Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2003 1:10:51 PM EDT
You guys read about those commie fags in New Orleans holding a "mock trial" for Thomas freaking JEFFERSON? Convicted him for "prolonging slavery, dicriminating against the French in Louisiana, and deporting American Indians."

Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia was there, and agreed with the jury's decision!!!

Sweet bleeding JESUS!
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 1:19:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I just saw him at Gunstock!
He didnt do any of those things!
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 1:29:29 PM EDT
[#2]
What THE Fuck?!?

[url]http://www.sunherald.com/mld/sunherald/news/state/7541392.htm[/url]

Mock trial finds Jefferson guilty

By CAIN BURDEAU
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

NEW ORLEANS - Scalia, other judges acquit Napoleon

U.S. Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia nodded, and along with a panel of judges agreed to find Thomas Jefferson guilty of prolonging slavery, deporting American Indians and discriminating against the French in Louisiana.

The verdict ran like lightning through the hushed audience in the rarely used en banc chamber of the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in New Orleans on Friday evening.

Jefferson's lawyer jumped to his feet outraged and demanded an appeal.

Napoleon Bonaparte - also on trial - was acquitted of abandoning the peoples in the Louisiana province to the United States when he struck the Louisiana Purchase deal with Jefferson in 1803.

With a grin, Napoleon gave his "avocat" the thumbs up.

Scalia joined a number of federal, state and appellate judges to hear out the testimony of Jefferson and Napoleon in a mock trial to celebrate, and review, lingering legal and historic questions about the Louisiana Purchase, "the greatest real estate deal" ever.

New Orleans capped the yearlong celebrations of the bicentennial of the Louisiana Purchase with fanfare on Saturday.

On Dec. 20, 1803, the American flag was hoisted in the Place d'Armes, now Jackson Square.

Friday was the final act of this three-part yearlong trial organized by Cajun Francophone lawyers. It was performed mostly in French and also celebrated the movement to preserve the French language in the United States.

"I think this trial proves that the French language in Louisiana is alive and well," said John Hernandez III, one of the main organizers of the trial.

As the representative of the 5th Circuit on the Supreme Court, Scalia was invited to attend the "proces simule," as it was termed in French.

"It's gratifying to see that we're remembering the native cultures of the time of the Purchase," said Warren Perrin, head of the Council for the Development of French in Louisiana, a pivotal organization for Cajuns.

"Just to get to see a justice of the Supreme Court, state court judges and federal judges interested in something like this is hard to describe," said Fortune' Dugan, a New Orleans lawyer in the audience.

Scalia's presence made the show.

He sat next to the presiding judge in the high-ceilinged courtroom, the panel of his black gown-clad peers spread out to his left and right.

Scalia didn't utter a word during the trial, and agreed with a nod - after consultation with the bench - to the verdict: Jefferson guilty, Napoleon innocent.

Throughout the one-hour event, Scalia sat as he does in the Supreme Court: pulling at his face deep in thought, interrupted by flashes of insight.

At turns, he chuckled with the rest of the full courtroom at the comedy of seeing Jefferson and Napoleon on trial.

The main contention in this legal play was that the development of the United States has often come with a price: The abused.

Jefferson - played by a lawyer-turned-actor in wig and breeches - took the stand first.

He was interrogated by representatives of the American Indians, black and white Creoles, Spanish and Acadians - the people who called the swamps and pine forests of the Mississippi River valley home in 1803.

The black slaves' representative sneered at Jefferson: "You say you wanted to abolish slavery, and yet, when you died, were not your slaves sold off at auction to pay your debts?"

Jefferson conceded: "Yes, I am sorry to admit. As I grew old, I sometimes asked myself whether my country was the better for my having lived at all."

In his defense, Jefferson added: "I did what I could. I always believed and proclaimed that all men are created equal and that they are endowed by their creator with certain inalienable rights, that liberty is among these rights."

The Cajuns asked: "Why do you believe that the French language had to be stamped out?"

Jefferson's reply: "Well, I will quote here a great American, Theodore Roosevelt, who shares with me a place of honor on the national monument of Mount Rushmore: 'There is room for but one language in this country, and that is the English language, for we must assure that the crucible turns out Americans and not some random dwellers in a polyglot boarding house."'
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 1:51:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I get so tired of people applying today's morality to figures in history.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 2:09:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Yet another kick by the left at the foundations of this country. [pissed]

They've been gunning for Jefferson for a while now. I would hazard to say it is an organized effort, as he is possibly THE most important figure in the origins of the USA. The left thinks that they can destroy him and hence discredit everything this country is based on that he was involved with.

God, this shit looks and sounds like Soviet-era crap, doesn't it?
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 4:44:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 5:48:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I held my own mock trial and found these asswipes guilty of negligent incoherence and 3rd degree drooling.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 5:55:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I hope those are felonies ...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top