Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2004 8:34:23 AM EDT
Well Sad, is about all I can say, just plain sad.....

I saw 3 ARs, all were what used to be called "post-ban" at "pre-ban" prices....

1 M1 Garand, looke dlike a CAI, and it was $1000.... I laughed at him....

1 M1 Carbine, $600.......

A few .45s, all differant brands, some of the prices were inline on those...

1 long friggen table with the damn beenie babies, sheesh...

No ammo cans at all, a few NIW USGI/LE AR mags, for $25 a piece, I laughed at them to....

No Ka-Bar knives, which was what I was wanting to pick up..

I did sell a pistol, my Beretta, got my money back on it, it was sold in about 10 minutes after I waalked through the door..

I spent about an hour and a half there, this gun show is allways a small one....

I saw alot of C&R stuff, but at TRIPLE the prices that I pay through AIM or SOG...

Oh well, I killed some time anyway this A.M.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:41:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, cheer up, you can't win them all. Those vendors are just trying not to loose their shirts on all of their post-ban inventory that is probably worth half. Just wait for a few more months, you will see those guys drop their prices.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:56:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Well now . . . .

visted the "small" local show on Saturday.  Maybe 200-250 eight foot tables, and only 15 minutes from home.

Wanted to find a nice used Ruger Mk II 22 pistol for a friend on mine, but no luck.

Saw lots of used AR mags for $20 - $25 each.  No new ones.  

One dealer had several really nice C&R rifles, along with a few of the "new" CIA import AK's. The K-31's he had were very temping , and prices were not bad at all -- I'll Call AIM tomorrow and use my C&R.  

One of the vendor's , who is at most of the shows I attend, had new LE marked Glock mags -- from $21 to $24 each.  Picked up a total of 10 -- for me and another shooting buddy.  

Then there was another "vendor" or should I say "scalper".  He had a couple of "almost new" (so he says) Glock 21, 13 round pre-ban mags.  Only wanted $100 each  ! ! !    So I said "vendor over there has Glock mags for under $25  ! ! "    "Can't be so - -  must be after-market mags, and those are JUNK  ! "  

So I showed him the three Glock 21 mags I had just purchased.  "Wasted your money pal - - - the next ban will make those illegal  ! !".  

Bet he took his $100 mags home with him . . . . . .

Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:21:27 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Then there was another "vendor" or should I say "scalper".  He had a couple of "almost new" (so he says) Glock 21, 13 round pre-ban mags.  Only wanted $100 each  ! ! !    So I said "vendor over there has Glock mags for under $25  ! ! "    "Can't be so - -  must be after-market mags, and those are JUNK  ! "  

So I showed him the three Glock 21 mags I had just purchased.  "Wasted your money pal - - - the next ban will make those illegal  ! !".  

Bet he took his $100 mags home with him . . . . . .

Bet he's probably betting that Kerry might win. Probably doesn't need the money anyways because he probably sell his stuff for a hobby.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:30:36 AM EDT
[#4]

So I showed him the three Glock 21 mags I had just purchased. "Wasted your money pal - - - the next ban will make those illegal ! !"

That's the kind of underhanded shit that burns me up!!!
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:32:38 AM EDT
[#5]
I sold two 13+2 NDF G21 mags to my buddy for $24. Seems fair, considering what they are going for now.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:32:47 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

So I showed him the three Glock 21 mags I had just purchased. "Wasted your money pal - - - the next ban will make those illegal ! !"

It should be legal, and encouraged, to meet that kind of huckster bullshit with an ASP to the chops.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:35:16 AM EDT
[#7]
I would relish the opportunity to go to what you all in Free America call a 'crappy' gunshow
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:35:41 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I would relish the opportunity to go to what you all in Free America call a 'crappy' gunshow

Likewise. The biggest gun show in IL was shut down by the 'anti' bitch of a mayor in Grayslake, IL, after she had her PD pull a scam to buy ammo w/o id's.

Despite asking over 50 dealers, they finally got 2 to agree, on the belief the undercovers, claiming they were from Indiana, had "left their ID in the truck".

Her honor the Bitch went before the village board, and declared the gun show a "hazard" due to the "reckless disregard", etc. as shown by the ammo purchases and the "rampant theft" of guns (average 2 per show). The promoter was going to file a lawsuit, but I don't know whatever happened to it.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:40:44 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It should be legal, and encouraged, to meet that kind of huckster bullshit with an ASP to the chops.

It is legal....

...just dont get caught.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top