Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2005 8:23:27 AM EDT
From what I've been seeing around ARFCOM in the recent past, I'mguessing my two questions will will be deemed "innappropriate". But, I'm gonna ask them anyway simply because the current situation makes NO sense.

1. Why, in ALL of the footage of looting I have seen, the looters are african american (requisite politically correct term)?

2. Why in ALL footage of helicopter rescue from rooftops footage I have seen, are the rescuees african american?

Seriously, maybe there are socio-economic reasons, maybe people are greedy, maybe they are leeching off a bad situation making it worse, maybe people are just stupid. But why do they all appear to be from one racial group?

FLAME SUIT ON!!!!
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:24:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Everyone already knows the answer.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:24:45 AM EDT
[#2]
This'll get locked for being a dupe (the race thing has been covered in a few threads) rather than being innapropriate, I'd say.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:26:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I was guessing it was a dup topic, but didnt go back far enough to find it. My slackerness is showing again!
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:26:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:27:11 AM EDT
[#5]
No flame.

New Orleans and the surrounding area has a disporportionate chunk of the nations African American population.  Blacks are about 12% of the national population- but make up about a third of the population of New Orleans.

Just by the sheer number, the crowds are going to be largely black all else being equal.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:27:21 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Everyone already knows the answer.

Yep.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:28:33 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Because that group composes the largest group of that cities poor and indigent.  They did not leave because they did not have the means to leave or were too ignorant to understand the dangers posed by staying.  I'm sure some, made a conscious decision to stay as they were criminals anyway and had an expectation for easy pickings.  Too bad they may never get away with the ill gotten gains.

Thats the stupidity I'm speaking of....where are they gonna take their ill gotten booty? Where are they gonna sell it? They arent. When they totally evacuate NO, it all gets left behind...
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:29:41 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
From what I've been seeing around ARFCOM in the recent past, I'mguessing my two questions will will be deemed "innappropriate". But, I'm gonna ask them anyway simply because the current situation makes NO sense.

1. Why, in ALL of the footage of looting I have seen, the looters are african american (requisite politically correct term)?

2. Why in ALL footage of helicopter rescue from rooftops footage I have seen, are the rescuees african american?

Seriously, maybe there are socio-economic reasons, maybe people are greedy, maybe they are leeching off a bad situation making it worse, maybe people are just stupid. But why do they all appear to be from one racial group?

FLAME SUIT ON!!!!

As for question #2, NO has a very high african American population, much of that poor. They might not have had a way out, they might have figured they would stay at their only possession, or they might just be stupid....

As far as question #1....Well, I think you'd have to look at the culture to answer that, but its pretty obvious....
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:31:48 AM EDT
[#9]
It would be the same way here in Detroit.  We artifically violate the laws of nature.  The weak and the stupid die.  It's a shame, but true.  Race has nothing to do with it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:32:50 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Because that group composes the largest group of that cities poor and indigent.  They did not leave because they did not have the means to leave or were too ignorant to understand the dangers posed by staying.  I'm sure some, made a conscious decision to stay as they were criminals anyway and had an expectation for easy pickings.  Too bad they may never get away with the ill gotten gains.

Thats the stupidity I'm speaking of....where are they gonna take their ill gotten booty? Where are they gonna sell it? They arent. When they totally evacuate NO, it all gets left behind...

And thats also why the PD and NG are spending more time looking for survivors than shooting looters.

They have by now been told what areas are gonna flood, and what areas are most likely to stay dry.  Eventually they will protect the areas that are going to remain dry, but they are not going to kill people over property that is going to be lost to the water anyway.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:33:30 AM EDT
[#11]
From the 2000 Census:

New Orleans Population: 484674
White:                         135956 28.05%
Black: 325947 67.25%
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:36:41 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
From the 2000 Census:

OMG!  I didn't think it was THAT black- I didn't think the black poplation in this country was large enough to make up THAT much of any one city...
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:38:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:41:04 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
From the 2000 Census:

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:43:00 AM EDT
[#15]
IBTL
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:45:06 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
From the 2000 Census:

Damn, you guys must not get out much. Take a drive through downtown Memphis TN sometime.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:45:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Has anyone seen the video (on CNN I think that was it), of looters (all black) exiting a store carrying all sorts of stuff, and there was this old white dude with his back to the camera just standing in front of the store, staring at the "oppressed" carrying off the contents of the store.

I'm sure the old dude was bewildered. SAD.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:54:31 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Damn, you guys must not get out much. Take a drive through downtown Memphis TN sometime.

Or Shreveport.
There are alot of towns in the south where blacks far out number whites. I am shocked that this is not common knowledge.

It is not a racist thing, it is just a fact thing.

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:05:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Hard to refute the facts.

But the libs do it all the time.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:08:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Please use one of the MANY other "Looters" threads.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top