Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/29/2005 10:25:59 AM EDT
Stopped by the gunstore near campus today to see what they had in stock.

The only interesting guns were a WASR-10, an SU-16 (original), and... drumroll please...

A mint, NIB, never fired, Colt 70 Series Gold Cup 1911A1. I got to hold it in my hands; it sighted perfectly. The only other gun that ever felt so right in my hands was a CZ-75B.

If I was the sort to get a woody over a firearm, I'd be collapsing from all the blood draining from my brain right now.

The price tag sorta helped prevent that.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:30:50 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:36:50 AM EDT

Originally Posted By shotar:
No, Pilgrimige to the holy land is the feeling you get entering the gates of Camp Perry and the armed MPs politely point you to the North store where you can get your own genuine, US Government owned M1 rifle and all the ammo you want. The racks upon racks of semi auto goodness dotted with nice match grade rimfires and bolt actions. That sir, is a religious experience.

Okay, you got me there. Hook me up with an address and the average price tag, pronto!

The $350 Colt Python at another store was pretty nice too.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:38:45 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Swindle1984:

No, Pilgrimige to the holy land is the feeling you get entering the gates of Camp Perry and the armed MPs politely point you to the North store where you can get your own genuine, US Government owned M1 rifle and all the ammo you want. The racks upon racks of semi auto goodness dotted with nice match grade rimfires and bolt actions. That sir, is a religious experience.

Okay, you got me there. Hook me up with an address and the average price tag, pronto!

You wouldn't want to IM me the phone number of that store, would you?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:43:25 AM EDT

Originally Posted By arowneragain:

Originally Posted By Swindle1984:

You wouldn't want to IM me the phone number of that store, would you?

Not just no, but FUCK no. I'm keeping this under wraps until I've got the money to buy it and hit my 21st birthday.

It's got MAYBE 40% finish on it. It's pretty badly worn off. The gun itself is in excellent shape, however. I think the finish rubbing off is just holster wear or something similar.
Top Top