Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/6/2001 9:15:20 AM EDT
Anyone have any experience with this rifle? I recently gave my Ruger 10/22 to my son and would like to replace it with another semi-auto with a bit better accuracy and this sounds like it.
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 1:47:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Hellraiser-My brother bought one before I did and glad he spent the money instead of me. Has some good points and some not so good. On his anyway he sent it back after about 100rds. Would jam 2-3 times in a 5rd clip. Factory replaced bolt and that seemed to solve that problem. Mag is a pain to load and bolt knob hard on your finger after a dozen pulls or so. Not designed real well and 5rd mag is a real pain. Just get started and it is empty. Sure doesn't compare to 10/22 for consumer friendly. On the plus side it had a pretty descent trigger and was very accurate and also handled great. He is getting rid of it as he purchased for his wife and she cannot load mag easily or pull bolt back many times and her fingers are sore.Hope this helps some. After shooting it I would definetly by another 10/22.
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 1:50:15 PM EDT
[#2]
POS  Move On!  [sniper]
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 2:22:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I would recommend something that is more proven, like a Remington 597. Better accuracy out of the box than a stock Ruger, IMHO. The 597 is well made, and comes in several configurations, including heavy barreled models. I think you would happy with one.

[img]www.remington.com/images/597lss.jpg[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top