Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2001 10:56:46 PM EDT
Anyone watch Cheaters.  They follow do a PI job for someone seeing if their SO is cheating on them.  They show the person video of the other person cheating. Then they have the people confront them. All on tv.  Then the host starts baggin on the cheating person. It rides that fine line between comedy and tragedy.  
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 11:04:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I wonder what this show has on the mentality of the "cheater" I know that if I was being filmed without me knowing it I would be pissed off!
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 12:31:16 AM EDT
[#2]
JBR,

Well, don't cheat and you won't have to worry. [;D]

I have a feeling this show is somehow fixed. Its kinda funny though.
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 1:57:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Before you air anything like this on TV you have to have a release signed by all parties concerned, to do so without a release is considered invasion of privacy. So the "cheater" has signed (usually for money and/or the chance to be on TV). There are a few exceptions but following someone around in order to show them doing something considered wrong by society or something they could be ridiculed for, you need a release.
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 7:51:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Since most of the videotaping is done from public areas no release needs to be signed by the "cheater."  The only time they would need a release for the "cheater" is if his face was to be on TV, or they follow him uninvited into his place of residence.

And this show is funny as shit, some of the girls being cheated on are so stupid.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top