Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/14/2001 7:31:34 PM EDT
As I mentioned before, I use a HK .45 Tact. for work, and I also have a Sig 232 for a backup gun.

However, after getting expert advice, I am thinking of attempting a two gun technique.

I don't mean a new york reload, I mean shooting two handguns at once, specifically two HK .45 tacticals.  

I tried this at the range a few days ago, and it was fairly successful for my first attempt.  My eyes can focus well on two targets, and I am equally good with either hand (insert dirty remark here).  I'm got double taps to the 10 ring on two targets at 7 and 10 yards.  I'll work on 15 and 25 next.  The guys at the range thought I looked like Lara Croft from Tombraider [;)], and they were impressed!

The benefits I can think of off the top of my head are, added capacity of ammo for immediate use, I can lay down suppressive fire, good for crowd/riot/mob control, and intimidation factor.

Anyone have any feedback???
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 7:35:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Who do you work for?
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 7:40:41 PM EDT
[#2]
HK Tactical for carry + need to fire two guns at once = female mall ninja. [;)]
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 7:44:02 PM EDT
[#3]
If you have to focus on the targets,
I would say it is not going to lead
to anything useful and may end up
being counter productive.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 7:44:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Just like in Mummy Returns?
I carry an H&K Tactical too, and it would be a good choice, nice stable gun and very intimidating in a two gun setup. I don't think I would use the DAO variant however.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 7:44:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Gawd, does anyone know where I can read that post again about the mall security guy?  That was so funny I developed a hernia below my ribcage from laughing so hard.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 7:51:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Oh my God! a female Rambo wannabe....

[b]Learn to shoot accurately and practice fast tactical reloading in tactical situations and you will not find the need to lug around another handgun[/b]
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 7:54:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
However, after getting expert advice, I am thinking of attempting a two gun technique.
View Quote

Who is this gunguru and what are their qualifications?
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 7:59:22 PM EDT
[#8]
who do you work for?
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 8:00:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Well you don't have to be so mean about it.  If you don't think it is a good idea, just say so, don't call me names.

I can shoot very well, thank you!  I realize it might not be a tech. that everyone can manage, but if I have the coordination and control to pull it off, is that so bad???

Well, if was just an idea, and I got a kick out of it at the range, so I figured I'd ask...

Link Posted: 5/14/2001 8:02:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

My eyes can focus well on two targets
View Quote

Try focusing on two targets not side by side.
Try one at 10 oclock and the outher at 2 oclock
and then check your focus factor.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 8:06:56 PM EDT
[#11]
You're joking right? Sorry, I'd almost have to see it to believe it. But I'll bite. So did you put 2 targets down range to seven yards or just one? How are you aiming, point shooting or actually focusing on one front sight then the other? Was the double tap 2 consecutive rounds out of the same gun or did you shoot one round from each gun? How fast did you send 10 rounds down range? How about the time on 10 accurate rounds? For the sake of a definition let's say 10 accurate rounds on a standard silhouette, all 10 hit paper and at least 8 hitting the silouette and 6 inside the 7 ring. So let's say you have a 10 round mag in each gun, you flail a total of 20 rounds in 10 seconds, maybe less. How do you reload?
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 8:11:35 PM EDT
[#12]
I personally recomend the Bruce Willis "2gun-prone-roll-technique"! Very impressive to all of you're friends. Also, borrow friends gun and attempt the slide-under-car-and-use-gun-for-brake-manuever as seen in John Woo movies. Goes well with sideways gangsta aiming system.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 8:12:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The benefits I can think of off the top of my head are, added capacity of ammo for immediate use,
View Quote

Try reloading with two guns in your hand during a adrenalin dump.

I can lay down suppressive fire, good for crowd/riot/mob control, and intimidation factor.
View Quote

This is the biggist pile of BULLSHIT I have seen
on this board in weeks. To put it bluntly you
are a bloody asshole and should never be allowed
to work in any capacity that requires a firearm.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 8:16:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Well, if was just an idea, and I got a kick out of it at the range, so I figured I'd ask...
View Quote

More BULLSHIT. You said you got expert advice!
EXPERT ADVICE or JUST AN IDEA, Which is it?
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 8:16:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Okay, so it's probably a LOT harder when you aren't shooting at paper.  

I set 2 targets in my lane (the lines have two points to hang paper from).  And the shooting is more of an alternating from one gun to the other in rapid succession.  Reloads are done by holstering one, but with 24 rounds on hand, you usually don't need to reload.

Again, it was the first time with it, I'll keep trying, but won't use this method unless it works.

I'm just seeing if anyone has ever done this, someone has to have.

If it is too stupid, than I'll forget about it, but I just wanted some advise from folks that know a lot about shooting.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 8:20:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The benefits I can think of off the top of my head are, added capacity of ammo for immediate use,
View Quote

I can lay down suppressive fire, good for crowd/riot/mob control, and intimidation factor.
View Quote

View Quote

You don't have to be such a jerk.  I never said anything rude to you.  If you don't agree, a little constructive critisms would do nicely, I'm trying to learn, were you born with all your gun knowledge???

What are you afraid of a capable woman with a gun???

Your kind gives gunowners a bad name.

Either be more gentlemanly, or don't respond to my posts anymore...
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 8:22:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

If it is too stupid, than I'll forget about it, but I just wanted some advise from folks that know a lot about shooting.
View Quote

Again, you stated you got expert advice.
From who? And yes it is TOOSTUPID
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 8:36:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Well you don't have to be so mean about it.  If you don't think it is a good idea, just say so, don't call me names.

I can shoot very well, thank you!  I realize it might not be a tech. that everyone can manage, but if I have the coordination and control to pull it off, is that so bad???

View Quote

No need to worry about the comments here.  You will see quickly, as you probably already have, that you need to have some thick skin on this board.  [;)]
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 8:37:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Hey tac! I won't be so gruff as some of the others but the concept is neither practical or fuctional. If you shoot that well I applaud your talent. But being "PERFECT" with one gun is a lifetime endevor for most. It has been said to me that "If all the rounds dont go in the same hole there is room for improvement".I personally am a ways from perfect with one gun let  alone two at once. Also bear in mind that fine motor skills and other senses are/can be greatly affected in actual real world firefights. I have personally experienced this in my own journeys with the gun. take it for what its worth. I dont know everything but I do know those things to be true. Take care and good shooting.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 8:41:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

You don't have to be such a jerk.  I never said anything rude to you.  If you don't agree, a little constructive critisms would do nicely, I'm trying to learn, were you born with all your gun knowledge???
View Quote

You are the JERKOFF! You and your still unnamed
expert put a pile of bullshit on the board and
expect consideration? You say you carry a gun
at work and you are still trying to learn?

What are you afraid of a capable woman with a gun???
View Quote

Capable woman with a gun? Capable of what?
Making a bloody fool of yourself.
Your kind gives gunowners a bad name.
Either be more gentlemanly, or don't respond to my posts anymore...
View Quote

You are the one that gives gun owners a bad name,"laying down suppressive fire...".
If you don't like the response keep your stupid
tac-girl mouth shut.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 8:47:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Tac-Girl is this the first time you have gotten flamed on this board. You forgot to put on your nomex suit didn't you? Well everybody enjoys the cat fights so have fun.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 8:48:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Here it comes...you better start running!
[img]http://home.earthlink.net/~thegardenweasel/newforumII.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 8:49:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

No need to worry about the comments here.  You will see quickly, as you probably already have, that you need to have some thick skin on this board.  [;)]
View Quote

slt223 What is your problem? The post is not
" I two gunned at the range today and had a blast". TACSTUPID GIRL and STUPID EXPERT think
this system is viable. If a guy had posted this crap you guys would be all over him.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 8:50:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Its not going to do what you want it to do.

Six
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 8:56:39 PM EDT
[#25]
'weasel: that was f'n hilarious. Hangfire: you're my hero.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 8:58:10 PM EDT
[#26]
>>I can lay down suppressive fire, good for crowd/riot/mob control, and intimidation factor.
>>Anyone have any feedback???

Yeah- stay away from guns. The legal problems engendered by "suppressive fire" from a civilian, (yes, even security people AND police are civilians...) to say nothing of the -pardon me- "collateral damage", would boggle the mind and give even more grist to the mills of the gun grabbers.

Who is the gun expert you refer to? Does he/she/it call her-him-itself Gecko 45?
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 9:02:33 PM EDT
[#27]
wow, you are the most popular girl on the boards and......

you didn't even have to have sex with anyone. You should be proud
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 9:09:29 PM EDT
[#28]
HANGFIRE, you are a ranting lunatic.

How are you allowed to have guns, I didn't think they allowed anything not padded in rubber where you live?

Oh well, it is time for you medication...

As I said, I did this at the range, so it was safe and in a controlled environment under the watchful eye of my friend the RM.  I wasn't shooting at squirrels in the backyard, like HANGFIRE likes to do, that is before he got sent to the padded cell.

Jerk...
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 9:11:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
slt223 What is your problem? The post is not
" I two gunned at the range today and had a blast". TACSTUPID GIRL and STUPID EXPERT think
this system is viable. If a guy had posted this crap you guys would be all over him.
View Quote

I take it back, you sound like a child.  I'm sorry for making fun of you.  Your mommy isn't mad at me I hope???
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 9:11:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 9:12:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Hang in there, tacgirl.  Just two quick points.  First, the two-gun technique really isn't particularly viable in the real world.  It is fun on the range and in a controlled environment, but has limited potential outside of the range.  Second, regarding the comments from some, if you hang around enough you will notice that those who are the most insulting to the individual are also the ones that are usually the least knowledgeable about the subject.  They think throwing out a bunch of insults helps them hide their ignorance.  It doesn't of course, but they are also usually to foolish to realize how foolish they make themselves look!
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 9:15:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Hang in there, tacgirl.  Just two quick points.  First, the two-gun technique really isn't particularly viable in the real world.  It is fun on the range and in a controlled environment, but has limited potential outside of the range.  Second, regarding the comments from some, if you hang around enough you will notice that those who are the most insulting to the individual are also the ones that are usually the least knowledgeable about the subject.  They think throwing out a bunch of insults helps them hide their ignorance.  It doesn't of course, but they are also usually to foolish to realize how foolish they make themselves look!
View Quote

And then there are those who choose to
insult en masse.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 9:39:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 9:40:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Mall Security?

Could Gecko45 have a girlfriend posting on the forum now?   Perhaps it's one of the members of the mall Fast Action Response Team or "FART".

Gotta use those electric powered rapid deployment vehicles too, since it's indoors you can't use the gas powered ones and with electric motors you've got the additional ability of stealth where you can sneak up on them from behind in true ninja fashion.

I suggest dual Special Weapons subguns instead of HK Tactical 45s, I'm sure Toad could help supply them for you.

This post was made with a LOT of references to past things that have gone on in this forum as well as others, the intent was that of novelty.  Serious issues have already been brought to the head by others here, but if you're gonna talk about shooting like some kind of Laura Croft "Tombraider" type person then expect to have people poke fun at you a bit.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 9:44:15 PM EDT
[#35]
if we could just combine this thread with the
killing of innocent cats it would be perfect.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 9:46:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Second, regarding the comments from some, if you hang around enough you will notice that those who are the most insulting to the individual are also the ones that are usually the least knowledgeable about the subject.  They think throwing out a bunch of insults helps them hide their ignorance.  It doesn't of course, but they are also usually to foolish to realize how foolish they make themselves look!
View Quote

Another STUPID INCIPIENT DEFENSE OF THE INDEFENSEABLE.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 9:47:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Would it be prefferable to use cats when training with the two gun technique?   TacGirl probably has lots of cats.
Oh man, I'm going to hell for this.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 9:48:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The benefits I can think of off the top of my head are, added capacity of ammo for immediate use, I can lay down suppressive fire, good for crowd/riot/mob control, and intimidation factor.

View Quote

Sounds good to me!
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 9:50:52 PM EDT
[#39]
ummmmmm laura croft shooting cats...

uh, i have to go to the bathroom
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 9:59:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Tac girl: would be a awsome site! I dont think a hk and a sig would match. Two hk's if you had to reload the mags would fit both. Or better a glock 22 and a glock 27.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 10:04:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Sure has been a while since there was a good old flamefest. This one ends here......

Kuiper
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top