Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 6/1/2008 9:03:42 PM EDT
My family has been having issues with trespassers for several years.
I've personally run off 40+ fishermen/poachers/coon hunters/shooters/vandals over the past 3 years. 99% of them were defiant fucks who argued that they had a right to be there for some unknown reason. We've tried calling the police, but they either take 4 hours to find the place or are the ones trespassing.
My main targets are the ones who pull up to our gate early in the morning and dump their trash or vandalize the place.

I need some ideas to legally deal with these fuckers, hopefully without getting the local fuzz involved.

I'm thinking about getting a couple of these and placing them on the berm right beside the gate directed into their open windows.
Any liquid can be placed inside them, so use that twisted mind of yours and give me some ideas.
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 9:09:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Patrol rifle + castle doctrine = problem solved.
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 9:10:05 PM EDT
[#2]
How big of a piece of land are we talking? What state? Would you say the trespassers mostly consist of local kids from the country? Or are we talking city people coming in to get a weekend taste of the outdoors?
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 9:10:42 PM EDT
[#3]

Claymores FTW!
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 9:12:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Claymores FTW!

I like your thinking!  
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 9:13:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Fill that device with some pepper balls or Buck lure.
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 9:17:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Not to hijack your thread, but I have the same problem, last summer I was hearing a lot of odd noices in the night. Figured it was just some animal or something, walked down to our lake front and found a home-made pot pipe I didn't do anything with it, because I wanted to see if whoever left it would come back, sure enough the next morning it's gone. The local PD couldn't care less, and I have no idea what to do about that.
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 9:18:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Fill that device with some pepper balls or Buck lure human urine.

Ahhh *cracks knuckles* that's better
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 9:18:21 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Done it. I greeted someone who was shooting our gate while carrying my Bushmaster and was nearly shot by the ignorant fuck who claimed to be a "NRA safety instructor"
I finally convinced him to leave and my dad drove me to town to file charges against him. The cop that served him was apparently a buddy of his and told him to files charges against me for brandishing a firearm and curse and abuse. The same cop showed up at the gate and while questioning me, admitted to trespassing on the property not two months before. The next two months made me lose what little faith I had in our judicial system and ended with all charges being dropped on both sides.
It's a small town where all the hicks in high places look out for their childhood friends and not outsiders like myself.
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 9:19:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 9:20:17 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
How big of a piece of land are we talking? What state? Would you say the trespassers mostly consist of local kids from the country? Or are we talking city people coming in to get a weekend taste of the outdoors?

130 acres in VA. There are a few kids on 4-wheelers who like to cut the fence, but most of our trouble comes from middle aged hicks who grew up there.
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 9:21:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Claymores FTW!

I honestly wish I could.
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 9:23:39 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Not to hijack your thread, but I have the same problem, last summer I was hearing a lot of odd noices in the night. Figured it was just some animal or something, walked down to our lake front and found a home-made pot pipe I didn't do anything with it, because I wanted to see if whoever left it would come back, sure enough the next morning it's gone. The local PD couldn't care less, and I have no idea what to do about that.

WTF?

Quoted:

Quoted:

Done it. I greeted someone who was shooting our gate while carrying my Bushmaster and was nearly shot by the ignorant fuck who claimed to be a "NRA safety instructor"
I finally convinced him to leave and my dad drove me to town to file charges against him. The cop that served him was apparently a buddy of his and told him to files charges against me for brandishing a firearm and curse and abuse. The same cop showed up at the gate and while questioning me, admitted to trespassing on the property not two months before. The next two months made me lose what little faith I had in our judicial system and ended with all charges being dropped on both sides.
It's a small town where all the hicks in high places look out for their childhood friends and not outsiders like myself.

That's seriously fucked up.
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 9:26:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Fish and Wildlife agents live for this shit. Try them. <Edit. Bama>
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 9:29:44 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

They make sure you can't do anything about it though, eh?
We're going to patent our land to bypass the local authorities. Maybe you should look into it also.

Quoted:

That's seriously fucked up.

No kidding, my blood boils every time I think about it.
Now we get piles of neatly stacked beer cans at our gate every couple weeks.
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 9:31:16 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Fish and Wildlife agents live for this shit. Try them. <Edit.Bama>.

Was that really called for?
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 9:36:24 PM EDT
[#16]
tresspasser will be victimized. please bring flattering headshot photos for the milk cartons.
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 9:38:33 PM EDT
[#17]

Nice guy...

The game warden is on our side,  but is severely understaffed and can never catch anyone out our direction.

Seriously the normal routes have all been tried and have failed. I want to at least have some fun screwing around with these people since I can't stop them.
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 9:39:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Call up Zed and wake the gimp. Problem Solved.
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 9:41:37 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Fish and Wildlife agents live for this shit. Try them. Idiot.

Nice personal attack and CoC violation. Thanks for shitting in the thread.
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 9:42:46 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

130 acres in VA. There are a few kids on 4-wheelers who like to cut the fence, but most of our trouble comes from middle aged hicks who grew up there.

If acting like your neighbors from  W VA is out (ie shooting them), I would make sure your land does not have a deficiency of these

Link Posted: 6/1/2008 9:43:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Bear traps would be a good start. If you want to go the 'diplomatic' way set up game cam's at certain spots that are frequented alot get pics of the perps and see if the local LEO's can ID them and file charges and all that crap. After you waste all that money and time on my 2nd suggestion i'd say take matters into your own hands, im sure you can think of some creative solutions, since i dont feel like getting banned i wont give you any advice on this one unless you IM me or something.

ETA: dammit reddog beat me to it

Link Posted: 6/1/2008 9:43:29 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/1/2008 9:44:23 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Idiot
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 9:45:52 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

img507.imageshack.us/img507/4744/internettoughguyya1.jpg

thats fucking hilarious im still laughing...

Link Posted: 6/1/2008 9:46:05 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Idiot

See also: Code of Conduct: ar15.com/content/page.html?id=5

Link Posted: 6/1/2008 9:46:57 PM EDT
[#26]
I assume you have all common access points posted with fresh "No Trespassing" signs?  Not something painted on a log and not some 10 year old sign that is too faded to read.
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 9:48:05 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If acting like your neighbors from  W VA is out (ie shooting them), I would make sure your land does not have a deficiency of these

www.neaca.com/images/Bear_Trap_Blacksmith_1_.JPG

Again, if only I could.
I've toyed around with the idea of a 4-wheeler sized hole covered with branches to prevent someone from accidentally falling in, but my dad doesn't want my implementing any of my ideas that might get someone hurt. Spoilsport...
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 9:49:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Can you take trail cam pics to Fish and Wildlife?   Ask them if they will file charges.  You may have to pass the photos around if F&W can't ID them.  
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 9:50:16 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Idiot

Guy wants to deal with "I've personally run off 40+ fishermen/poachers/coon hunters/shooters/vandals over the past 3 years" with paintball toys, and I'm in the wrong for calling him out?
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 9:51:53 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Idiot

Guy wants to deal with "I've personally run off 40+ fishermen/poachers/coon hunters/shooters/vandals over the past 3 years" with paintball toys, and I'm in the wrong for calling him out?

Yes you are wrong for making personal attacks, regardless of your opinion.
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 9:52:09 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Call up Zed and wake the gimp. Problem Solved.

But Zed's dead and the gimp is asleep!
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 9:53:25 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I assume you have all common access points posted with fresh "No Trespassing" signs?  Not something painted on a log and not some 10 year old sign that is too faded to read.

Absolutely. We have about a mile of road frontage which is posted about every 20 feet and maintained regularly. I also use white paint on trees to post the property since it's harder to tear down.
The signs seem to just be a message board for them to voice their opinions of us. They shoot the signs when we aren't around and write inflammatory statements with sharpies on them.
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 9:55:32 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Idiot

Reading is fundamental.
I never once stated that I have used paintball toys to run off anyone. I stated that I want to have fun with the situation since there's nothing I can do to keep them off the property.

Get the fuck out of my thread.
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 9:56:05 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Idiot

I made no personal attack. It was an opinion.
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 9:57:46 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Idiot

Reading is fundamental.
I never once stated that I have used paintball toys to run off anyone. I stated that I want to have fun with the situation since there's nothing I can do to keep them off the property.

Get the fuck out of my thread.

request granted. I didn't say you did, I said you wanted to'

ETA: My family has been having issues with trespassers for several years.
I've personally run off 40+ fishermen/poachers/coon hunters/shooters/vandals over the past 3 years. 99% of them were defiant fucks who argued that they had a right to be there for some unknown reason. We've tried calling the police, but they either take 4 hours to find the place or are the ones trespassing.
My main targets are the ones who pull up to our gate early in the morning and dump their trash or vandalize the place.

I need some ideas to legally deal with these fuckers, hopefully without getting the local fuzz involved.

I'm thinking about getting a couple of these and placing them on the berm right beside the gate directed into their open windows.
Any liquid can be placed inside them, so use that twisted mind of yours and give me some ideas.

Link Posted: 6/1/2008 10:01:51 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Idiot

I made no personal attack. It was an opinion.

If you can't understand how calling someone an "idiot" is a personal attack, maybe you should check out your own links.
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 10:04:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 10:07:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Hang bottles of tannerite from some tree branches.  When they are at or near the gate, light some off.  
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 10:10:39 PM EDT
[#39]
The true hill billys I have met usually just shoot all 4 of the trespassers tires and front and back windshields out. This usually has a learning curve of one or two applications and no escalation is ever needed.
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 10:12:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Dogs?  You said your property was fenced off?

Hell, if you really want to have some fun, set up a hunting blind near your gate in a secluded location, and arm yourself primarily with a paintball gun.  You can choose your ammo.
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 10:17:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 10:19:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Well if you are not yet to the tiger traps with punji stick level you can try a few alternatives.  Set out some big nasty traps along likely paths.  The idea of setting out leg hold traps that will do some damage is appealing but will likely get you arrested for maiming someone and sued for damages. If it is legally defensible than I like that idea the most.

Best bet is to turn their auto into a useless piece of steel while they are busy elsewhere,  plead ignorance and let them suffer the $ consequences.  This happens a few times and the word will get around.   You can also get shotgun shells that can be set off via trip wires to spray OC at someone.  Check local laws for this and if a viable alternative try it.  

Get creative.  Think to yourself what would ruin your afternoon outing on someone elses property and then apply that to the trespassers.  

Whatever you do be able to document that they were clearly on your property when you do it.  
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 10:20:06 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Dogs?  You said your property was fenced off?

Hell, if you really want to have some fun, set up a hunting blind near your gate in a secluded location, and arm yourself primarily with a paintball gun.  You can choose your ammo.

Only areas that are easily accessible by foot or car. The rest is pretty thick and thorny underbrush that's very difficult to punch through. It's all posted though.

I'm looking for a more passive way. These people are normally armed and I don't want to be shooting at them with something that will spark them shooting back.
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 10:20:35 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

I thought you left?
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 10:22:25 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought you left?

I did. My apologies, I posted this in the wrong thread.
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 10:23:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Be careful on what you do, even so its your property and they are trespassing,
If you have any device that would cause serious bodily harm, or even
death, you can be charged with a felony.

A big plus 1 on game cameras, make sure they can't be spotted by them.
Also, don't farmers have those propane cannons to scare off crows ?
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 10:23:50 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Well if you are not yet to the tiger traps with punji stick level you can try a few alternatives.  Set out some big nasty traps along likely paths.  The idea of setting out leg hold traps that will do some damage is appealing but will likely get you arrested for maiming someone and sued for damages. If it is legally defensible than I like that idea the most.

Best bet is to turn their auto into a useless piece of steel while they are busy elsewhere,  plead ignorance and let them suffer the $ consequences.  This happens a few times and the word will get around.   You can also get shotgun shells that can be set off via trip wires to spray OC at someone.  Check local laws for this and if a viable alternative try it.  

Get creative.  Think to yourself what would ruin your afternoon outing on someone elses property and then apply that to the trespassers.  

Whatever you do be able to document that they were clearly on your property when you do it.  

Mantraps are illegal in the US and would land me in prison. Not something I want.
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 10:24:07 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
These people are normally armed and I don't want to be shooting at them with something that will spark them shooting back.

I guess your not serious yet.
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 10:26:33 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Do you seriously believe that the castle doctrine applies to land outside of the actual residence?
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 10:28:37 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you seriously believe that the castle doctrine applies to land outside of the actual residence?

It applies to anywhere you are legally allowed to be in TX.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top