Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/17/2006 2:44:59 PM EDT
 I hate myspace.  I am not on there myself, but I have a couple of friends who are, and it seems so ghey.  How can you possibly represent yourself accurately with a couple of stupid digital photos and some "My favorite movies are...." or "I listen to ......" lists?  Obviously people are misrepresenting themselves pretty severly and with severe consequence in light of all of the POS sexual predators that have used it as a tool for their POS ways.  I am by no means saying that everyone that uses myspace are misrepresenting themselves or are using it for malicious intent (there are plenty of people finding old friends or former classmates, organizing social events, etc.), but every time someone asks me if I have a "MYSPACE account," I want to shit diesel.  A pre-emptive "I'm sorry"  to those who feel like they have wasted precious life reading this, but after reading the thread about the 10yr old girl who got murdered I had to vent.  What are ARFCOMMER's thoughts on MYgheySPACE?  
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 2:46:48 PM EDT
[#1]
its very ghey.  that is all.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 2:46:58 PM EDT
[#2]
i've never used it, and never will
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 2:48:15 PM EDT
[#3]
ive been on myspace for about two years and mostly just use it for keeping in touch with my friends who moved away to college, my friend stationed in Iraq, or other friends who moved away.

i like it... but there are some retarted fucking people on there.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 2:52:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Never tried it, Looked at it today, web pages are full of crap and hard to read,
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 2:54:23 PM EDT
[#5]
We should probably start a few more 'Myspace' threads.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 2:55:07 PM EDT
[#6]
A
G
N
T
S
A

This has got to be the 87th myspace thread in the past two days.

I sound like a broken record but:

I'm on it.

I like it.

I use it to keep in touch with my high school friends

There's an ARFCOM group there.

The spammers are annoying.

The 14 year olds are annoying.

The fact that there are pedophiles is sickening.

But it's good nevertheless.  And it's free.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:06:29 PM EDT
[#7]
and how could i forget-

i used myspace about a month ago to search for a girl i went to high school with 5 years ago...

sent her a message- weve been dating about about 3 weeks now.

myspace has its benefits.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:06:44 PM EDT
[#8]
I signed up for an account months ago for some odd reason, but I have never used it, and regretted ever setting it up because it had my real name in there for search purposes.

Then last night I got an email saying that i had a message on my severly dead myspace account. I went and checked it out and found that a girl I had known about 14 years ago had left me a message saying "Is this THE my name? if so please reply".

When I knew her she was a very funny, very smart, very cool young lady, but while we spent alot of time together there just wasn't any attraction for me.

Now she looks like this;

And I guess she must have searched for my name in their find your friends feature. I'm kinda excited that she found me, she is one of those people I always regretted losing contact with.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:13:31 PM EDT
[#9]

id hit it

looks like she likes to use her tounge. post a "pie o' truth" thread after you tear it up.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:18:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:19:50 PM EDT
[#11]
It could be another myspace ploy....... meet her anonymously, because her tongue could be stuck like that.....
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:19:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:24:46 PM EDT
[#13]
There's a whole bunch of emotionally fragile, easily manipulated 16 year old girls on there.  I don't even have to cruise the local high schools to prey on them.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:25:25 PM EDT
[#14]
GHEY.  That is all.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:25:53 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I sound like a broken record but:

I'm on it.

I like it.

I use it to keep in touch with my high school friends

There's an ARFCOM group there.

The spammers are annoying.

The 14 year olds are annoying.

The fact that there are pedophiles is sickening.

But it's good nevertheless.  And it's free.

I don't get it?
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:27:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Myspace is a bit juvenile for my tastes. Maybe if I were single or secretly considering a second life as a pedophile, but it's really no place for a heterosexual, married, middle-aged, conservative, Republican, capitalist, white man to hang out.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:58:33 PM EDT
[#17]
I am just amazed that there is a place on the intarweb where I can type stuff, and other people can read it. Can you imagine that?!??! I can't get my mind around such a concept.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:59:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:00:04 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I don't get it?

Oh, sorry deej - I thought you were listing all the responses he could expect - saving everyone time from another myspace thread.  I mistook your response as a joke.

Gotcha.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:02:55 PM EDT
[#20]
I have a myspace account to keep in touch with friends and networking. I pretty much filter out and delete all the stupid messages from the many losers that have nothing better to do than to send SPAM messages and ask you to be their friend. Stan
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:03:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Parents should keep their kids off it.
That said, I use it, but I'm over 18.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:06:49 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I have a myspace account to keep in touch with friends and networking. I pretty much filter out and delete all the stupid messages from the many losers that have nothing better to do than to send SPAM messages and ask you to be their friend. Stan

+1  

Met up with a girl I went to school with 12 years ago,  wierd part is, I didn't really know her then, she turned out to be a really cool person
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:10:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Im on it... Have found a few people that I went to school with. Thats about it....
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:12:52 PM EDT
[#24]
The GF is on it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:18:36 PM EDT
[#25]
EMOSPACE!
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:23:04 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
EMOSPACE!

I wish my lawn was emo so it would cut itself.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:23:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Can't you post this crap in the 4 other threads about MySpace?  Jebus.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:23:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:43:08 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
www.studentski-servis.com/fotografije/bedarije/remember_kids.jpg

I'm on it to keep in touch with friends.  Not sure about its use for romantic purposes.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:44:43 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
EMOSPACE!

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:53:37 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm there.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:55:10 PM EDT
[#32]
It's a wretched hive of scum and villainy.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:58:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Not this shit again
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:58:41 PM EDT
[#34]
I use it, I play a few games online and it makes it easier to keep in touch with everyone, schedule games..etc.  Also found a couple of the guys I went to school with, but if I had kids they wouldnt be on it unless they were 16+.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 5:01:05 PM EDT
[#35]
people below the age of 18 arent supposed to be on there. Just email the url of an under-aged users profile to the staff and they will take care of it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 5:02:07 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
people below the age of 18 arent supposed to be on there. Just email the url of an under-aged users profile to the staff and they will take care of it.

That would get rid of 80% of their user base.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 5:05:45 PM EDT
[#37]
I work with a  guy who is always talking about all the hot girls on there  
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 5:11:31 PM EDT
[#38]
give a +1 if youve gotten this:  Title: IM NOT INTO THIS Body: "I have this friend who needs a date and me and some of her friends think you would be really good for her. please check her out."

Followed by a 'add to friends' button and sent from a blank profile.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 5:13:36 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
give a +1 if youve gotten this:  Title: IM NOT INTO THIS Body: "I have this friend who needs a date and me and some of her friends think you would be really good for her. please check her out."

Something similar: "Me and myfriends were looking at your profile, we voted 3 to one that we had a crush on you, etc, add us".
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 5:14:30 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

where have I heard these words before?
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 5:15:15 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Yeah, only I get "DAMM GURL U LOOKIN FINE 22 SINGLE IN MARTINEZ WANNA MEET?  LATERZ".

To which I respond, "I'm sorry, was that English?"
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 5:16:25 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

mos eisley.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 5:18:53 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, only I get "DAMM GURL U LOOKIN FINE 22 SINGLE IN MARTINEZ WANNA MEET?  LATERZ".

To which I respond, "I'm sorry, was that English?"

They obviously don't.  There's a big proportion of "hip hop lifestyle" types on Myspace.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 5:24:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Well, I took the plunge.

I know have a myspace account.

All these threads had my curiousity maxed out.

Weird - seems the founder of this thing, "Tom" is my age.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:19:59 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

mos eisley.

ahhh I thought it was from star wars.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 1:00:00 AM EDT
[#46]
its a festering pit of the lowest scum on earth.  That place only exists because people with social prolems needed a place to express themselves. they have no life other than hiding behind a computer screen and thinking of there next victim.   child molesting, satan worshiping, wanna be gang bangers are on gheyspace.com
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 1:07:03 AM EDT
[#47]
I'm on there, I love it, and you haters can go fuck yourselves.  Myspace is a great place for self expression.

Maybe you'd prefer a fascist state where there is no freeom of expression...but not me.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 1:47:31 AM EDT
[#48]
I don't know I'm gonna even open my mouth on this, because this is GD and it's like pissing in the wind but here goes:

Some of you guys are saying it's a seething pit of vile whatever, a haven for pedophiles, only emotionless hacks hide behind their computer and use myspace.

Dont you hear the hypocricy in what you're writing?  MySpace is no more a den of pedofiles than ARFCOM is a pit of murderers.  We constantly bash the left for catagorizing all gun owners as neo-nazi whackos, yet here you are doing the same thing.

Just like my guns, if you don't like em fine, just leave me alone.  You dont like MySpace, stay away from it and keep your kids away from it, but your generalizations make you hypocrites.

Since you all are calling MySpace  "a festering pit of the lowest scum on earth. That place only exists because people with social prolems needed a place to express themselves. they have no life other than hiding behind a computer screen and thinking of there next victim. child molesting, satan worshiping, wanna be gang bangers are on gheyspace.com" perhaps you should browse  the "Iraq" section and tell all those military kids that you all normaly worship here on this site that they're scum.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:02:41 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
I don't know I'm gonna even open my mouth on this, because this is GD and it's like pissing in the wind but here goes:

Some of you guys are saying it's a seething pit of vile whatever, a haven for pedophiles, only emotionless hacks hide behind their computer and use myspace.

Dont you hear the hypocricy in what you're writing?  MySpace is no more a den of pedofiles than ARFCOM is a pit of murderers.  We constantly bash the left for catagorizing all gun owners as neo-nazi whackos, yet here you are doing the same thing.

Just like my guns, if you don't like em fine, just leave me alone.  You dont like MySpace, stay away from it and keep your kids away from it, but your generalizations make you hypocrites.

Since you all are calling MySpace  "a festering pit of the lowest scum on earth. That place only exists because people with social prolems needed a place to express themselves. they have no life other than hiding behind a computer screen and thinking of there next victim. child molesting, satan worshiping, wanna be gang bangers are on gheyspace.com" perhaps you should browse  the "Iraq" section and tell all those military kids that you all normaly worship here on this site that they're scum.

That ought to blow some minds.
Lotsa .mil folks on myspace.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:44:09 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
I'm on there, I love it, and you haters can go fuck yourselves.  Myspace is a great place for self expression.

So is the real world. Try it sometime!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top