of the year.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:35:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm sorry I must have over looked the part in the 2A where it says you need training in order to keep and bear arms. How about we just leave the 2A as it is, or is that to extreme for you?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:36:02 AM EDT
[#3]
There's no such thing as "common sense" gun laws.

There's only the usurpation of citizen's rights to bear arms. You can try and use whatever en vogue catchphrase/buzzword you like but in the end, it's just a power grab by politicians.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:36:30 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

There's only the usurpation of citizen's rights to bear arms. You can try and use whatever en vogue catchphrase/buzzword you like but in the end, it's just a power grab by politicians.

this

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:37:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I know this will probably get slammed but so be it. Iv seen alot of the crap going on just like the rest of ARFCOM and i wonder why its so hard for

people to come up with common sense gun control. It is my belief that certain things just make sense. Iv also heard some crazy excuses why

these measures would be against the 2A. I recieved a WA CCW in about 72hrs just by signing my name. However im am now trying to jump

through hoops to get my NY CCW. 1st the NRA approved gun safety course I had to take in NY was a JOKE. It was 4hrs of a old lady rambling on

Learn EXACTLY what the police do. No more draw downs over a parking spaces and shit like that.

2. Establish a Federal CCW yes I know it some how is a states right to restrict it but having to have 50 permits to carry in the USA seems by default infringe on my right individual right to bear arms.

3. SLAM Idiots that have "Accidents" with their weapons or allow their kids to get a hold of them. No Im not a parent but I was a kid. I know that educating your kids and locking up your weapons except for you SHTF handgun that will be used to get to your SHTF rifle. And that handgun should never be out of reach no excuses. If you want the weapon be able to have it attached 24/7

4. Rewrite firearms laws that are not foggy and make sense. Fix the BATFE so that it has standards of testing and making decisions. Not just "This sear COULD be put in that AR15 so it is a illegal assault weapon AND so is that AR15 " me shoe could be a deadly weapon. So is it?

Im sure there's more but i usually hate long posts just as much as anyone else. So let me have it. I know im stating the obvious here but if in over 200 years ago people could make common sense laws to establish this great country why cant it be done today?

So much fail.  Mostly in spelling and grammar, but also in substance.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:38:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Is it "type stupid opinions on Arfcom" day?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:38:55 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was so taken aback by the substance, I was unable to recognize grammatical and spelling errors.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:39:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

This....and in on one.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:39:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You not only suck at understanding the Bill of Rights but also at 6th grade grammer.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:40:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:40:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I'm with The Dude on this one.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:40:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:41:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:41:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Oh yes...we should definitely legislate "common sense".

Do you want the same wise and august body of lawmakers who brought us GCA, the 1994 AWB and TARP to pen such legislation?

Or should we just defer to our Second Amendment rights to keep it simple?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:41:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

haha every other tuesday
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:42:07 AM EDT
[#16]
What the ocean takes, it doesn't give back...
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:42:44 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

All that's needed is individual responsibilty and accountability.

[yoda]A novel idea he has.[/yoda]

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:42:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Common sense isn't so common.  How about we remove all government regulation of any and all weapons?  If some dipshit that shouldn't have a gun goes and buys one, guess what?  Everyone else has one too.  As soon as he tries to pull it on someone he gets ventilated.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:43:29 AM EDT
[#19]
40 hours a year for training? That's nuts.

Many people who have to maintain proficiency in the military only get one day a year!
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:44:00 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

That is everyday on arfcom

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:44:09 AM EDT
[#21]
At least he has ideas. Whether good or bad. The gov isn't taking away our gun rights all at once, but instead chipping away at them slowly but surely. What's it hurt to get those rights back slowly but surely? You can start by clearing crappy, make no sense laws. You think all 50 states will just throw away their gun laws on the books and abide by the 2nd in one day? Seems everyone is sitting here waiting for that day, which will never come. Lets here some ideas rather than slam the poster.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:45:49 AM EDT
[#22]
I'm having a bad day, so I'll try and stay inside the lines of the COC...

That is some of the most idiotic tripe I've fucking seen today. How about .fed take their ATF guidelines, Brady bullshit and other fucking infringments and pound them up their collective asses with a shoulder thing that goes up. And why don't you take your crap idea, print a thousand copies and do the same, all while repeating "Shall not be infringed". When you're done with that, disconnect the keyboard from your computer and just stick with reading for a while.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:45:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Eh, I don't think that would really help with much. Sounds good on paper, but you can't teach stupid.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:47:04 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Same.

If you think the ATF should even be allowed to exist... You're WAY off base.
In addition, there should be no restrictions on age for buying firearms... That's stupid.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:50:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I was so taken aback by the substance, I was unable to recognize grammatical and spelling errors.

I really only noticed because I did a double take, and had to make sure I didn't misunderstand because of the errors.  Of course, I remained disappointed.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:50:05 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

1. Why not make it mandatory for 40hrs of instruction per year for a CCW? Fuck you. How about we make it mandatory to have 40 hours of driving instruction per year? cars kill a fuck ton more than guns. How about mandatory swimming lessons and mandatory 5 gallon pail training? You're complaining that your CCW class was bullshit but you want mandatory 40hrs of more bullshit? I don't have 40 hours to give to some bullshit "GOV certified training class" so i shouoldn't be allowed to defend myself? seriously, fuck you.

2. Establish a Federal CCW yes I know it some how is a states right to restrict it but having to have 50 permits to carry in the USA seems by default infringe on my right individual right to bear arms. While that might sound nice in theory, the answer to stupid gun laws is not more stupid gun laws. think of the fucking shit circus that the fucking Fed would turn that into.

3. SLAM Idiots that have "Accidents" with their weapons or allow their kids to get a hold of them. No Im not a parent but I was a kid. I know that educating your kids and locking up your weapons except for you SHTF handgun that will be used to get to your SHTF rifle. And that handgun should never be out of reach no excuses. If you want the weapon be able to have it attached 24/7 I'll worry about my kids, i don't give a fuck if some one else can't keep track of thiers. "gun access" laws are just more BS laws against gun owners.

4. Rewrite firearms laws that are not foggy and make sense. Fix the BATFE so that it has standards of testing and making decisions. Not just "This sear COULD be put in that AR15 so it is a illegal assault weapon AND so is that AR15 " me shoe could be a deadly weapon. So is it? I agree, but only in the sense that if those ambigiously worded laws weren't so ambigous, they'ed still be bullshit.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:50:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Same.

In addition, there should be no restrictions on age for buying firearms... That's stupid.

Speaking of stupid ideas
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:50:47 AM EDT
[#28]

1) making people do "what the police do" is still vast UNDER-training for people who've never used a gun before.

2) making people do "what the police do" is unnecessary for people who put any amount of lead down-range and stay abreast of gun laws. (i study gun laws for fun and was averaging about 30,000 rounds a year until ammo became expensive. i know more about gun laws, and am a substantially better shot, than about 99% of police)

3) instituting more "licensing" and more "training" allows the government to set the fees and/or standards high enough that it becomes impractical or impossible for the "common man" to attain.

4) "common sense gun control" is a neat little phrase gun controllers use to frame an argument, wherein if you don't agree with their point of view, you have no common sense... "common sense gun control" actually means, "we'll ban all guns, and if you protest, it is clear you are just a 'right wing extremist'". so, who do you think will get the final say in what is and isn't "common sense", ARFcom, or nancy pelosi?

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:51:45 AM EDT
[#29]
i wonder why its so hard for people to come up with common sense gun control.

Taken right from the Brady Campaign.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:51:55 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Exactly.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:53:43 AM EDT
[#31]
The point of the classes is just to inform you of the law concerning when you can shoot or not.  The range time is only to verify that won't shoot yourself.

That's all it needs to be but a responsible citizen should already know just by common sense when that should be.

I don't want to go spend so much time in the classes to deserve a law degree.  I got a job, ya know?!
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:54:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Quoted:
All that's needed is individual responsibilty and accountability.

[yoda]A novel idea he has.[/yoda]

And I think it worked pretty well until the leftist scum took over America about 40 years ago.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:56:06 AM EDT
[#33]
I don't know what Indiana was thinking allowing me to carry for my lifetime with only a background check, no renewals, and no courses at all.  So far I guess I have been lucky not to injure anybody with such little government control on my right to keep and bear arms.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:58:32 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I don't know what Indiana was thinking allowing me to carry for my lifetime with only a background check, no renewals, and no courses at all.
So far I guess I have been lucky not to injure anybody with such little government control on my right to keep and bear arms.

Funny thing, if the OP had gone about an hour south (the fuck out of Erie County) he could've gotten the same thing.  But judging by his post, he doesn't want that.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:00:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

lulz

no doubt
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:05:30 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Same.

Speaking of stupid ideas

Why?  My dad and my grandpa both bought their first guns from the same hardware store when they were under the age of 10.  Shit, my dad could have ordered a MG by mail at the same age.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:06:05 PM EDT
[#37]

Ass cancer....I hope you get it.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:06:11 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

I can only rate it 'among the worst'.
5sub
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:07:36 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Carry on (pun intended).

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:08:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Wow when it rains it pours. Lack of laws is not the answer. Nothing can be completely unregulated. Do I want 40hrs of bullshit? No I want 40 hrs of this is what you should do. When its ok. Escalation of force and so on. Simply handing someone a firearms and saying here you go have a nice day is nonsense. I know people are far better with weapons then me. Im only going off my own personal opinion. No Im not a genius but hey are these at all unreasonable? How much time a year do you spend at the range anyways?  More then a hour a week? Nothing Iv stated is unreasonable. Of course many other things kill more people then firearms every year. But we arent talking about them now are we?

Training

Refreshers

Ability to carry in all 50 states

Reasonable gun laws that are clear

Sorry about the grammar
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:11:18 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Excellent point !!

5sub
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:11:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Because it's a right, not a privilege. The CCW license requirement itself is an infringement of that right.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:12:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Wow when it rains it pours. Lack of laws is not the answer. Nothing can be completely unregulated. Do I want 40hrs of bullshit? No I want 40 hrs of this is what you should do. When its ok. Escalation of force and so on. Simply handing someone a firearms and saying here you go have a nice day is nonsense. I know people are far better with weapons then me. Im only going off my own personal opinion. No Im not a genius but hey are these at all unreasonable? How much time a year do you spend at the range anyways?  More then a hour a week? Nothing Iv stated is unreasonable. Of course many other things kill more people then firearms every year. But we arent talking about them now are we?

Training

Refreshers

Sorry about the grammar

The problem is your logic. You lack it. Extrapolate out "reasonable" in the eyes of Schumer and Pelosi. Now tell us how that is not an infringment. Now disconnect your keyboard before you give some anit-gunner their next great idea "supported even among fans of baby killing assault rifles". Laws are only as smart as  the politicians supporting them, and politicians are the dumbest motherfuckers on the planet.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:12:33 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Training

Refreshers

Sorry about the grammar

This is the bullshit that will kill us.  The willingness to accept new gun legislation as long as its 'reasonable'.

Let me post something for you:

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free
state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be
infringed.

There is NOTHING in there about "reasonable" gun laws.  That is Brady, MSM, garbage you are speaking.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:14:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Training

Refreshers

Sorry about the grammar

You will only find sypathy for your ideas with Dave_A and a few others. Most folks on this forum are FREEDOM minded people. I will say it again, FREEDOM.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:14:31 PM EDT
[#46]
isn't it unconstitutional for states to not accept other state's CCWs?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:16:15 PM EDT
[#47]
I suggest we pass a law making school hours 7am to 7pm, 7 days a week, 12 months out of the year and mandatory till age 25.

That should clear up a lot of these bullshit threads that seem to be oh so common during summer break.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:16:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Training

Refreshers

Sorry about the grammar

Can you explain this(in red)?

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:16:39 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Nothing Iv stated is unreasonable.

In your own opinion.

If more laws were the solution, then the AWB would have reduced crime.

It didn't, it had zero effect by the .Gov's own research.

http://www.claremont.org/projects/pageID.1768/default.asp

Stop digging a hole, you know not of what you speak.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:16:48 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Training

Refreshers

Sorry about the grammar

You will only find sypathy for your ideas with Dave_A and a few others. Most folks on this forum are FREEDOM minded people. I will say it again, FREEDOM.

Your ideas are stupid...

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top